Digimon Data Squad Episode Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Kazemon15;22512 said:
Different culture, different country, different offense. Jewish ppl get really offended if you drink milk with your meat, ya know... <_<

I would like to quote this as complete UN-truth. I am Jewish, I was raised in a Kosher Jewish family and I know those in the community. We would perhaps be offended if another Kosher-keeping Jew were to drink milk with their meat, but we do not become "really offended" upon seeing a non-Kosher individual do it. I have never seen such a reaction happen once in my life. Sometimes I stick my tongue out when I see it, because it's so foreign to me that it's a little gross, but nothing beyond that.

Also as a side note, children should not be watching Death Note in the first place.

Back on topic, I had no idea that episode 15 was aired yet. I need to look for it. I've been making a note of watching all the Touma episodes. I enjoy Crispin Freeman's work as Touma. I like Crispin Freeman in general, he's a good voice actor. I think Skip what'shisface does a very poor Gaomon though. There's just too much Gai-sensei in there...

I'm sorry for going off-topic at all, I just don't really like seeing ignorant generalizations about my religion as a whole. Hope you understand.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Gaomon;22627 said:
Back on topic, I had no idea that episode 15 was aired yet. I need to look for it. I've been making a note of watching all the Touma episodes. I enjoy Crispin Freeman's work as Touma. I like Crispin Freeman in general, he's a good voice actor. I think Skip what'shisface does a very poor Gaomon though. There's just too much Gai-sensei in there...

Machgaogamon sounds pretty cool IMHO, he fits him quite well (IMHO).

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Gaomon;22627 said:
I would like to quote this as complete UN-truth. I am Jewish, I was raised in a Kosher Jewish family and I know those in the community. We would perhaps be offended if another Kosher-keeping Jew were to drink milk with their meat, but we do not become "really offended" upon seeing a non-Kosher individual do it. I have never seen such a reaction happen once in my life. Sometimes I stick my tongue out when I see it, because it's so foreign to me that it's a little gross, but nothing beyond that.

Also as a side note, children should not be watching Death Note in the first place.

I'm sorry for going off-topic at all, I just don't really like seeing ignorant generalizations about my religion as a whole. Hope you understand.

I didnt mean anything offense to you by it. I just wanted to show an example of how different cultures foresee things. Since someone (not saying who) said Japan or German didnt seem offened like it applied to the whole world.

Children shouldnt be playing rated M games either but they still do. <_< Parents arent careful, thus they blame it on what is shown in society...

It sucks that I had to move and thus we don't have toon disney anymore. I really want to see the episodes. I would download them, but I wouldnt understand half of what they said. :(

I don't watch Naruto dub so I can't tell whether or not Gaomon sounds too much like Gai. (Gai, Gao, one letter difference, lol.) But I thought he sounded pretty good.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
digipinky75910;22763 said:
Yeah, I saw ep 15 recently, loved Crispin in this ep. Curiously, sounded like Mona Marshall was playing chibi-Thomas.

Quite possibly it was. Nimoy said Marshall would be in Data Squad as Frigimon. Maybe she played some other minor parts as well.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
K, finnaly got to see the episode.

Ok, so the scene where it shows Thomas's mother in her deathbed was removed. If you don't know what happened in the original, it might be a bit confusing. But this could also work as kinda forshadowing, so it's not too horrid. You know, Touma-Mama looked pretty unharmed for someone who just got creamed by a truck (Granted, we only saw her face, but you know...).

How did Thomas know that it was the day of the Summer Festival when half of the freaking poster was empty? =_=

Crispin's acting was excelent today. I actually got teary eyed when he was trying to stop his mother...and that never happens for me :confused:

After such a great job for his emotional scene, his yell when he escaped the illusion was incredibly lame.

How dare a stupid "You're watching Digimon!" logo appear over Thomas's DNA Full Charge Dx

Thomas's Digivice doesn't glow when he performs the FUll Charge in this episode. I'm pretty sure it does in every other ep though.

I like dub Gaomon, but he was really sub-par this episode. He sounded like he didn't really CARE what happened to Thomas, while Agumon and Lalamon were freaking out. It didn't just seem like he was being the calm one, just...bored or something

Wow. Sunflowmon just made up for all of those episodes where she didn't do anything.

Hm. Winning Knuckle was kept. I beleive his other attack was Howling Cannon or something. Wasn't it something else in the original? I haven't had time to re-watch the subbed version.

Only two more weeks until Yoshino's big moment!

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I remember TheDigiPort saying Mona would be Thomas in the 42 flashback, so obviously they used her for 15's flashback as well.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Hagaren Gao;22767 said:
Crispin's acting was excelent today. I actually got teary eyed when he was trying to stop his mother...and that never happens for me :confused:

After such a great job for his emotional scene, his yell when he escaped the illusion was incredibly lame.

Yeah when i saw that i was actually pleasantly surprised on how good it was, at first i thought he was wrong for the character, but that moment proved my wrong I'm happy to say.

As for the yelling when he escaped, as lame as it is, it probably done on purpose... given the fact that they took out the moms death bed seen, they probably also toned down the yelling out of fear how people would react if he yelled like he was in a horror movie or something.

Of course this makes me rethink some stuff though. i used to think that the reason the voices were so bad (at least to me) is because the voice actors didnt give a damn or had any feelings for the show (I mean i wouldn't give a damn if i had to work for the monsters that created Citramon DX )

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Remember no epi tomorrow due to Ying Yang Yo Marathon (and Martin luther king day?)

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
LunamonZero;23316 said:
i used to think that the reason the voices were so bad (at least to me) is because the voice actors didnt give a damn or had any feelings for the show (I mean i wouldn't give a damn if i had to work for the monsters that created Citramon DX )

Well, for Freeman, no matter how bad things are changed, he still does his best. After seeing him several times at anime expo and going to his voice acting panels, he really cares about the characters he's voicing. He says he tries his hardest no matter what the anime to put alot of feeling into it. lol one time, while voicing in Helsing, he was actually moving like the character in such a scary way to voice the character perfectly, his co-workers got scared. XD

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Hagaren Gao;22767 said:
K, finnaly got to see the episode.

Damn Hagaren, you reminded me that I still want to see it. I'm gonna get so poked at for putting on an episode of Data Squad when I go home, I just know it. ~_~

I like dub Gaomon, but he was really sub-par this episode. He sounded like he didn't really CARE what happened to Thomas, while Agumon and Lalamon were freaking out. It didn't just seem like he was being the calm one, just...bored or something

I still don't like him. Not in any scene I've heard him in. He sounds fake no matter what emotion he's tried to portray, right down to Gaomon's usual stoic calm voice. Even -that- sounded fake to me in every episode I've watched so far. It could just be that I really like Nakai Kazuya as a voice actor (his voice is so awesome) and no substitute is gonna cut it for me. D:

Hm. Winning Knuckle was kept. I beleive his other attack was Howling Cannon or something. Wasn't it something else in the original? I haven't had time to re-watch the subbed version.

The Japanese attack was also "Howling Cannon". As soon as I heard him say that in the original, I was thinking "They will -definitely- keep that one in the dub." Looks like I was right. :D Nearly all the attack names have been kept in this dub, which makes me happy.

Though I do miss hearing BABY BURNER every once in a while. What a cute, and yet horrible-image-inducing name for an attack that was.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Gaomon said:
I do miss hearing BABY BURNER every once in a while. What a cute, and yet horrible-image-inducing name for an attack that was.
Oh, geez, now that's all I'm ever going to be able to see whenever I watch the subs. Thanks a lot! :p

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Gaomon;24056 said:
I still don't like him. Not in any scene I've heard him in. He sounds fake no matter what emotion he's tried to portray, right down to Gaomon's usual stoic calm voice. Even -that- sounded fake to me in every episode I've watched so far. It could just be that I really like Nakai Kazuya as a voice actor (his voice is so awesome) and no substitute is gonna cut it for me. D:

Well what do you expect from a voice actor, who's highest achievement is playing the worlds stupidest ninja in green... i mean seriously that the best thing he has done other than play Vicious in Cowboy Bebop, the rest of the time he played as additional voices and works on movies no one notices

jadenik

LunamonZero;24341 said:
Well what do you expect from a voice actor, who's highest achievement is playing the worlds stupidest ninja in green... i mean seriously that the best thing he has done other than play Vicious in Cowboy Bebop, the rest of the time he played as additional voices and works on movies no one notices

I like gai, skip,gaomon's actor, is a pretty nice guy, he's really popular on narutoforums, his thread is full of people praising him.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
jadenik;24406 said:
I like gai, skip,gaomon's actor, is a pretty nice guy, he's really popular on narutoforums, his thread is full of people praising him.

Yeah... umm... I'm not going to responded to that out of fear that what i might say would be misconstrued as naruto bashing and that i would I get in trouble for it ^^;;

Either way though, weather he is doing a good job on naruto or not, he still could do better as Gaomon on some parts

jadenik

LunamonZero;24411 said:
Yeah... umm... I'm not going to responded to that out of fear that what i might say would be misconstrued as naruto bashing and that i would I get in trouble for it ^^;;

Either way though, weather he is doing a good job on naruto or not, he still could do better as Gaomon on some parts

Yes,I don't really like him as gaomon either.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Grave Predator was dubbed to Soul Predator

Soul Scream was dubbed to Grave Scream

Source: Deviate DMA

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Status
Not open for further replies.