Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Except for the fact some of us don't give two flying flips about Blue-ray. I still own a 12 inch TV. You think I care about seeing things in high def? Until the day regular DVDs become extinct I wont bother upgrading. I JUST stopped buying VHS two years ago for the simple reason I don't have the money to keep upgrading things >_>

lolwut? @ above xD

Oh, and Blu-ray might as well be DVD from what I've read up on. It just stores more data and is "more" high def than HD/DVD ..personally I don't even notice a substantial difference ON HD TVs to warent it being called the next "big leap".

I leave and you guys start another arguement.

oh well heres my 2 cents on the matter then (deep breath). PSN may not be mentioned a lot but its there and is doing well for itself.

Seriously I don't trust capcom as far as I could throw them when they say sigma is dead (but I believe the X series is).

Zero series was awesome I agree.

Owning all 3 consoles gives me an unbiased view on the console wars and I can honeslty say people don't give the PS3 enough credit when it comes to the games library (I can list ALOT of exclusives weather you like those titles or not is up to you).

And HD is fun and shiny but go ahead and play megaman 9 in black and white if you want to, it wont make me lose any sleep so you don't really need to start an argument on it. HD is a Pointless argument since its just a novelty on image quality (that said with some games like dead rising if you play it on SDTV you will find the text is illegible, maybe capcom should have thought about that a bit more).

Pluvius

Vincentdante;62333 said:
oh well heres my 2 cents on the matter then (deep breath). PSN may not be mentioned a lot but its there and is doing well for itself.
OK, Mr. Has-A-PS3, help me out here. The PS3 has downloadable PSX games, correct? & those PSX games can be played on the PSP. Are any other PSN games playable on the PSP? Could Mega Man 9 possibly be playable on the PSP in this way? If so, that's a selling point for the PS3, & a free way to play MM9 for me.

Tcatomon

Vincentdante;62333 said:
.....you will find the text is illegible, maybe capcom should have thought about that a bit more).

Actually ALL gaming companies need to think about that. @o; There's nothing fun about trying to play a game and read text on teeny tiny eye-strain-o-vision. Penny Arcade and Assassin's Creed are the two major ones I can think of that I've played that don't take into account not everyone has an HD TV. I had to play those on a 42" TV to read it properly.
My biggest gripe is with subtitles.. how they're all white with no dark outline so you can't read them half the time and too tiny to read the other half. ;p Being half deaf they come in handy from time to time!

Pluvius;62334 said:
OK, Mr. Has-A-PS3, help me out here. The PS3 has downloadable PSX games, correct? & those PSX games can be played on the PSP. Are any other PSN games playable on the PSP? Could Mega Man 9 possibly be playable on the PSP in this way? If so, that's a selling point for the PS3, & a free way to play MM9 for me.

What do you mean selling point? it's not really going to sell a PS3 to anyone who doesn't want one. But whatever do as you please, only downloaded PSX and PSP games can be transfered.

@ Tcatomon, Yeah alot of companies assume your on HD which sucks, although funny thing I have HD and the Wii looks terrible on it. It was not designed for HD and looks all pixalated as a result, oh well.

Pluvius

Vincentdante;62379 said:
What do you mean selling point? it's not really going to sell a PS3 to anyone who doesn't want one. But whatever do as you please, only downloaded PSX and PSP games can be transfered.
If PSN games were playable on the go on the PSP, the PS3 would have a big advantage over the 360's XBLA.

Vincentdante;62379 said:
@ Tcatomon, Yeah alot of companies assume your on HD which sucks, although funny thing I have HD and the Wii looks terrible on it. It was not designed for HD and looks all pixalated as a result, oh well.
My Wii looks fine on HD. Are you using the right wire & setting?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pluvis, please keep in mind that when I said it was an OBVIOUS EXE REFERENCE, it's supposed to be a reference to EXE. Try reading other posts before you make a fool of yourself for trying to make a non-existant point that's already been addressed.

Besides, attacking with a freaking broom is just as lame.

Actually, BD is the acronym for Blu Ray (used to work at an electronics store). But still, that's pretty neat.

...Besides, if Roll really could take all those guys out with a freaking BROOM, what does that say about the Megabuster? What does it shoot, nerf foam?

Pluvius

Role;62412 said:
Pluvis, please keep in mind that when I said it was an OBVIOUS EXE REFERENCE, it's supposed to be a reference to EXE. Try reading other posts before you make a fool of yourself for trying to make a non-existant point that's already been addressed.
I had seen that it was addressed. Your little hatred of Roll.EXE is confusing, & if you just spelt her name properly it wouldn't be such an issue. Roll has no other name, so the easiest way to differentiate is to write out Roll.EXE's 7 Roll Caskett's full names.

Role;62412 said:
Besides, attacking with a freaking broom is just as lame.
I disagree. I think it's a great weapon that fits the mood of the classic series & Roll as a character.

Role;62412 said:
...Besides, if Roll really could take all those guys out with a freaking BROOM, what does that say about the Megabuster? What does it shoot, nerf foam?
The classic series is not that serious. & if you wanted to make it make sense, she channels energy into the broom just like how Zero blocks a saber with a pipe in X4 or charges his handgun in his series. It's not as if Roll's buster is useless, anyway. We have no way to compare the 2 because they've never been used in the same setting. Roll's buster was almost as effective as Rockman's in MvC & MvC2, which seems pretty decently powerful. Bear in mind, that's comparing Roll's buster to what I would assume would be the buster in 7 or so. That buster is way nicer than the one Rockman had in 1. So that basically says that Roll's buster is stronger than her broom when she wields it.

Of course, this is all pieced together theories & hints. Like I said, the classic series isn't serious enough to make things like that a big deal.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Look, if you stop being an ass and making cheap puns with my name, I'll stop hating her.

Stop making a big deal out of something that's not and get back on topic already.

Tcatomon

Role;62412 said:

At least it's not a vacuum! Remember that? :lol:

Pluvius

Role;62419 said:
Look, if you stop being an ass and making cheap puns with my name, I'll stop hating her.

Stop making a big deal out of something that's not and get back on topic already.
You're the one that freaks the fuck out at Roll.EXE, then calls her Roll, & after that proceeds to be offended people can't read your mind. You brought us off-topic.

Pluvius;62407 said:
My Wii looks fine on HD. Are you using the right wire & setting?

Yeah I bought a Wii HD component cable of amazon and I changed all the internal settings to the max resolution (EDTV/HDTV 480p, which isn't really HD standard :/). So I took a look on some nintendo forums and I was told that it is a common problem :(

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pluv, drop it, please. It's getting old now.

Anywho, any new developments on 9?

Pluvius

Role;62482 said:
Anywho, any new developments on 9?
splashsprite_revealed.PNG

This