Digimon Savers

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Yoshi is only a "pet name" not her official dub name that is Yoshino.
Don't be so quick to bash the dub as it hasn't even come out yet.
I simply don't like Ikuto's dub name, no major complaints about the other stuff

Devkyu

Wha...?
I don't see why they have the urge to change names at all! Anime is so mainstream now, it's not like any soccer moms would be beating down their doors for filling their little children's head with "satanistic jap crap". Hell, they kept more names in the Digimon Adventure when anime was like "huh? what's anime?"

I also noticed that no name now has more than two syllables. Is more than two so hard for american brains to process that it would cause little kids heads to explode and make them cry and scream and ruin their lives? Really, is it necessary to dumb everything down this much?

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I can tolerate the "Yoshino" to "Yoshi" thing...besides, it's just a nickname, sorta like, Taichi "Tai" Kamiya (Yagami) or Takeru "TK" Takaishi. It is funny how Adventure seemed to keep more original names and give the kids nicknames compared to the other series.

I agree with Devkyu, though. Kids aren't stupid. Americans aren't either, so I don't understand the necessity for name changes. Some do seem kind of off, like Ikuto => Keenan. Seriously, where in the world did that come from. ><;

Out of curiosity, how come some places keep original stuff (names, bgm, openings, endings), but the US (when it comes to these types of shows), doesn't?

Puma

Official Guilmon Hugger
Okay ready? Remember you heard it hear first, ten minutes before they all start posting it on a thousand other websites. I can already hear the dub bashers now... "This name is the worst! It proves Nimoy is going to ruin Savers like he did the first two seasons!" Lol. Whatever, it is what it is, and it's not changing (and I happen to like it), so here's the big news you've been waiting for.

Ikuto's English dub name is Keenan Crier, the son of Kevin and Michelle Crier. Brianne Brozey (formally Brianne Siddall) is playing him, and Mona Marshall is playing Frigimon, his adopted Digimon mother.

Let the Nimoy bashing begin. At least I have some love and support here at The Jeff Nimoy Experience, which is why I will always announce news here first.

-dies-

Oh my god... Keenan?? I think I'm gonna puke... That is the most random, totally stupid name I've ever heard. No offense to those who like it...

Ikuto just doesn't seem like a Keenan to me. I didn't even know that that was a name...

Next thing we know, Gaomon'll become "Puppymon" or something... (No, just kidding)

goc

So does that mean it's xenophobia or worrying about kids being stupid when american shows are changed in japan?

sometimes a change is just a change

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
Next thing we know, Gaomon'll become "Puppymon" or something... (No, just kidding)

lol

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Belphemon got a [slight] name change. Two other Demon Lords that appeared in the other series got one (Daemon & Beelzemon).

zomg its Belfemon D=. All the littles so won't tell that it came from Belphegor like Daemon & Beelzemon came from Demon and Beelzebub.

Puma

Official Guilmon Hugger
lol

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't be surprised if Belphemon got a [slight] name change. Two other Demon Lords that appeared in the other series got one (Daemon & Beelzemon).

zomg its Belfemon D=. All the littles so won't tell that it came from Belphegor like Daemon & Beelzemon came from Demon and Beelzebub.

I just realized, but Belphemon sounds kinda like Belchmon... Hopefully, the dub won't be quite that retarded.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
well the Seven Great Demon Lords is now > Seven Demon Kings
yes they kept Demon so we will see.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Atleast better than 7 Wicked Digimon like originally planned. But knowing Bandai Americ and the Dub, that might change aswell. Just like making Panjamon suddenly IceLeomon. With the former being his Dubname for Years.

Ha, I remember that exact converstion over at WTW, but with GOC having the Powers and with me as a normal Member:
goc;8470 said:
So does that mean it's xenophobia or worrying about kids being stupid when american shows are changed in japan?

More like Japan´s revenge. While I´m not fond of most of those changes, they are USUALLY not as dramatic as the ones done by the US. And not as common.

goc;8470 said:
sometimes a change is just a change

And completely unneccesary ALL the time.

Ideal Situation would be no Changes at all !

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Some more actors n dub names from WtW

Gotsumon is Michael Lindsay
Mercurimon has been renamed Merukimon and is played by Richard Epcar
SaberLeomon is Paul St. Peter

I'm pleased Epcar has a role, i wonder which voice he'll use, though i can't say i'm happy about the rename.

Cael

When Mercurimon was said, Jeff corrected and said:

I think you mean Mecurimon, which has been changed recently to Merukimon

A mispelling got a letter switch? wow...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
They should have renamed him Mercuriusmon if they wanted to avoid confusion with the Frontier Hybrid.

Merukimon actually sounds like a Kid saying his name wrong.

Cael

MugenSeiRyuu;8523 said:
They should have renamed him Mercuriusmon if they wanted to avoid confusion with the Frontier Hybrid.

Merukimon actually sounds like a Kid saying his name wrong.

IMO, it shouldn't have been so serious. Like you said they should have added the -us or taken off some letters. It would have kept the real meaning.

Does Meruki actually mean anything? That's why I want to know why they decided on that besides the fact of it causing confusion with the Frontier Hybrid. They could have given him a new name that actually meant something if it was so serious. I'm think they just pulled it out of their asses which I don't think is completely fair.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
If you guys are going to be complaining/bashing the dub even before you hear it, then don't even bother watching it all all. Seriously, all you dub bashers need to get a life...go cling to your pathetic precious subs because some of us here on DATS would actually like to see it dubbed. I always trusted Digimon dubs...they're a hell of alot better voice acting than most other dubs that "stick to the original" ....the other DVD animes sound like zombies...at least these ppl put feeling in their acting.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Definately.
There are places where the Dubs are close to the Original AND have great Voice Acting.

Oh and Kazemon15, those "pathetic Subs" are released by DATS. So watch your words.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Kazemon15;8537 said:
If you guys are going to be complaining/bashing the dub even before you hear it, then don't even bother watching it all all. Seriously, all you dub bashers need to get a life...go cling to your pathetic precious subs because some of us here on DATS would actually like to see it dubbed. I always trusted Digimon dubs...they're a hell of alot better voice acting than most other dubs that "stick to the original" ....the other DVD animes sound like zombies...at least these ppl put feeling in their acting.

The thing i don't like about Dubs is name changes n cuts. The names can be a load of rubbish but the dub can be decent (ala Frontier). Not all fans can be happy that's true but names should be as close to the original as possible and not needlessly changed.

I enjoy subs for the original content, i like dubs so i can actually understand at the same time as watching.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yes, that´s what we actually complain about, less the names, as rubbish as most of them are, but the cuts and edits. Especially Edits done to the storyline or a person´s history. Like the Inclusion of non-existing family members, or making a person allergic to everything.

But unfortunately Name changes are usually the first sign of Edits like that. And a name like Merukimon does not make sense afterall.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
MugenSeiRyuu;8588 said:
Definately.
There are places where the Dubs are close to the Original AND have great Voice Acting.

Oh and Kazemon15, those "pathetic Subs" are released by DATS. So watch your words.

But most DVDs are horrible....and also...anything to be shown on TV, it's common sense to know that things will be cut. Even movies are cut to shorten the time, not just because of violent references. Which is why when they annouce TV, I don't get my hopes up of them staying to original names because all shows shown on Disney Channel or any other channel are cut and changed, but still try to stay close to the original as much as possible. Be happy that the producers of Digimon actually mention that they live in Japan, unlike some cuts where they just make up a random town to try and denouce anything Japanese (Tomodae = Reedington, anyone? Tokyo Tower = Radio Tower???)

It could be worst...they could say "I'm Marcus and I live in Rome! There's nothing Japanese about me at all! Forget all the Asian signs you see on the streets, those aren't Japanese!" Beggers can't be choosers...at least they still keeping it Digimon, Digimon = everyone knows it involves violence/in Japan.

And I meant no harm to the DATS team...it's just there are some ppl who think that subs are the ONE AND ONLY thing in the Universe which is "RIGHT", bashing those who actually have DEGREES in translations, saying "No, they're wrong, fan-subs are the ONLY RIGHT ONES." Which is why I say pathetic subs in general because of those kind of people....which sound very much like you all now.