Digimon Savers

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Kazemon15;8537 said:
If you guys are going to be complaining/bashing the dub even before you hear it, then don't even bother watching it all all.
That's my plan, but not because it's a dub. I won't watch it more than likely because I've already watched it and the series wasn't "good enough" for me to want to watch again, even as a sub. Ironically, I'm like this with Digimon's anime in general. Not even Adventure anymore, since onkeikun is putting up translations of the Adventure novel, so no need, as that's more detailed and more interesting.

Now, if I saw a dub first, I'd more than likely would like to see a sub to compare it. Stuff like Monster Rancher, Pokemon (the earlier seasons, anyway), and Beyblade comes to mind.
Seriously, all you dub bashers need to get a life...go cling to your pathetic precious subs because some of us here on DATS would actually like to see it dubbed. I always trusted Digimon dubs...they're a hell of alot better voice acting than most other dubs that "stick to the original" ....the other DVD animes sound like zombies...at least these ppl put feeling in their acting.
After seeing Adventure 02's dub...with unnecessary character bashing, characterization changes, unnecessary jokes (which were in Adventure, 02 just seemed worse, imo), amongst other unnecessary things, I'd have to disagree entirely. Adventure 02 made me incredibly weary of dubs of this nature in general. I heard that Tamers was a good dub season, but I've never seen a dub. I've never seen it all the way through in general (dub/raw/sub/etc).

I know that not all dubs are bad, but series like this...I kind of stay clear of now-a-days.

Oh, I also (for some) prefer original voice acting. For Digimon's series, there haven't been too many voices I've liked that seemed to actually "suit" the characters (only referring to the human ones). They're usually too old for them.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Kazemon15;8619 said:
And I meant no harm to the DATS team...it's just there are some ppl who think that subs are the ONE AND ONLY thing in the Universe which is "RIGHT", bashing those who actually have DEGREES in translations, saying "No, they're wrong, fan-subs are the ONLY RIGHT ONES." Which is why I say pathetic subs in general because of those kind of people....which sound very much like you all now.

I translated most of the Savers fansub, and the way you said that makes it sound like I'm wrong just because I don't have a degree in translation. It's true that I don't have years of experience, so I could be a greenhorn compared to most... but as an FYI, I am JLPT Level 2 certified and I'll be taking Level 1 soon. I can't help but feel a little offended when my proficiency is questioned. xD

Besides, it's not the dub's translators that we're bashing, just the changes to the show that someone else made. I personally happen to like most of the American Digimon dub a lot (especially the Adventure dub, I remember giggling at a lot of lines when I was younger)... but most people would prefer that it be kept to the original as close as possible. That's why name changes can be a big deal: It gives people their first impressions of what they think the dub will be like. It sets their initial expectations.

Even I can't understand how "Keenan" was formed from Ikuto's name, and I wish someone in charge of the dub would give a little explanation like they did for "Yolei"... even something like "It was just a really cool-sounding name that we like saying over and over" would be acceptable to me. :T

nezucho

<b>Encoder</b><br>Resident Rodent
i bet there's some sort of crazy cryptographical algorithm that they use to convert the original names into dub names in an optimal way that required a team of PhDs and years of research.

...or not XD;

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Perhaps there is somewhere a pill we have to take in order to understand it.
"I am Agent Nimoy ! Welcome to the Matrix Mr.Mugen !":D

SSJ Jup81;8623 said:
After seeing Adventure 02's dub...with unnecessary character bashing, characterization changes, unnecessary jokes (which were in Adventure, 02 just seemed worse, imo), amongst other unnecessary things, I'd have to disagree entirely.

Stuff like that maked Dub Bashers.

Kazemon15;8619 said:
But most DVDs are horrible....and also...anything to be shown on TV, it's common sense to know that things will be cut. Even movies are cut to shorten the time, not just because of violent references. Which is why when they annouce TV, I don't get my hopes up of them staying to original names because all shows shown on Disney Channel or any other channel are cut and changed, but still try to stay close to the original as much as possible.

Then they perhaps should not change names and stuff like that. If it is like you said, I´m surprised that you don´t bash the Dub.

Kazemon15;8619 said:
And I meant no harm to the DATS team...it's just there are some ppl who think that subs are the ONE AND ONLY thing in the Universe which is "RIGHT", bashing those who actually have DEGREES in translations, saying "No, they're wrong, fan-subs are the ONLY RIGHT ONES." Which is why I say pathetic subs in general because of those kind of people....which sound very much like you all now.

You know, people wouldn´t say that if most Dubs weren´t crap. People would not complain about a well executed Dub with good Voice Acting and without changes, but that is not the case with most Anime Dubs.

So be nice and don´t make unleash the Woodmon on you.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
RiseGreymon -> RizeGreymon

because:

Jeff said:
It is extremely hard to change the background, so chances are what you see now will remain.

Somebody also asked was Sunflowmon still Sunflowermon because of Toei's website. If it is, then I hope they have fun adding 2 more letters since I think that will be a lot harder than changing a z to an s.

Also the Pawns won't talk.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
Sunflowmon keeps her name.

And thank god, there is no miniskirt police x.x

amigobro2

If only Masaru, Tohma, Yoshino, and Ikuto, etc. evolved and had their names in a background like their Digimon, that would solve the problem of their name changes, lol!!! :p

Cool, and glad that they're keeping "RizeGreymon" and "Sunflowmon"! :cool:

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Hehe, I guess it´s because the Dubbing Company doesn´t want to spend time and money to edit it like in the past.

Evolution Sequences ? More like Henshin Sequences for the humans !

O.O Nimoy for sure got nasty when he repsonded to that Austrain Fan.

GordoBaggins

MugenSeiRyuu;8661 said:
O.O Nimoy for sure got nasty when he repsonded to that Austrain Fan.

For good reason, too.

I'm just glad the PawnChessmon won't talk and Sunflowmon is staying. Merukimon's livable.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
There's a possibility that they might have the PawnChessmon talking. In the past, they have had Digimon talk when they originally didn't have lines. Unimon comes to mind from Adventure. Tentomon too, although, the only time I recall his talking when he originally wasn't, was for episode 10; the one when they were in that temple and Mimi and Tentomon were lost in the labyrinth.

For the part that's sticking out for me, Koushirou was talking in the original through the Digivice (whatever). For the dub, they had Tentomon talking during the scene. For the dub, imo, Izzy didn't seem as worried over those two like Koushirou for the original, since he seemed to constantly throw out suggestions to them.

You can't see the mouths of PawnChessmon, so it's easy to give them lines that don't exist...and if they do, it'll probably be a comedic effect.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Dude, I WANT the PawnChessmon to talk. That would make them...not suck so much >_>

I'm glad Sunflowmon is staying. That's the ONLY dub name that really bugged me, and I don't even know why...

I can't imagine why the Miniskirt Police thing was dropped. *sarcasm*

And for the record.....I LIKE THE NAME KEENAN! There, I said it!!!!

amigobro2

Now I wonder if the Digivice iC is gonna keep it's name or will it also be dubbed, I really don't see a reason why, and seeing how the original Digivice kept it's name (of course), and the D-3 also kept it's name, I don't see why they would change it, it's just adding an "iC" to the end of "Digivice", as opposed to the "D-Arc" becoming "D-Power" and the "D-Scanner" becoming "D-Tector", well here's hoping that it stays as "Digivice iC". I really like that name! :cool:

I also wanna know what will be on the screen of the Digivices during the Digisoul Charge sequences. Like will it be like this for instance:

Digivolution for Evolution
Ultimate Digivolution for Perfect Evolution
Mega Digivolution for Ultimate Evolution
Burst Digivolution for Burst Evolution

Also, since in Digimon World Data Squad, they kept "Digisoul Charge!", and since that is based off of the series, can it also be safe to say that they keep "Digisoul Full Charge!!!", "Digisoul Charge! Overdrive!!!", and "Charge! Digisoul Burst!!!" also? (Even though it's probably a little TOO early to know for the latter two)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Nimoy stated that names in the Game are not neccesary the same as in the Series. Just like it has always been with Digimon Dubs and Bandai America Names.

Hagaren Gao;8672 said:
Dude, I WANT the PawnChessmon to talk. That would make them...not suck so much >_>

Hey ! Those two are still great ! The silent, yet powefull Machine Soldiers !

GordoBaggins;8665 said:
For good reason, too.

Not really. It was a simple question and Nimoy gave a rude answer.
Oh and I can say that Nobody in German speaking countries would like a Dub based on the US ones. So far for Nimoy´s comment regarding that one.

GordoBaggins;8665 said:
I'm just glad the PawnChessmon won't talk and Sunflowmon is staying. .

You would also say that if that was not the case.

GordoBaggins;8665 said:
Merukimon's livable.

Not really. Do us a fabvour for once and ask Nimoy why it wasn´t changed to something like Mercuriusmon.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
amigobro2;8678 said:
Now I wonder if the Digivice iC is gonna keep it's name or will it also be dubbed, I really don't see a reason why, and seeing how the original Digivice kept it's name (of course), and the D-3 also kept it's name, I don't see why they would change it, it's just adding an "iC" to the end of "Digivice", as opposed to the "D-Arc" becoming "D-Power" and the "D-Scanner" becoming "D-Tector", well here's hoping that it stays as "Digivice iC". I really like that name! :cool:

Hm, good question. Two of the Digivices have kept their names so far, and two of them have changed their names. I donb't see anything wrong with iC...maybe people will think it's an Ipod rippoff and they will have to change the name XD

Mega Digivolution for Ultimate Evolution
Burst Digivolution for Burst Evolution
Mega Digivolution>Warp Digivolution. Just like back in Digi Adventure...plus the Digis are evolving to Mega, they say 'Warp Evolve', right?

Or who knows, maybe they will randomly keep 'Evolution' on the Digivice.
[/quote]
Also, since in Digimon World Data Squad, they kept "Digisoul Charge!", and since that is based off of the series, can it also be safe to say that they keep "Digisoul Full Charge!!!", "Digisoul Charge! Overdrive!!!", and "Charge! Digisoul Burst!!!" also? (Even though it's probably a little TOO early to know for the latter two)

I think it's too early to really say, but I do feel 'Charge! Digisoul Burst!' will be changed. Heaven knows what to.

Hey ! Those two are still great ! The silent, yet powefull Machine Soldiers !
They always seemed kinda boring to me. They have some cool evos and such, but they just can't show any emotion. They don't speak, you can't see their faces (If they have any), meaing any shard of personality theymay be able to show is gone :/

I seem to be the only one to like the Name Merukimon? It still sounds simular to Mercurymon (Er, however you spell it), and it still sounds like his Japanese name, just remove two letters. (Nimoy likes doing that for Data Squad, doesnt he? Surprised Ikuto was't called 'Iku'....)

GordoBaggins

MugenSeiRyuu;8679 said:
You would also say that if that was not the case.
For Sunflow(er)mon I might, but if the PawnChessmon talked I'd be irked. Sorry for not living up to your full expectations of a "Nimoy Follower."

MugenSeiRyuu;8679 said:
Not really. Do us a fabvour for once and ask Nimoy why it wasn´t changed to something like Mercuriusmon.
By "us" I'll assume you mean "I, Mugen," because I've yet to find anybody who gives HALF the crap about all this as you do.

That being said, I don't owe you any favors. Ask him yourself. Lazy. :]

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Okay.

GordoBaggins;8740 said:
For Sunflow(er)mon I might, but if the PawnChessmon talked I'd be irked. Sorry for not living up to your full expectations of a "Nimoy Follower."

Everyone can say that now.

GordoBaggins;8740 said:
By "us" I'll assume you mean "I, Mugen," because I've yet to find anybody who gives HALF the crap about all this as you do.

Pretty much everyone asks "Merukimon WTF". You must be blind then.

GordoBaggins;8740 said:
That being said, I don't owe you any favors. Ask him yourself. Lazy. :]

It takes 7 full days till you can ask Nimoy AFTER making a Myspace account. I still have to wait 5 Days till Sakura´s is ready and she can ask him.

Hagaren Gao;8695 said:
They always seemed kinda boring to me. They have some cool evos and such, but they just can't show any emotion. They don't speak, you can't see their faces (If they have any), meaing any shard of personality theymay be able to show is gone :/

They have to show Emotion through their gestures. They do that from time to time.

Hagaren Gao;8695 said:
I seem to be the only one to like the Name Merukimon? It still sounds simular to Mercurymon (Er, however you spell it), and it still sounds like his Japanese name, just remove two letters. (Nimoy likes doing that for Data Squad, doesnt he? Surprised Ikuto was't called 'Iku'....)

Not really.
Mer-cu-ri-mon
Me-ru-ki-mon

amigobro2

MugenSeiRyuu;8760 said:
Not really.
Mer-cu-ri-mon
Me-ru-ki-mon

It should have at least been like this:
Merucurimon or Merukurimon
Me-ru-cu-ri-mon or Me-ru-ku-ri-mon

Now that is how the Japanese version sounds like! :D