Digimon Data Squad Episode Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Digimon Data Squad Episode Discussions

As the single threads aint been that popular we can have 1 main thread i think:

Episode 9 aired yesterday (Never Meet your Heroes)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I missed most of the episode, so i cant really say what I thought about it, but...

Togemon sounded like Pa Grape from Veggie Tales XD

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I haven't watched the last three. I'm pretty sure it's because of how busy I've been, but there might be some apathy mixed in there. >____>

celestial_sacred

I just watched episode 8. Not really interesting. Kinda dull....

The scene when Yoshino slapped Masaru was cut, but Marcus still had the mark on his face. >_> Haha.

celestial_sacred

Oddly, I do follow Data Squad.. >_> I just watched episode 9. Hey. They changed the last part when Tohma was talking to Hayase! Tohma originally asked Hayase to forfeit but Hayase refused to. In the dub, Thomas asked Hayase not to forfeit as Hayase said he will quit. :confused:

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
yea which goes against the original - i wasn't happy that they did that :(

celestial_sacred

But don't you think it's rather odd to see Hayase getting ready for the ring when he said he's gonna quit? >_> It's like..totally weird..

PrimoPiccolo

celestial_sacred said:
But don't you think it's rather odd to see Hayase getting ready for the ring when he said he's gonna quit? >_> It's like..totally weird..
No, his full name being Hayase Harris is weird. Suiting up just to go out and announce his retirement is downright stupid. They should have just ended the episode with the image of him and his daughter.

celestial_sacred

I'm okay with Hayase Harris. Oh.. So it was to announce his retirement. Okay. Now, that's also weird. I don't think kids are that stupid to not figure that out.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Say, anyone doing scripts for the English adapted episodes or know a site which is doing that? I wanna watch them to see how they are, but downloaded files don't come with closed caption. ^^;;

PrimoPiccolo

Curse This Curse seemed to be the smoothest dub of all ten so far. Loved them inserting "sticks" instead of that weird bridge terminology from the original. Gaomon saying 'smushed' was hilarious. And I'm a little peeved that the Digimon gets to be called Soulmon, yet we're stuck with DNA Charge. Bleh.

I can't wait for next week, Tom Fahn will always be the world's best DemiDevimon VA.

PrimoPiccolo

Yay, ep 12's tonight. Finally get to hear Steve Blum's take on Falcomon, I've been waiting forever for that.

Not to mention a male Biyomon, and Merukimon. This is probably the first time I've ever been excited to see the dub of Savers (premiere included).

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
In the preview for episode 12 they did say a line, it was something like "I must retrieve falcomon". He sounded quite a bit like Vandemon.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
OMG, I've got to say that Biyomon has the worst dub voice I've ever heard (maybe even Jesse/Johan Anderson). I was always wondering what Falcomon would sound like, thinking of Fladra/Lightdra/Blackwargreymon and that put me off. oh..., Biyomon is just so aweful.

PrimoPiccolo

After hearing Biyomon's male voice, I think I'd have preferred them make him a girl instead. There are so few guys on the voicing staff, they start to sound the same. Merukimon's almost exactly the same as Myotismon, but he just removed the grimness and replaced it with diaphragm bass. And Falcomon... have to say, I didn't expect a British ninja. To me, it kind of robs the feeling that he and Keenan grew up together if he sounds like a grown-up already. It also makes me fear Peckmon and Ravemon's voices even more. I swear, if Blum doesn't bring at least some of his Yamaki/Spike/Mugen flavor to Ravemon, I'll declare Data Squad a waste of a translation.

But let me say this, Thorsten Laewe's RizeGreymon Digivolution theme remix is freakin' addictive. I've got to find an MP3 of that somewhere, it almost made the scene better than the Savers version (I say almost because Quinton Flynn bombed at making Marcus dramatic...)

Status
Not open for further replies.