Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Saito Rockman

Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

I'm surprised there's no thread about this...

Anyway, a few days ago, the game "MegaMan 9" was registered in the "Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification" (there isn't a lot of info there, just that it's a multiplatform game and that it's going to be published (in Australia) by "Red Ant Enterprises" (who is Capcom's "digital" distributor in Australia)).
*An interesting point is the fact that the OFLC has never in it's history listed a "rumored" game.

--> TheShadow:
TheShadow claims to be a beta tester at Capcom USA, he seems to be a reliable source since he's talked about MM9 way before it was registered in that Australian website. Here's what TheShadow has said about MM9:
-Rockman 9 will feature a retro 8-bit art style, a homage to the earlier games.
-Two playable characters: Rockman and Blues (ProtoMan). Each has their own unique storylines.
- A popular belief is that RM9 will act as the 'link' to the events of the X Series. This is not so, The storyline DOES NOT lead into the X Series, rather it's a 'traditional' plot.
-Many new characters, new Robot Masters and maybe some new supporting characters.
-Gameplay is reminiscent of Rockman 3-6.
-Online components: Leader boards and some unknown form of online play
-RM9 will be on all major home consoles: Wii, X360 and PS3. X360 and PS3 users will be able to purchase the game from their respective download services. It's unknown how the Wii version will work, whether it will be a downloaded game or not.
- He's also talked a bit about the plot, saying: "Robots have expiring dates."

--> Rumors:
These are some rumors that've been spread through some Japanese imageboards (2chan?):
- Two of the robot boss are "BlazeMan" and "WarpMan".
- You can enable secret character by completing game with start characters, there are three, one of them is Forte (Bass).
- Rockman can get new charge and armor upgrades (it's not explained completely so it might just be something like RM8).
- Blues can wall jump and use his shield (again not fully explained, maybe the wall jump is only one jump (like Power Battle/Fighters) or it could be like the X series).
- After defeating the eight Robot Masters, you may face against eight old Robot Masters, one from each Rockman game. Two are GutsMan and AirMan (this is my favourite rumor, I really hope it's true, I'd love to see some of my favourite Robot Masters (like ShadowMan, SkullMan, YamatoMan, etc), I just wished FireMan would have represented MM1... still, it's only a rumor...)

Sources: Rockman PM & Protodude's Rockman Corner

Pluvius

Guts Man is likely the chosen RM for Rockman 1 because of Gutsman's Ass, like Vixy said over on RPM.

3 playable characters? Forte is awesome, as always. Roll, maybe? A return of Duo? An altogether new character? There seem to be quite a few possibilities, & it looks like someone is going to disappointed at the same time.

Saito Rockman

Pluvius;59484 said:
Guts Man is likely the chosen RM for Rockman 1 because of Gutsman's Ass, like Vixy said over on RPM.

Maybe but Gutsman's ass seems to be popular only among the western fans and you know how Capcom cares only about Japan... >_>
Still, Capcom sure loves Gutsman... Guts Tank, RM7-Gutsman, couldn't they show some love for someone else? (Like Cutman in RM8-Saturn :p)

I hope Duo is one of those secret characters! But if there are only 3 secret characters, then that would only leave another one, a new character perhaps?

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Saito Rockman;59478 said:
I'm surprised there's no thread about this...

That's because we started one in here.. kinda sorta:
http://forums.dats.us/showthread.php?t=5007&page=13

Personally I wouldn't believe ANYTHING on 2chan... and I doubt any of these are anything more than just rumors. E3 is next month, though...

Saito Rockman;59489 said:
Maybe but Gutsman's ass seems to be popular only among the western fans and you know how Capcom cares only about Japan... >_>

Someone say... "Gutsman's ass"? http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z8IiJk4Imds&feature=related :p

Saito Rockman

Tcatomon;59495 said:
That's because we started one in here.. kinda sorta:
http://forums.dats.us/showthread.php?t=5007&page=13
Ups... I thought that was only about ZX! ^^'

Tcatomon;59495 said:
Personally I wouldn't believe ANYTHING on 2chan... and I doubt any of these are anything more than just rumors. E3 is next month, though...

Well, 4chan, for example, did have leaks about MGS4 before everyone.
And...
*An interesting point is the fact that the OFLC has never in it's history listed a "rumored" game.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Saito Rockman;59499 said:
Ups... I thought that was only about ZX! ^^'

Well, 4chan, for example, did have leaks about MGS4 before everyone.
And...

NO, it was started as a Robotics timeline info thread. I didn't think they'd be revisiting any other games, though.

Tcatomon

It just wasn't yammering on about EXE/Ryuusei, so it was fair game for Robot/Reploid/Cyber Elf/Model non-sense :D

Pluvius

Capcom might only care about Japan, but Inafune is a different matter.

Still, Capcom sure loves Gutsman... Guts Tank, RM7-Gutsman, couldn't they show some love for someone else? (Like Cutman in RM8-Saturn :p)
They could cheat & add both. Nothing says each game is only going to get 1 RM besides rumors right now. The earlier games have the more famous ones, that's no secret.

I hope Duo is one of those secret characters! But if there are only 3 secret characters, then that would only leave another one, a new character perhaps?
I hope it's Roll. She's adorable. I love her. She draws in a different audience, & thus a bigger total audience. She was playable in Rockman Rockman & Rockboard. The reasons for her to have a spot are near endless.

Tcatomon;59495 said:
Anyway, a few days ago, the game "MegaMan 9" was registered in the "Australian Office of Film and Literature Classification" (there isn't a lot of info there, just that it's a multiplatform game and that it's going to be published (in Australia) by "Red Ant Enterprises" (who is Capcom's "digital" distributor in Australia)).
This is fact, not rumor.

Tcatomon;59495 said:
I call your Gutsman's Ass & raise you Okusenman.

What are everyone's thoughts on adapters? I like what HokutoNoBen said in a topic similar to this over on RPM. He suggested that each playable character have their own animal, & that each have a wider array of abilities. So, Rockman would have Rush, Blues could have Beat, Forte would naturally have Gospel, & Roll could have Tango. This, however, leaves the last character unassigned, & it also leaves Reggae without a partner.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Tcatomon;59495 said:

EDIT: Wrong movie. Oops...

Anyway, Gutsman's Ass made me cry with mirth.

"urutoraman sebun"? I have no idea what Ultraman is, nor do I have any background information. (It seems to be something called "ultraman 7".)

(Anyway, "okusenman" means something along the lines of "hundred-million thousand myriad". WTF?

Ah, it's 110 million. "senman" becomes 10 million, I forgot that.)

Anyway, Okkusenman is only the name of the song. It's not actually a boss (Robot Master), so far as I can tell. I LIKE IT AND I'M NOT EVEN AN OTAKU! But I just like it for the song. It does have something to do with Ultraman.

Pluvius

Ultraman is a tokasatsu. Its only purpose on that song is as something the singer remembers from his childhood, along with Rockman 2.

The song, of course, is wonderful, as it's Dr. Wily Stage 1 & 2 from Rockman 2 with lyrics

If you liked Okusenman, you can check out Air Man ga Taosenai (Air Man Can't be Defeated), which is about needing Item 2 from Air Man to make it through Heat Man's stage, needing Leaf Shield from Wood Man to beat Air Man, & needing lots of E Tanks to beat Wood Man. :D

I'm a fan of all the 2ch Rockman videos. There's also this one. I don't know the translated title of it, or the theme, besides scary Eddie. >.<

Edit:
Watch this too. Not from 2ch, I think, but awesome regardless.

Back onto Mega Man 9 discussion! xD

Saito Rockman

Role;59511 said:
NO, it was started as a Robotics timeline info thread. I didn't think they'd be revisiting any other games, though.
Ok-ok, still, the topic title is misleading. :p

Pluvius;59779 said:
What are everyone's thoughts on adapters? I like what HokutoNoBen said in a topic similar to this over on RPM. He suggested that each playable character have their own animal, & that each have a wider array of abilities. So, Rockman would have Rush, Blues could have Beat, Forte would naturally have Gospel, & Roll could have Tango. This, however, leaves the last character unassigned, & it also leaves Reggae without a partner.
I'm not a fan of that idea, I don't really want to have too many of these support characters, I'd be happier with just Rush & Gospel (I do like the idea of having some adapters like RM6, though, just not for everyone (only Rock/Forte)).
Reggae? I hope it stays far away from RM9! XD

By the way, there's a new tidbit from TheShadow: "The practice of "recycling" robots is another major story factor." (Could it have something to do with the rumors of returning Robot Masters?)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Saito Rockman;59820 said:
Ok-ok, still, the topic title is misleading. :p

I know... someone needs to change it, but we can't edit topic titles that we start, so... If I could get someone with the ability to do it to change the topic title to "Robotics Timeline News" that would be awesome...

Saito Rockman said:
By the way, there's a new tidbit from TheShadow: "The practice of "recycling" robots is another major story factor." (Could it have something to do with the rumors of returning Robot Masters?)
...Why does this make me think of Junkman? XD

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Role;59870 said:
...Why does this make me think of Junkman? XD

Because Junkman recycles stuff? I dunno...

Anyway, also related to the point, if the world could recycle its resources as well as Capcom recycles its characters, its garbage problem would be 99% over. XD

Pluvius

I think CoA developing it is a great thing, because then they'll actually look at all sales of the game to decide if a sequel should be made, rather than just Japan's.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
i think that if Coa is producing it and not CoJ is a baad thing. first off that might mean that the creator himself as little to do with this.

also i doubt about the 8-bit graphics. they might use the ones from 7 and 8 but 8-bit i cant see happening.

to the person who said something about tango. tango was only in the gb games and not in the main plotline. a cannon character but i doubt he will be usable unless he is used like beat was in 7 or was it 8 were he saves you from a trap.

also if i dont trust this theshadow guy he olny claims to be a beta tester. hell i can claim i was a beta tester for hal on playing the next kirby game.

"he storyline DOES NOT lead into the X Series, rather it's a 'traditional' plot." that is stupid it . it should lead up to zero awakening in like a ending video. and and through out the game so story on the development of X should be there.

having Blues wouyld be nice but he should only have one life like Zero in one of the X3(i think this is the one) where if he dies you can have his shield but if while he is living he is really strong.

Tcatomon

*points above* Basically I'd have to agree with you to an extent.. out sourcing could prove to be interesting on either side of the scale. IE: Poop that is Sonic Spinball. >.> On the other hand I've been proven wrong before (I'm pretty hyped Bioware is handling the Sonic RPG). But, as far as I'm concerned NOTHING becomes "official" until E3 and Capcom announces it... I don't care what genre it is.
As for not tying into the X series.. so what? We all know the basic story of what happens. Capcom's not handing us the Elf Wars saga either and we know enough about it from playing the Zero games to know what happened. Technically none of the series "tie in" whole heartedly. Zero and ZX would probably be the closest and even then it leaves things up in the open. All the series (Classic, X, Zero, ZX) are still left open with "So, what happened next with everyone!?" I don't expect this to be any different.

And to be perfectly blunt the supposed "screen shot" is an obvious "wtf". For ONE thing.. why would Capcom crank out games like MM7, X8, Power Up, and ZX then suddenly decide "hey we're going back to crappy 8-bit"? I'd think they would put in a little more time and effort, personally. ...Though I have to admit.. kudos to the creator of it.. Chimera boss = win! :D

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...How would you NOT know that's a fake? The quality is horrible, even for oldschool rockman games! This is going to be NEWSCHOOL, meaning they'll be using better technology. There's no way they're gonna put out crap like that.

Tcato... I'll have to disagree with you on the chimera boss. Yeah, great idea, but... It looked rather unimpressive... They could have done a better job, even with the 16 bit graphics.

Also... why are we talking about this here again? Oh, right... Nobody changed the name of my Robotics Timeline discussion thread yet...

/me glares at the people who can do it, yet haven't...

Anywho, the ZX timeline thing was only named that because I don't have the gift of future sight, and assumed they'd just keep making ZX games for the Robotics Timeline... It's supposed to encompass it all, though.

RamenRanger

Red Ramen Ranger
Tcatomon;60594 said:
As for not tying into the X series.. so what?
tsk tsk tsk how naive. its not a so what what. its a big deal. a lot of people want it to lead to the x seies

also if you think of it this way 9 leads to the X series right. X being 10 in roman numerals . meaning X is the Next event in order and so on. it would be a funny play on the tittles of the games and yet make since.

i will agree with you that unless i get an official word from e3 or capcom them self this game is all speculation.

if they did make a Rockman 9 i could see them doing a set up like megaman powered up but not the chibi look.

what would be nice if it does connect that they them make a X9 to connect it with zero and another Zero game to ZX

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
RamenRanger;60611 said:
what would be nice if it does connect that they them make a X9 to connect it with zero and another Zero game to ZX

Another Zero game? HOW? Zero died in 4! As in, yes, he's got nine lives, right? Okay, so Ragnarok goes boom. He loses #9. Great. Now he's losing lives 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1 in reentry. He then loses the final one, life 0, upon impact with the ground. Game over. HE'S AS DEAD AS IT GETS! I don't see how you can make another Zero game after that!