Digimon Savers

celestial_sacred

@@ Dumb-struck.

BWAHAHA! UNCLE SAHARA Daimon!! >_> Ikuto is Crier..? CRYer? Ikuto's such a nice name! I already had a shock when they changed Masaru's to Marcus and Yoshino's to a short boy-like name, Yoshi. Oh goodness... What will happen next... . . ? Hope it's just some stupid news drifting around. Can't believe it said "explore America". Nuts. If Marcus and Agumon really went exploring America, Marcus wouldn't be wearing the same clothes, unless he is moneyless. But what reason there is to explore America? To widen his turf? XD

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
I'm not getting into the whole "Yoshi" thing again, since it's already been established that Yoshi is a standard nickname for people with Yoshi in their names. And besides, Nimoy said her name was still going to be Yoshino.
Yoshi is just a nickname.
Be glad she wasn't renamed Miranda or Sally.

Though... I can Sayuri getting a last minute name change to Sally.
Kristy and Sally. Wouldn't be too shocking.

Crier, is a wordplay pun on hawker/falconer.
A rather deeply thought pun, but none the less, it's better than naming him "Ike" or something.

And Marcus and Thomas aren't so bad. We all knew Thomas was coming.
We all speculated it would happen before Nimoy's announcement.
I fail to see why adding an "S" and swapping the letters "H" and "O" is such a big deal.

Marcus means warlike, which defines Masaru pretty well.

I guess ToMaTo fans kinda got screwed though.

ThoMaTho? Doesn't work at all.

But moving on...

The issue is, that for some reason, someone on Wiki decided to rename Suguru, Sahara and call him "Uncle" at that.
And Marcus has apparently gone to explore America.

IF this is the case, and it's a pretty big "IF", then what does that mean for the closing down of the Digital Dive?
Did Marcus somehow find a DigiPort and go to the US and then manage to come across Goblimon and Shamanmon while in the US?

[sigh] Uncle Sahara... Seriously...

And Mugen. I already tried to change the info I quote to make it true, and as I said - Within minutes, it was back to the info I quoted in the OP.

Edit:
I just checked it again, and it's back at how I left it when I edited it...

Elecmon

According to Wiki, his name is no longer Sahara it's Spencer Daimon.

EDIT: Just read the last edit.^

celestial_sacred

Takayu Syaoran;7546 said:
I'm not getting into the whole "Yoshi" thing again, since it's already been established that Yoshi is a standard nickname for people with Yoshi in their names. And besides, Nimoy said her name was still going to be Yoshino.
Yoshi is just a nickname.
Be glad she wasn't renamed Miranda or Sally.

I forgot to mention that.. I know her name's still Yoshino but what is there a nickname for? Yoshi sounds like a boy! >_> But ya. Thank goodness no creepy weird name for Yoshino. Or MugenSeiRyuu will go berserk. XD

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I already complained a lot about Yoshi. And as for that anme already sounding like a Boy..did you see that Video of her Soul Charge in the US Version of Another Mission ?

As for me going bersek ? Yes ! I´ll split into my three super deadly forms: Mugen, the Elasmosaur ; Sei, the Quetzalcoatlus and Ryuu, the Giganotosaur !:D

Mhmm, Spencer Damon. Bud Spencer comes to my mind.

amigobro2

*Sigh* -_-;
OK, I have just have to say this cause I'm really tired of people saying that "Yoshi" is JUST a guy's name and that it sounds like a guy/boy's name, and that it's a bad dub name!!!

YOSHI IS A UNISEX NAME!!!
http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=4177
http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm
http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/pg2/Japanese-names.asp
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/babynames/l/blnamesgy.htm

Yoshi to Yoshino, is as Alex to Alexandra, is as Sam to Samantha, is as Ash to Ashley, etc. There are more examples, like one would be a character named Spencer (who IS a girl) from South of Nowhere, there was even another female anime character with the name "Yoshi", and that was her original, UNDUBBED, Japanese name, given to her by Japanese animators that know A LOT more about any Japanese name than any of us here! I can't remember which anime, but I'll be looking for it again for sure to show how pointless it is to even be thinking about complaining about this.

Moreso, there are even UNISEX names like Stéphane, Dakota, Stacey, Addison, Shannon, Sailor, Macey, Angel, Ashley, Maddison, Gabriel, Andy, Gene, Bee, Tracey/Tracy, Paige, Darcey, Paris, I could go on and on! Just research for more names and look around those sites I gave you, and even other sites, for some even more "crazy", as some would call it, names for both, or even one gender! But the point is, there are A LOT more names out there that sound like they're more for one gender, but in reality they're not, and they can be used for both or the opposite gender you would be thinking a certain name would be for!

Yoshi is a really GREAT nickname for Yoshino! And more importantly you have to THINK, she would be the only main character, in this season, to for one keep her original Japanese name, and two have a nickname that is STILL Japanese and that is a very common female Japanese name! It's actually the BEST dub name in Digimon so far in my opinion!

So there should be no reason to complain like little, spoiled cry babies! :(

And as for the voice in the American version of AM, it was just a preview of a game, that does not mean she'll sound EXACTLY like that in the dub of the show! And even if she did, it shows that she's a very STRONG female character! I know A LOT of strong women who sound like that who have a lot of confidence in themselves, and who are still very girly, but are very tough, sometimes even tougher than guys!!! My mom is one of those women, and most of my female friends, and Yoshi is one of them too!!! You would want her to sound weak, or like dub Mimi, would you!?

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
OFCOURSE NOT !

But talking about strong women, I know a few and no one has a voice that sounds like a guy´s. Through some of them talk like guys.

Like that one Japanese Girl who specializes in Fox and Ninja Digimon when it comes to raising. She uses the superior male I when referring to herself in Japanese.

My point is that she can still sound strong when she sounds feminine.

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
Spencer Daimon.
I like it.

And as for the confirmation and putting all tensions about "Uncle Sahara" to rest, I thank ye.
I mean, nobody takes Wiki seriously, but when you see "Marcus went to explore America", you can't help but question it.

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
digiboy123;7624 said:
Actually, AFAWK, it's Spencer Damon. o:

Bah. I'm just too used to typing Daimon.
But, I suppose if I think "Matt Damon", I'll remember to leave out the "I" xD

Either way, Daimon, Damon, I figured that would happen.
Daimon probably sounded too much like Die Mon, so I can deal with Damon.

The good news is, Spencer is not Sahara.

Puma

Official Guilmon Hugger
Just to qualify with everyone, Ikuto's name, apparently, is NOT Crier. Well, it is... but according to Wikipedia, that's his last name. Ikuto's staying as his first.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
We already know that Crier is his Family Name.

His first name is not decided yet. Wikipedia as always is not a reliable source !

celestial_sacred

amigobro2;7607 said:
*Sigh* -_-;
OK, I have just have to say this cause I'm really tired of people saying that "Yoshi" is JUST a guy's name and that it sounds like a guy/boy's name, and that it's a bad dub name!!!

YOSHI IS A UNISEX NAME!!!
http://www.babynames.com/Names/name_display.php?id=4177
http://www.20000-names.com/female_japanese_names.htm
http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/pg2/Japanese-names.asp
http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/babynames/l/blnamesgy.htm

Yoshi to Yoshino, is as Alex to Alexandra, is as Sam to Samantha, is as Ash to Ashley, etc. There are more examples, like one would be a character named Spencer (who IS a girl) from South of Nowhere, there was even another female anime character with the name "Yoshi", and that was her original, UNDUBBED, Japanese name, given to her by Japanese animators that know A LOT more about any Japanese name than any of us here! I can't remember which anime, but I'll be looking for it again for sure to show how pointless it is to even be thinking about complaining about this.

Moreso, there are even UNISEX names like Stéphane, Dakota, Stacey, Addison, Shannon, Sailor, Macey, Angel, Ashley, Maddison, Gabriel, Andy, Gene, Bee, Tracey/Tracy, Paige, Darcey, Paris, I could go on and on! Just research for more names and look around those sites I gave you, and even other sites, for some even more "crazy", as some would call it, names for both, or even one gender! But the point is, there are A LOT more names out there that sound like they're more for one gender, but in reality they're not, and they can be used for both or the opposite gender you would be thinking a certain name would be for!

Yoshi is a really GREAT nickname for Yoshino! And more importantly you have to THINK, she would be the only main character, in this season, to for one keep her original Japanese name, and two have a nickname that is STILL Japanese and that is a very common female Japanese name! It's actually the BEST dub name in Digimon so far in my opinion!

So there should be no reason to complain like little, spoiled cry babies! :(

And as for the voice in the American version of AM, it was just a preview of a game, that does not mean she'll sound EXACTLY like that in the dub of the show! And even if she did, it shows that she's a very STRONG female character! I know A LOT of strong women who sound like that who have a lot of confidence in themselves, and who are still very girly, but are very tough, sometimes even tougher than guys!!! My mom is one of those women, and most of my female friends, and Yoshi is one of them too!!! You would want her to sound weak, or like dub Mimi, would you!?

>_< Okay okay. I get your point... I was just voicing the majority's opinion... But really. What's so problematic that they have to use a nickname Yoshino? ~_~

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
I never understood why original names can't be kept. I'm sure the voice actors can just learn how to pronounce them correctly anyway, like with other dub shows that keep original names of characters. Seems that changes like this are completely unnecessary.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Wouldn´t it be a perfect world if the Dubbers just kept the names like they are ?
Obviously not in thier Opinion.

But like Nimoy said himself:
Okay ready? Remember you heard it hear first, ten minutes before they all start posting it on a thousand other websites. I can already hear the dub bashers now... "This name is the worst! It proves Nimoy is going to ruin Savers like he did the first two seasons!" Lol. Whatever, it is what it is, and it's not changing (and I happen to like it), so here's the big news you've been waiting for.

Ikuto's English dub name is Keenan Crier, the son of Kevin and Michelle Crier. Brianne Brozey (formally Brianne Siddall) is playing him, and Mona Marshall is playing Frigimon, his adopted Digimon mother.

Let the Nimoy bashing begin. At least I have some love and support here at The Jeff Nimoy Experience, which is why I will always announce news here first.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
I won't lie...I think the name is a bad name for him j[ust like I think it was stupid to take 2 letters off Yoshino's nam].

I can already hear the dub bashers now... "This name is the worst! It proves Nimoy is going to ruin Savers like he did the first two seasons!" Lol. Whatever, it is what it is, and it's not changing (and I happen to like it), so here's the big news you've been waiting for.

I don't see why he likes it....its so random. Just because Ikuto has a k in it he had to pick Keenan? Why did he pick it? People wouldn't bash his decision if he had a better reason of picking it besides liking the name, IMO. Thats the only reason I'd bash it.

Ike >>>>>>>>> Keenan

(He doesn't even look like a Keenan)