Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
Role;60617 said:
Another Zero game? HOW? Zero died in 4! As in, yes, he's got nine lives, right? Okay, so Ragnarok goes boom. He loses #9. Great. Now he's losing lives 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 in reentry. He then loses the final one, life 0, upon impact with the ground. Game over. HE'S AS DEAD AS IT GETS! I don't see how you can make another Zero game after that!
my bad never got around to playing zero four i didnt have money when it came out and never got to it.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Meh. Zero to ZX doesn't need anything, it's more or less explained well. Ragnarok wasn't quite dead, they made biometal to make it dead. For Megaman to X, the only links we have are Zero, X, and the Cataclysm. What this Cataclysm is, we have no clue. It's never been answered. We all just THINK Zero did it, but Capcom's all hush-hush about it. For X to Zero we have the Elf Wars.

We also want to PLAY the Elf Wars. That would be awesome. Perhaps IF they did another Zero game, it wouldn't be a sequel, it'd be a PREquel. Though, I'd love to play as X in the MMZ style, and see how he got his snazzy new armor that Copy X... er, copied... So, it'd be cool if it was a Zero game where X was optional, as opposed to an X where Zero was optional...

But it'd probably be released as Megaman Elf Wars or something. Or, god forbid, Megaman Axl. @_@

Pluvius

RamenRanger;60571 said:
i think that if Coa is producing it and not CoJ is a baad thing. first off that might mean that the creator himself as little to do with this.
Lots of good Mega Man games come out without Inafune's input. Even then, nothing says he isn't working with CoA on this or simply approving & disapproving things as they come along.

RamenRanger;60571 said:
"he storyline DOES NOT lead into the X Series, rather it's a 'traditional' plot." that is stupid it . it should lead up to zero awakening in like a ending video. and and through out the game so story on the development of X should be there.
RamenRanger, tying into the X series would be terrible for a great many number of reasons. Firstly, there's no need to end the classic series anytime soon. Furthermore, Zero most likely isn't awakened until long after the classic series robots disarm & lead normal lives or something. I mean, Zero wasn't even really finished until he got rebuilt in X2.

Tcatomon;60594 said:
Poop that is Sonic Spinball. >.>
I liked Sonic Spinball.

Tcatomon;60594 said:
All the series (Classic, X, Zero, ZX) are still left open [...]
You forgot DASH/Legends. Classic, X, Zero, ZX, & DASH all flow into eachother via large vaguely mentioned gaps.

Role;60623 said:
For Megaman to X, the only links we have are Zero, X, and the Cataclysm. What this Cataclysm is, we have no clue. It's never been answered. We all just THINK Zero did it, but Capcom's all hush-hush about it.
What cataclysm? I've never heard anything about this in all my time with the series, excluding horrible fanfiction & Bob & George.

Role;60623 said:
Or, god forbid, Megaman Axl. @_@
ZX Advent has already been released. :D

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Pluvius;60634 said:
RamenRanger, tying into the X series would be terrible for a great many number of reasons. Firstly, there's no need to end the classic series anytime soon.

I liked Sonic Spinball.

You forgot DASH/Legends. Classic, X, Zero, ZX, & DASH all flow into eachother via large vaguely mentioned gaps.

What cataclysm? I've never heard anything about this in all my time with the series, excluding horrible fanfiction & Bob & George.

1. GRAAAAAARG! Thank you!

2. I liked Spinball too (the soundtrack especially), don't get me wrong, but it's not quite up to the same standards as the other classic Sonic games. The team who made it have even admitted it.

3. That was my point. I just forgot Legends... but it doesn't lead into another game like the others, hense why I left it out.

4. I could be reading into this wrong, but I *think* she means the one between Classic and X. The one that wiped out Rock, Forte, Roll and everyone else. We can assume Wily and Light die of old age and Proto because of his faults. Forte probably got his butt kicked somewhere along the lines. Unless Forte and Rock die trying to attack each other it'd make for a pretty "blah" ending.

5. ZX:Advent is not Megaman Axl. Play the game. Again if necessary.

RamenRanger;60611 said:
tsk tsk tsk how naive. its not a so what what. its a big deal. a lot of people want it to lead to the x seies

also if you think of it this way 9 leads to the X series right. X being 10 in roman numerals . meaning X is the Next event in order and so on. it would be a funny play on the tittles of the games and yet make since.

1. Yes, it's a big deal, I never said it wasn't. But like I'd said before.. we don't have ANY series that ties up with full facts and "to be continued in the next Megaman series". All events at the end of every game foreshadow what's to come next. Classic shows hints of Zero, X has Zero sealed away (excluding X6, X7 & X8), Zero has Zero save the world and die (which IMHO the Zero series is the only one that opens, climaxes, then ends. X8 coming in a close second, though I would like to know what happened to Axl). ZX and Legends have open ended endings as far as I'm concerned. The way ZX:A ended I've no doubt we'll see a ZX3, and they've already said they *really* want to see a Legends 3.
The only thing a MM9 could possibly do is lay the ground work further for tie-in or indulge the fans by digging further into the world of the Classic series with more of a plot and story than "Dr Wily wants to take over the world" like he has done in the first few games. We might get character interaction, cut scenes and a general MM7/8 feel to it.
And please do remember these are still rumors. For all we know they're fake (like the supposed "screen shot"), or meant to be inaccurate to throw fans off the trail of what's REALLY going down.

2. X is NOT 10. It never HAS been 10 and it never WILL be 10. I would honest to God love to see a Megaman 10 just so people will stop confusing the two. X is his name, not a number.. even as quoted by official source material:
"Thus, during his construction of X, when X asked him [Dr. Light] why he called him X, he answered that "X is a variable of unlimited potential."

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pluvius;60634 said:
...Model A is model ALBERT. I was saying god forbid it being called Megaman Axl because it specifically states that X and Zero were the ones that saved the world in the Elf Wars by kicking Omega's ass in the final battle. Axl would be out of place. Sidestory? Sure, shoot away. God forbid the ELF WARS SAGA becomes Megman Axl thoguh, like I said.

As for what happened to Axl, I think it'll be told in the 9th X game, when ever it comes out. After all, Axl isn't mentioned at all in Zero. He could be dead. And for all we know, maybe they need multiple games to lead up to the cataclysm. Maybe 9's not enough to cut it, and would seem rushed. Maybe they need to or three to build up to the tie in.

Tcatomon

As far as I'm concerned the X series is over (or at least the numbered 1 - 8 Maverick Wars Saga). Sigma's dead, Axl may or may not be (Personally I hope he is, it'd be a fitting "start/end" to the data copying/transforming/etc seen in ZX). If anything else I'd rather see a spin-off, like you said, that would go into detail a bit more on the Elf Wars.. Sort of like Command Mission and Xtreme did.

Pluvius

Tcatomon;60648 said:
4. I could be reading into this wrong, but I *think* she means the one between Classic and X. The one that wiped out Rock, Forte, Roll and everyone else. We can assume Wily and Light die of old age and Proto because of his faults. Forte probably got his butt kicked somewhere along the lines. Unless Forte and Rock die trying to attack each other it'd make for a pretty "blah" ending.
Role;60653 said:
And for all we know, maybe they need multiple games to lead up to the cataclysm. Maybe 9's not enough to cut it, and would seem rushed. Maybe they need to or three to build up to the tie in.
You both seem pretty sure of a presumption. Violent deaths aren't in keeping with the mood of the classic series. It's safer to assume they just chill out at some point.

Tcatomon;60648 said:
5. ZX:Advent is not Megaman Axl. Play the game. Again if necessary.
Role;60653 said:
...Model A is model ALBERT.
Yup, that's why his voice actor is similar to Axl's, he uses 2 pistols, & can transform into other Reploids. The letter might stand for Albert, but it's obvious off of whom the Biometal is based.

Role;60653 said:
I was saying god forbid it being called Megaman Axl because it specifically states that X and Zero were the ones that saved the world in the Elf Wars by kicking Omega's ass in the final battle. Axl would be out of place. Sidestory? Sure, shoot away. God forbid the ELF WARS SAGA becomes Megman Axl thoguh, like I said.

As for what happened to Axl, I think it'll be told in the 9th X game, when ever it comes out. After all, Axl isn't mentioned at all in Zero. He could be dead.
Axl isn't in the Zero series because he was conceived after it began. Inafune obviously used the drama tracks to give us the hints that Axl is dead with the 75% of Reploids & 95% of Humans dead, or whatever the numbers were. Granted, Axl could easily have survived & been any number of places during that.

Tcatomon;60656 said:
As far as I'm concerned the X series is over (or at least the numbered 1 - 8 Maverick Wars Saga). Sigma's dead, Axl may or may not be (Personally I hope he is, it'd be a fitting "start/end" to the data copying/transforming/etc seen in ZX). If anything else I'd rather see a spin-off, like you said, that would go into detail a bit more on the Elf Wars.. Sort of like Command Mission and Xtreme did.
How did Cyber Mission &/or Soul Eraser go into detail on the Elf Wars?

Tcatomon

Pluvius;60710 said:
Yup, that's why his voice actor is similar to Axl's, he uses 2 pistols, & can transform into other Reploids. The letter might stand for Albert, but it's obvious off of whom the Biometal is based.

How did Cyber Mission &/or Soul Eraser go into detail on the Elf Wars?

1. "Even though Model A seems to have extremely similar traits with Axl, it was created by Master Albert as a back-up system for himself, similar to his "dummy body" seen in the game prior to the final levels. This is why it is named Model A(lbert). As such, Model A has no confirmed relation to X-series character Axl. It is possible that Albert had based designs on Model A from information about Axl without actually downloading his AI and consciousness to it, or that Albert did indeed somehow retrieve his data to make Model A, but for some reason did not want to admit to doing so. This issue may have something to do with the disputed canon between games made after MMX5 and the MMZero/ZX series. If Model A truly has nothing to do with Axl, his similar attacks and appearance may simply be a tribute to the character. "
http://megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Mega_Man_ZX_Advent

2. I meant how Xtreme and Command mission were side stories, not that they tied in with the Elf Wars. Bad sentence structure on my part.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
So, I have a question that's... kinda off-topic to this one: why did Capcom all of a sudden decide to continue the original series when it hasn't worked on it for 10 years and has gone on to bigger and better things, like say, Ryuusei?

EDIT: Please don't kill me.

Tcatomon

More bits and pieces!
http://www.rockmanpm.com/

Can someone more familiar with Classic tell me if those screenshots from RPM are from existing games? One of the levels looks like Toadman's.

And the robot Masters ARE:
Magma Man
Galaxy Man
Jewel Man
Concrete Man
Hornet Man
Plug Man
Tornado Man
Splash Woman

You heard me. Woman

tricky77puzzle;60742 said:
why did Capcom all of a sudden decide to continue the original series when it hasn't worked on it for 10 years and has gone on to bigger and better things, like say, Ryuusei?
If there's enough of a demand for something game companies will milk what they can out of a series. There was never any doubt there would be a MM9 eventually, Capcom just wanted to make sure there was both funding and demand.
Inti Creates are working on the game for one and they just finished up Zero.

I don't consider Ryuusei 'better' in any means >___>;

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh, is this going to be for Wii's virtual console (or whatever it's called)?

Tcatomon

I'm not all sure why people are going suddenly ga-ga and hyping the Wii. It's said to be on 360, PS3 AND Wii. All as downloadable goodies.

Akai Shuichi

The Pierrot
So far, Its only confirmed to be a Downloadable Title on WiiWare, so as of now, its Wii-Exclusive until something else is confirmed, which it most likely will be at E3.

Tcatomon

BUT... the first sign we saw of the MM9 name it said "multiplatform". Since all three have downloadable content I'm not ruling any of them out. Given it's sprite based nature and given the option I'd probably prefer it on DS, meself >.>

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
It's probably going to be downloadable from Xbox live as well. Playstation? Maybe, but they're not exactly known for online stuff...

Tcatomon

I can't believe I'm saying this... I'm more psyched over the news of Diablo 3 than I am MM9. Maybe if it had been more along the lines of MM7 or MM8's graphics it would have pulled me in more. As far as I see it the 8-bit is just a step back from what we've been used to in recent years and so far that I've seen has only appealled to the people who grew up with it (I know two people right off who are spazing over it for the nostalgia).
I'm still going to get it though, don't get me wrong, but the more I hear about it the more "meh" it seems :/ Unless Capcom pulls something spectacular out of the sprite bin it might as well just be the first six games all over again.