Digimon Savers

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Dylan and Sunmon;1915 said:
(not to be mean but this digimon bored is not very popular i always see the same people talking)

Actually, I kinda like that.

This is only a so-so example, but look at the Revenge of Diaboromon's (Movie 4) dub. It was written by Nimoy, but it was great! It has silly edits, but that had nothing to do with Nimoy, and they were relatively understandable. The characters were written as if they were written when Season 2 was still on air (well, new). Plus, it had it's lame jokes, but I LIKE those lame jokes, and they were not as abundant as in a usual episode.

Again, It's not the greatest example, but if Data Squad is dubbed as well as the movies, then I have no worries.

Dylan and Sunmon

Hagaren Gao;1921 said:
Actually, I kinda like that.

This is only a so-so example, but look at the Revenge of Diaboromon's (Movie 4) dub. It was written by Nimoy, but it was great! It has silly edits, but that had nothing to do with Nimoy, and they were relatively understandable. The characters were written as if they were written when Season 2 was still on air (well, new). Plus, it had it's lame jokes, but I LIKE those lame jokes, and they were not as abundant as in a usual episode.

Again, It's not the greatest example, but if Data Squad is dubbed as well as the movies, then I have no worries.
ya if it is like the movie that would be cool

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Dylan and Sunmon;1915 said:
(not to be mean but this digimon bored is not very popular i always see the same people talking)
I think directors of Digimon are some of the best. Especially their picking on voice actors as well..
I think the Digimon voice actors are some of the best there are..ever since Digimon, I've been seeing alot of their names pop up in famous titles, such as X the TV series, Mona Marshall, Wendee Lee, Steve Stanley/Cannon, Crispin Freeman (who's popular already anyway) were all in it. And that's a pretty popular anime series.

As well as Scrapped Princess, games like Star Ocean, animes like Kyo Kara Maoh, Chobits, Angelic Layer, and such...it just proves that they are very good voice actors and I'm honored for them to do the time to work on a show that isnt very popular. It goes to show just how much they loved their older Digimon work. ^^

And also, even Wendee Lee voiced in the original voice casting for Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, I was surprised to see her name there!

gerjomarty

<b>Quality Check</b><br>Resident Gatomon Fanboy
If Data Squad is dubbed as well as the previously undubbed movies then we'll be laughing.

Honestly, this looks like one of the best line-ups for a dubbed Digimon series yet. We've got Jeff Nimoy back directing, who knows the history of Digimon better than anyone, and therefore he's in the best position to balance the needs and wants of the hardcore fans, casual viewers and network execs.

All of the voice talent I've heard sound like they'll do a fantastic job. Name changes are simply cosmetic and as long as the personalities of the characters aren't changed too much, then we should be happy.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Honestly I´m not expecting to much. Nimoy may have a experienc working with Digimon Anime, but changing most of the names is already a bad sign.

GordoBaggins

MugenSeiRyuu;2284 said:
Honestly I´m not expecting to much. Nimoy may have a experienc working with Digimon Anime, but changing most of the names is already a bad sign.

For some reason I feel like you and your "roommate" Bastemon from DDF are the same person... but that's off topic.

I've actually got high expectations for this series. The voice cast is great (Nimoy picking his best friend Quinton for the lead role is natural, though :p) and the name changes actually make sense. Some people can't seem to understand that Yoshi is a common unisex name in Japan, though, not just a green Nintendo dinosaur.

Apparently Marcus = warlike in Latin or something, so that makes sense for Masaru. Sampson (Satsuma) reminds me of Brock Sampson from the Venture Brothers, and they're both macho-like in their own ways :p Thomas is a good alternative for the stranger name Tohma, and I'm sure kids will be able to remember that name much easier. Heck, I could imagine kids mistakingly calling him Thomas anyway, if his name were Tohma in the dub.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
GordoBaggins;2288 said:
For some reason I feel like you and your "roommate" Bastemon from DDF are the same person... but that's off topic.

No, she just knows that I usually predict bad things, which tend to happen then.
She also made the same experiences regarding stuff like that.

Akira

People
GordoBaggins;2288 said:
Thomas is a good alternative for the stranger name Tohma, and I'm sure kids will be able to remember that name much easier. Heck, I could imagine kids mistakingly calling him Thomas anyway, if his name were Tohma in the dub.

Thats strange, I actually find Thomas a very hard name to say, unless you have a surname with it. I know a few people called Thomas and I can only say Thomas [Surname] or just refer to them as Tom, otherwise it just sounds wierd.

Plus is Thomas an Austrian name? I think that's where Touma comes from and pretty sure they named him something from there, like Franz or Relena, but I'm no expert on names so it could just be what his Japanese mother called him.

I have seen some people already calling them by dub names yet I cannot do that, they just don't fit into the characters. Maybe if I see the dub it might fit, but I have my reserves.

On a side note if they change Yoshino's catch phrase I might get annoyed, but depends what to.

GordoBaggins

Akira;2371 said:
Thats strange, I actually find Thomas a very hard name to say, unless you have a surname with it. I know a few people called Thomas and I can only say Thomas [Surname] or just refer to them as Tom, otherwise it just sounds wierd.

Plus is Thomas an Austrian name? I think that's where Touma comes from and pretty sure they named him something from there, like Franz or Relena, but I'm no expert on names so it could just be what his Japanese mother called him.

I have seen some people already calling them by dub names yet I cannot do that, they just don't fit into the characters. Maybe if I see the dub it might fit, but I have my reserves.

On a side note if they change Yoshino's catch phrase I might get annoyed, but depends what to.

Actually, I meant memory more than pronunciation with Touma -> Thomas. Thomas is a much more familiar name in the West than Touma. Yeah, Touma is Austrian, but I'm not sure if Thomas is as well.

If they make Yoshi's catchphrase something remotely close to "This is the worst", like "This is annoying", then I'd be fine with it. If they replace it with a silly joke most of the time, though, RAWR.

A bit off topic, but has anyone seen the DW Data Squad gameplay video (YouTube) besides me? If these are what the characters will sound like in the show, I'm pleased. Rosemon and Marcus sound perfect, as does MachGaogamon. But I'm not sure about RiseGreymon's there...

amigobro2

Hey guess what I found! The voice for Gaomon and his evolutions is Skip Stellrecht (Might Guy/Itachi Uchiha from Naruto, Vicious from Cowboy Bebop).

Proof

PS - I put this in the Digmon World Data Squad thread earlier, but I thought it would be better in this thread...

What about DVD 16... 17... 18? I'm sure there is enough possibilities for Yoshino and Rosemon to be on a cover -_-

I want them to get attention as much as the next fan, but don't jump to conclusions, especially with the multiple possibilities in the future. Unless you know something I don't know, other than the usual exclusion. They have been featured on the covers as much as the others, anyway.

Touche. I didn't know that xD Sorry.

Then again, the last one should be some sort of group shot or something. I think Yoshino will be included, not just primarily her.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
She still deserves better.

Next one probaby has the Royal Knights or Yggdrasil on it. Last one Agumon "Burst Mode"

BTW: Seems like Ikuto´s Dub Name will be Crier and Gaomon won´t be voiced by Skip Stellrecht in the Game.

veemontamer

I tame V-mons 4 a living
MugenSeiRyuu;5705 said:
Followed by the Shota and the Raven !
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/31uztx0nDgL._SS500_.jpg

The Big Problem and the Lizard Burst Mode !
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TiaaO9PYL._SS500_.jpg

And the Tonma and his Dog Gaohunter Wannabe Mode !
http://g-ec2.images-amazon.com/images/I/51BrXg79tbL._SS500_.jpg

I´m ofcourse not surprised that those Bastards left Yoshino and Rosemon out !

Wow thanks for the DVD cover pics.
I'm not too surprised that yoshino ain't get her own cover (tho i did enjoy her vol. 3 cover) but i could really care less seeing how TOUMA and GAOMON got their own cover i'm pretty much satisfied :). but massaru's is lookin pretty good, but of course their gonna make his look the best :( after all it did seem like the massaru and agumon show at times. but never the less i still loved savers to death.