Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

^ I lol'd

EDIT: ok done laughing, I never knew anyone could completely miss the point. I never said megaman didn't have a timeline. Oh jeez I can't finish this ok you win whatever, have some champagne etc.

P.S. EDIT2: Another hint for the Zelda timeline since you so "kindly" requested it. The easiest connection can be made in Twilight Princess where Ganon escapes from the Sacred Realm after The hero of Time sealed him in there so long ago. Also look at Wind Waker and all the refrences made to OOT in the opening sequence alone. (according to Nintendo OOT was the first game in the series that was quoted by miyamoto himself).

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Roll said:
Zelda 1 --> Link's Adventure (END)
Link's Awakening (END)
Link to the Past (END)
Ocarina --> Majora's Mask (END)
Seasons <---> Ages (END)
Windwaker --> Minish? --> Hourglass?
Four Swords GBA ---> Four Swords Adventures?

Okay, show me how they're all connected, how it's all the same dude, etc. The lore and EVERYTHING has changed from game to game.

All like all but L's A DX is a "leftover" of some other games. Final boss, Wind Fish Nightmare is a sum of some previous bosses, like Gannon or Agahnim.

thanks Nemomon I just remembered, I thought I saw a full summary of the time line somewhere that covered that, if I find it again I'll post it. Its really well made and took in every plot point and Nintendo's own refrences into full consideration. Alot of people agree that Minish cap replaces OOT as the first game due to the events that take place. And Twilight Princess comes after OOT but before Zelda 1 and 2 but thats all I can remember sorry.

Also did you hear that the next game is being done specially to try and start linking the time line together more clearly. (I should stop talking about Zelda and stay on topic XD).

Woo Megaman 9.

EDIT:
Nemomon;62192 said:
Originally Posted by Roll <--- I see what you did there
Link's Awakening (END)
Link to the Past (END)
Seasons <---> Ages (END)

Okay, show me how they're all connected, how it's all the same dude, etc. The lore and EVERYTHING has changed from game to game.

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
Vincent Dante said:
Originally Posted by Roll <--- I see what you did there

Sorry Role, too much MegaMan...... >_<

We firgit to mention, both Oracle Zeldas are connected each other as well (Ganon, Twinrova, Zelda has been kidnapped again, Onox / Veran has been beated before and You must kill second Twinrova's hand).

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
HEY LOOK A DISTRACTION!

mm9vid.jpg

http://kotaku.com/5024083/mega-man-9-is-coming-to-360-ps3

Chew on that awhile and get your butts back on topic.

(I told you so) >_>

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Nemomon;62192 said:
Originally Posted by Roll

*Role shoots Nemo with a shotgun.

See, see? Roll would have attacked you with a giant heart! Do not confuse me with that WHORE!

Anywho, Playstation network? Do they even have that up yet? I haven't seen a single thing so far that is known for using it... I mean, Xbox live and WiiWare? Yeah, but... well, Sony's not known for their network...

@ tcatomon: Awesome :D so it really is coming out on all 3, I guess that previous source I posted wasn't very reliable at all. Nice video too.

@nemomon: maybe we should start a Zelda time line thread its suddenly become a popular topic here :p. Also if you played the Gamecube twilight princess (not so obvious on the wii one, well kinda) the map is the same as OOT which goes in line with what Nintendo said about TP being set somewhere between OOT and windwaker (although thats a big gap really, sorry I can't honestly think of much more to add than that right now).

@ rollplay: do you have a ps3? or are you just assuming? (i'm guessing not) I have all 3 myself :). I hate to burst your bubble but the PSN is even more popular than wiiware right now and is catching up to live in fact. It's a good service, it wont really be as good as live but people still prefer it over the Wii online services and those lovable friend codes thats for sure.

P.S. calling an 8 year old a whore you have issues XD and no roll attacks with a range of melee weapons from a broom to a katana if you played powered up (lol @ my fanboyism + DLC).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Vince: That was a EXE reference and you KNOW IT!

All I was stating is that Sony's not known for their network. And of course I don't own a PS3. They're STILL $500-600! I can't afford that!

I always saw zelda as not one guy, one princess, and one villain, but rather as a series of them. In other words, not all the links are the same, not all the ganons are the same, and not all the Zeldas. If it does happen to be on the same timeline, that's one hell of a bunch of coincidences. But yeah, we should make a zelda discussion topic somewhere, and continue this there. For now, we need to get back on topic.

It IS a good thing that Sony's network is catching up. I'm just surprised I don't hear more about it at work. I hear a lot of WiiWare and Xbox Live, but not much PSN...

So then, with Rockman 9, does anyone have any plans for runthoughs yet? Speedruns, single-weapon runs, no-healing runs, etc?

Oh roll.exe ah my bad (in that case I agree) I thought you meant cute little roll in the series we were talking about.

Your right there, the Zeldas and Links are all different people, Ganon is the same guy however. (its quite long and complicated to explain in a short post but the clue is in the triforce). Ultimatley until Nintendo officially confirm the time line themselves (and stop throwing clues instead) then it is fair to say it is all seperate if you want to. The game is supposed to be enjoyed just like any other game after all I just like making the connections myself it doesn't mean anyone else should :).

Back on topic now (at last) I wonder if Proto man and Mega man's robot master weapons will be identical or different? I guess looking at the recentish X games I can expect some variety.

Pluvius

Oh boy do I have to catch up. Post that took me like 10 minutes:

Tcatomon;62044 said:
Comparing an eight foot tall lizard in his prime to an old wrinkled human isn't exactly the same thing, either. We got an end to the X series, Zero series, and I'll asume someday the Legends and ZX series. Why should classic be any different? They can always have spin offs anytime, but knowing what happens between classic and X would be nice. (Zero series filled in most of the blanks between X and Z)
X was a lackluster reimagining of a classic series. They won't ever connect beyond a few references here & there.

Role;62085 said:
Does Mario have a timeline? No. Does Zelda? HELL no. Does megaman? YES. And that timeline actually has ended series before. So we need things that close one part and set up for the next.
Put the classic series in order for me. It's not terribly easy.
Role;62153 said:
1 --> 2 --> 3 --> 4 --> 5 --> 6 --> 7 --> 8 --> 9 -----> X1 --> X2 --> Xtreme --> X3 --> Xtreme2 --> X4 --> X5 --> X6 --> X7 --> X8 --> Command Mission -----> Z1 --> Z2 --> Z3 --> Z4 -----> ZX1 --> ZX2/A
(I, II, III, IV, V?, & Forte, & Forte 2 somewhere in there)
Oh wait, you can't. You skipped so many games. X onwards has a solid storyline, but Classic barely has one. & Mario can be said to have a timeline. It's chronological order. What else would it be?

Tcatomon;62149 said:
Sigma was officially defeated though, that was enough closer for alot of people... including me.
Axl can remain dead or not, it really doesn't matter to me one way or another. He got hit in the head, not the chest. It broke the gem on his helmet.
You really believe Capcom when they say Sigma is dead?

Role;62153 said:
Zelda with a timeline? Let's look here:

Link's Awakening (END)
Link to the Past (END)
Seasons <---> Ages (END)

Zelda games take place eons from eachother. Legend clouds history. Nobody ever said every Link was the same. The only characters that are likely the same throughout are the 3 goddesses & Ganon. Even the Sages change.

Role;62153 said:
Anywho, notice how at the end of X8, you could SWEAR those are Panthenons? Beat it and watch the ending. You'll see. It shows it's getting really close to the elf wars.
Pantheons were made in Copy X' image. There's no way they could be in X8.

Role;62246 said:
See, see? Roll would have attacked you with a giant heart! Do not confuse me with that WHORE!
Roll would have attacked him with her broom or her buster.

Role;62246 said:
Anywho, Playstation network? Do they even have that up yet? I haven't seen a single thing so far that is known for using it... I mean, Xbox live and WiiWare? Yeah, but... well, Sony's not known for their network...
I've only really heard of PSX games on the PSN.

Role;62268 said:
Vince: That was a EXE reference and you KNOW IT!
You ought to spell Roll.EXE's name properly.

Tcatomon

1. Seeing as I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past if I were to pick up another of them I wouldn't even begin to know how they all fit together.. as far as I'm concerned each individual game is a retcon/retelling of the original game. Megaman at least numbers them properly. >.>

2. I wouldn't give you 10 cents for the black behemoth of the Ps3. There isn't one "exclusive" game on it that's worth the DVD it's printed on.. (MGS4 excluding...) and the rest are available on another system. The Wii just strikes me as "kiddy" and full of gimmicky BS. But.. to each his own... personally I'd rather buy a system that I don't have to take out a bank loan for.

"You really believe Capcom when they say Sigma is dead?"
Seeing as it came from the creator himself? Yes. Unless Capcom goes over his head again like they did with X6, X7 and X8 I think it'd be safe to say the main story of the X games is over. I think most people would be happy to see a close. They could do spin offs, side stories whatever, so long as the main plot is done and over.
Hell, I was content with the end of the Zero series despite it's my favourite out of the franchise.

"I've only really heard of PSX games on the PSN."
*laughs* Honestly I've never heard of PSN until MM9 said it would be downloadable through the PS3. You never hear anything about it like Wii and 360

Tcatomon

1. Seeing as I haven't played a Zelda game since Link to the Past if I were to pick up another of them I wouldn't even begin to know how they all fit together.. as far as I'm concerned each individual game is a retcon/retelling of the original game. Megaman at least numbers them properly. >.>

2. I wouldn't give you 10 cents for the black behemoth of the Ps3. There isn't one "exclusive" game on it that's worth the DVD it's printed on.. (MGS4 excluding...) and the rest are available on another system. The Wii just strikes me as "kiddy" and full of gimmicky BS. But.. to each his own... personally I'd rather buy a system that I don't have to take out a bank loan for.

Seeing as it came from the creator himself? Yes. Unless Capcom goes over his head again like they did with X6, X7 and X8 I think it'd be safe to say the main story of the X games is over. I think most people would be happy to see a close. They could do spin offs, side stories whatever, so long as the main plot is done and over.
Hell, I was content with the end of the Zero series despite it's my favourite out of the franchise.

*laughs* Honestly I've never heard of PSN until MM9 said it would be downloadable through the PS3. You never hear anything about it like Wii and 360

Pluvius

Tcatomon;62319 said:
There isn't one "exclusive" game on it that's worth the DVD it's printed on.. (MGS4 excluding...) and the rest are available on another system.
They're printed on BR discs. I don't think those are DVDs, but they might technicaly be.

Tcatomon;62319 said:
The Wii just strikes me as "kiddy" and full of gimmicky BS.
It's partially that, but the virtual console is geared to me, personally.

Tcatomon;62319 said:
Seeing as it came from the creator himself? Yes. Unless Capcom goes over his head again like they did with X6, X7 and X8
Which they will.

Tcatomon;62319 said:
The only reason I've heard of those is from all the PSP hacking I've read up on.