Digimon Savers

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
Well this is still the thread that talks about the changes sooooo

Gaomon will not be calling Touma, Master because:

Jeff Nimoy said:
To me, "Master" implies ownership.

He shall be calling Touma, sir.

I wonder if they will be changing Tonma to Tomfool [or removing it all together for the literal meaning or something similar to idiot]. I would die from laughter if they did.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Heck, Touma pretty much owns Gaomon. It´s part of Gaomon´s ( otherwise not very developed ) Personality that he calls Touma Master.

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
Just wanted to warn you guys, i read somewhere there are lots of rumors about Episode titles, but not to trust any sourse BUT Jeff. Hope you dident know that already...

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Veemon93;9828 said:
When will the savers be out in the uk?:confused: I cant wait to see gaomon again :D

There isn't anything to state that it will come to the UK, we may not even get it like Frontier.

Veemon93

..........what?
Vande;9832 said:
There isn't anything to state that it will come to the UK, we may not even get it like Frontier.
Awww just great excluding the uk from one of the best programs ever damit

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
::stomps on Jeff Nimoy's foot:: WHAT?! That's just LAME. So I guess my dog always thinks of me as "sir" when responding to my commands, because we are equals and I do not own her. Gaomon is like a servant, like a samurai in the sense that he is a warrior who is "owned" by a master. That doesn't mean that you still can't be good friends. I'm still friends with my dog even though I'm her master.

For chrissakes, even freakin' Pokemon kept Lucario's use of the word "master" in reference to Aaron and they were still buddies. I understand a lot of the changes Jeff's had to make, but it's not a god damned requirement to get so carried away.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yes, but Pokemon are usually owned by people.

Now post your complaint at the news board of the Digiport and everyone will scream at you.

Gaomon referring to his Master is also a way to show his Love for him.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Yes, but Pokemon also preaches "They're my friends, not my slaves/possessions/etc!"

I was just arguing with my girlfriend about it. She liked the fact that "master" will be changed to "sir", because master implies ownership and digimon and their partners are supposed to be best friends. I told her that being in servitude to someone doesn't stop you from loving them or being close to them in any way. It just makes the nature of your relationship a little different, and that's what's great about the digimon/partner relationships - they're all different.

In the end I told her that she was thinking too much like a westerner. "Master" = slave = POLITICALLY INCORRECT. The Japanese have stories like the 47 Ronin, stories of servants in love with their masters or of people willfully BECOMING servants because they care deeply enough for someone. They understand that servitude doesn't need to weaken bonds.

But pfft. No amount of arguing will change the editor's mind. I guess everyone's favorite characters are all gonna get hit somewhere.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IjFBx53tM68

I blame Disney, not Jeff, for this stupid thing.

Digimon dubs have usually been good....but "DNA" is probably the worst change they have ever did.... "DNA" means "BLOOD" ......which is USUALLY what they're trying to avoid.... oh boy, I can imagine kids running around cutting themselves, saying, I want my digimon to digivolve with my blood!

Cael

I seriously cannot lie and I am not bashing the dub in anyway but "DNA Charge" and Masaru's voice (or who ever's voice that was) is HORRIBLE as hell x949.

Digi-Soul Charge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DNA Charge

How the hell did they get DNA? Is the orange/pink/blue glow their DNA? They aren't fusing, cloning, or creating organic life. I could understand Ivan, Nanami and guy who I forgot saying DNA Charge even though it would still be retarded but come on.

God, if they wanted to change it so bad then they should have just went along and changed it to Data Charge >>;

I wonder if I'll get used to DNA Charge or if I'll crack first and stop watching.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Kay-El;10072 said:
I seriously cannot lie and I am not bashing the dub in anyway but "DNA Charge" and Masaru's voice (or who ever's voice that was) is HORRIBLE as hell x949.

Digi-Soul Charge >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DNA Charge

How the hell did they get DNA? Is the orange/pink/blue glow their DNA? THEY AREN'T FUSING. I could understand Ivan, Nanami and guy who I forgot saying DNA Charge even though it would still be retarded but come on.

It said on one of the comments that Jeff was forced to make the last minute change because Disney or Toei demanded it....which is why I blame them, not Jeff...but I mean...what's so wrong about Digisoul? ....It's like Digivolution....c'mon, Disney...use your brain and think....kids are stupid (no offense) and WILL cut themselves to make their digimon digivolve.... I can imagine some angry parents already...

Seraphimon-T.K.

<b>Scan Editor</b><br>~Holy Warrior~
Hmm...Thats REALLY bad...I hope we will not use that term in our dub *praying*
But i think thats stupid change...They call Digi-soul Charge in the game,why they cant call it this way in the anime..:(

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Kazemon15;10073 said:
....kids are stupid (no offense) and WILL cut themselves to make their digimon digivolve.... I can imagine some angry parents already...

I lol'ed hard.

But seriously, DNA Charge is silly, and is the dumbest thing I have heard about this dub so far. I thought the dub LIKED ading 'Digi' to everything?! Plus they are also using DigiSoul in the game...Do you WANT t confuse people? Some people will think the games were translated bad (like having Masaru in DW DS, but that's understandable). Yeah, I just don't get it at all.

Cael

I don't think Disney cares about the video games since they don't get money out of it.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
"DNA....Charge!!!" That's just as awful sounding as "DNA Digivolve", which still makes me shudder whenever I hear the term and I don't know why I dislike the term so much.

That aside, why in the world did Disney change Digi-Soul Charge to DNA Charge? To be honest, I never understood the necessity to change something already in English to another term when dubbed over.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
SSJ Jup81;10098 said:
To be honest, I never understood the necessity to change something already in English to another term when dubbed over.

Oh GAWD I have wondered that for SO LONG. I'm getting out right sick of it too.

Masaru's voice.. is... *twitch* ... I don't know what it is x.x

GordoBaggins

Tcatomon;10100 said:
Masaru's voice.. is... *twitch* ... I don't know what it is x.x

[chriscrocker]
If you wanna get to Quinton Flynn, you're gonna have to go through ME! *cry*
[/chriscrocker]
But seriously, if you guys are judging a character's voice by two frikkin' words, you're just plain not gonna like the show.

Kazemon15 said:
oh boy, I can imagine kids running around cutting themselves, saying, I want my digimon to digivolve with my blood!

Did you think before posting that? Just wonderin'.

If you can picture that, then you're surrounded by some strange children/parents and you need to move. Not to mention kid's aren't going to try to emulate something that they DIDN'T see in the cartoon.

DNA can mean an abundance of things other than blood, too. But you won't see kids trying to make a Digimon "digivolve" by pulling out their hair or peeing on it... because, you know, that's DNA too, for all intents and purposes. They'll take their damn toy Digivice and do it.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
GordoBaggins;10102 said:
[chriscrocker]
If you wanna get to Quinton Flynn, you're gonna have to go through ME! *cry*
[/chriscrocker]
But seriously, if you guys are judging a character's voice by two frikkin' words, you're just plain not gonna like the show.

If you can picture that, then you're surrounded by some strange children/parents and you need to move. Not to mention kid's aren't going to try to emulate something that they DIDN'T see in the cartoon.

DNA can mean an abundance of things other than blood, too. But you won't see kids trying to make a Digimon "digivolve" by pulling out their hair or peeing on it... because, you know, that's DNA too, for all intents and purposes. They'll take their damn toy Digivice and do it.

Fair point, but it dubs have had run ins with blood and other bodilly fluids before. Some members may know of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX's D-HERO Bloo-D becoming plasma. All a kid has to do is ask their parent's what plasma is and their most likely answer is "It's something in blood". Kinda obvious. I was just thinking about Episode 29 when Banchouleomon (OMG, dub name? LeaderLeomon? KingLeomon? Simbamon?) asked "What is a digisoul?", in dub "what is DNA?" Prof. Thomas Norstein would explain easy enough.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
GordoBaggins;10102 said:
If you're judging a character's vocie by two words, you're already in a mindset that you won't like the show, even though you haven't given it a chance. -_-

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was a total joke, amigo.