Digimon Data Squad Episode Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

GordoBaggins

Mona Marshall actually plays a female for once. Yay. And she sounds great =D

The music actually extended throughout the entire battle scene instead of repeating the same clip over and over until it's over.

MachGaogamon was actually kind of useless besides saving Marcus and Agumon. >.> I'm pretty sure he could have done the job and saved Marcus the trouble of punching Blossomon.

jadenik

GordoBaggins;24928 said:
Mona Marshall actually plays a female for once. Yay. And she sounds great =D

The music actually extended throughout the entire battle scene instead of repeating the same clip over and over until it's over.

MachGaogamon was actually kind of useless besides saving Marcus and Agumon. >.> I'm pretty sure he could have done the job and saved Marcus the trouble of punching Blossomon.

Wasn't blossomon a male in the original?

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
jadenik;24931 said:

Its a little hard to remember but i think your probably right... but you know how it is when it comes to dubbing... if it looks girly or flowery, and it was originally a guy... change it to a girl (Though the Savers dub of Biyomon is still a mystery to me ^^;; )

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I think Jeff said Blossomon was still a guy in the dub, just voiced by a female. ALmost kinda sorta makes sence.

My cable decided to be retarded and show every channel but Toon Disney again -_-

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Blossomon was male in the Original, just really, eh, Feminine.

GordoBaggins;24928 said:

Dog hatez flowerz. Flowerz always try to beat up Dog. Especially that Big Mean Lotuz.
It´s like Lizard and Birdz.

Never noticed that ? He always has trouble with Plants, fights that involve Water and when the Enemy kicks him. For Agumon it´s Birds.

GordoBaggins

jadenik;24931 said:

Yup, but Mona Marshall didn't refer to Blossomon, it referred to Frigimon.

Blossomon was played by Melodee Spevack, who played Crusadermon and Birdramon/Garudamon. She sounded a LOT like a guy in this episode, though.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
MugenSeiRyuu;25057 said:
Blossomon was male in the Original, just really, eh, Feminine.

Dog hatez flowerz. Flowerz always try to beat up Dog. Especially that Big Mean Lotuz.
It´s like Lizard and Birdz.

Never noticed that ? He always has trouble with Plants, fights that involve Water and when the Enemy kicks him. For Agumon it´s Birds.

I remember that Japanese Blossomon had a really stereotypical "flaming gay guy" kind of voice. I'd have loved to hear that done in English.

And yeah...don't forget that Gaomon wound up wasting that Big Mean Lotuz. :cool: That was one of my favorite fights. Man, it's gonna lose so much footage when it airs here, isn't it... :(

I have heard Mona Marshall play a woman before, in "Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran". She was the title character. Oddly enough, I thought she did WAY better as every little boy I'd ever heard her play than as a full grown woman.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Gaomon;25445 said:
I have heard Mona Marshall play a woman before, in "Carried by the Wind: Tsukikage Ran". She was the title character. Oddly enough, I thought she did WAY better as every little boy I'd ever heard her play than as a full grown woman.

To me, Marshall will always be the perfect voice for Izzy. lol. Yeah, I agree, she plays little boys better than older women. Especially like Toboe (Wolf's Rain), Izzy, Lucemon, Minori (Chobits)...heck, a great Terriermon too! Though, she did play a somewhat full grown male in X:TV as Nataku.... {and Crispin for Fuuma ftw! Steve Stanley for Kamui ftw! XD)

But I am curious how she will play as Frigimon. I always liked her voice.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So she is in the Situation I mentioned earlier.

Gaomon;25445 said:
I remember that Japanese Blossomon had a really stereotypical "flaming gay guy" kind of voice. I'd have loved to hear that done in English.

Yeah, but I don´t think they´ll do that on a Disney Series. I think the Guy who voiced Jetstorm in Beast Machines might work well for that.

Gaomon;25445 said:
And yeah...don't forget that Gaomon wound up wasting that Big Mean Lotuz. :cool:

By acting like Daimon Masaru. Okay, Touma left the punching part out, but didn´t Masaru state that he doesn´t punch women anyways ? ( Unless some PS2 Player controls him or said woman is Yggdrasil )
Thinking of that, a Lotus is a Water Lily, therefore a Plant that has to do with water. ( I mean more than usual ) And there is a Foot sweep in T'ai Chi Ch'uan called the Lotus Kick. So we have the Plant, the Water, the Kick. No wonder he had trouble, especially if you add Nanami´s high Intelligence to it.

Gaomon;25445 said:
That was one of my favorite fights. Man, it's gonna lose so much footage when it airs here, isn't it... :(

You might end up with a whole new Digimon. :D German Version aired last week Tuesday and was ofcourse intact.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
If he had refrained from hitting Biolotusmon because she's a girl, he would've gotten his ass kicked and you would've mocked him for that instead. All the digimon characters understand one thing: They are fighting for their lives and the lives of the people they care about. If they falter and fail, everyone will suffer and they will be killed. So when you've got a bloodthirsty minion of enemy #1 laying the smackdown on your digimon, you get your digimon to fight back. There is nothing dishonorable in that.

Also, realizing that Masaru's method was the way to win and deploying that for the sake of victory is no reason to deface Tohma/Thomas's character. If anything it was a sign of growth for him. I think you're really pulling too hard for things to trash-talk him with.

I'm still curious (although dreading) as to how they'll handle Biolotusmon and even Rosemon over here. Just as long as Citramon isn't repeated...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Gaomon;25560 said:
If he had refrained from hitting Biolotusmon because she's a girl, he would've gotten his ass kicked and you would've mocked him for that instead. All the digimon characters understand one thing: They are fighting for their lives and the lives of the people they care about. If they falter and fail, everyone will suffer and they will be killed. So when you've got a bloodthirsty minion of enemy #1 laying the smackdown on your digimon, you get your digimon to fight back. There is nothing dishonorable in that.

Ofcourse there isn´t. There is a time to be polite and there is a time to fight back. Guess Masaru was really lucky that Kouki was a Guy.

And no, I woudln´t have mocked him for that. This time I´m not even mocking him. I´m just pointing out how it is.

Gaomon;25560 said:
Also, realizing that Masaru's method was the way to win and deploying that for the sake of victory is no reason to deface Tohma/Thomas's character. If anything it was a sign of growth for him. I think you're really pulling too hard for things to trash-talk him with

It´s however strange that he is the only one to rely on Tactics, while nobody else does.

Gaomon;25560 said:
I'm still curious (although dreading) as to how they'll handle Biolotusmon and even Rosemon over here. Just as long as Citramon isn't repeated...

Were Fairymon, or Calmaramon edited ? Otherwise, I expect Rosemon´s Evo to be shortened and perhaps BioLotusmon getting a full skirt. And no bouncing breasts. Or Rosemon Nipples in Epi 45.

Lotusmon: Miss Nanami ! I reall hoped for this being part the Modifications a BioHybrid-Form has. I´m ashamed of these Clothes.
Spinomon: I told you that our Ultimate Forms were way less modified than our Armor Forms. Didn´t I show you the Simulation ? My Calculations were correct.
Darkdramon: How funny. The Hyper-Intelligent Dinosaur is partnered with that Guy who has no Inner Monologue and says everything out. And the Flower acts like a noble woman and has an Outfit like this.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Yeah, I remember when I saw those bounces and things. I was all....O_O Have to say I wasn't expecting that from Digimon, original Japanese or no. Same goes for Nanami's psycho-visual attempts at persuading Tohma over...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
She gave me Vibes of some kind of Dark Goddess during the whole fight.

And I think there were some bounces in past Digimon Series aswell. In Tamers, if I remember it correct. Babamon once did it and Sakuyamon also, when Parasimon let her free.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
MugenSeiRyuu;25458 said:
You might end up with a whole new Digimon. :D German Version aired last week Tuesday and was ofcourse intact.

*Gets mental image of Rosemon's breasts turning into oranges and starts cracking up*

Babamon holding her breasts was kept in the dub, but the dialoughe she said was something along the lines of 'Grab his neck!' (She was cheering for the BlackWarKazumon vs. Whatever Kenta called himself fight). Sakuyamon bounced? I don't remember that one.

Going back to the topic of Mona Marshal, I agree whith whoever said earlier (Gaomon?) that she did much better playing young boys than grown women. I just finished Wolf's Rain, and I was blown away by her acting. And I couldn't help but think 'Feminine Izzy!' when I listened to Frigimon XD

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Hagaren Gao;25593 said:
*Gets mental image of Rosemon's breasts turning into oranges and starts cracking up*

Come on, you know you want Coconuts ! Which reinds me that we don´t have a Coconut based Digimon so far.

Hagaren Gao;25593 said:
Babamon holding her breasts was kept in the dub, but the dialoughe she said was something along the lines of 'Grab his neck!' (She was cheering for the BlackWarKazumon vs. Whatever Kenta called himself fight). Sakuyamon bounced? I don't remember that one.

I think she said some kind of made up attack in the original.
Sakuyamon bounced in the Movie with the Parasimon, when she gets free of Parasimon´s Tentacles. You know shortlöy after Dukemon changes into Pissed, eh Crimson Mode.

Hagaren Gao;25593 said:
Going back to the topic of Mona Marshal, I agree whith whoever said earlier (Gaomon?) that she did much better playing young boys than grown women. I just finished Wolf's Rain, and I was blown away by her acting. And I couldn't help but think 'Feminine Izzy!' when I listened to Frigimon XD

Frigimon: "Keenan, you must not hate the humans !" *gets Digimon Analyzer*
Anaylzer: Keenan - A Human Child riased by Digimon. He attacks Enemies with his Boomerang.

So she is indeed in a Masako Nozawa Situation.

kaizer

Kaizer kun
I dont remember sakuyamon bouncing i'll have to watch the movie again im just over joyed that i have the orginal jap eng subbed savers ive almost watched the whole season ^_^
But i have to say that Namami's final evolution was creepy i remember thinking this is mans ultimate dream of being persuaded to the dark side.
Just imagine trying to say no to something like that.
It as creepy as it is hypnotic..............0_o I wonder how the hell they're gonna dub that for family viewing cause it seemed pretty sexual to me

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
kaizer;25711 said:
0_o I wonder how the hell they're gonna dub that for family viewing cause it seemed pretty sexual to me

You aint the only one wondering that, i suspect there will be a LOT of editing with an airbrush.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
The snake Nanamis will simply have scales up to their neck, the panty shots will be shadowed, and the cleavage will be buttoned up a la Anetta in MegaMan Axess.

Status
Not open for further replies.