Digimon Data Squad Episode Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
The fact that they didn't turn RizeGreymon's left arm into a Nerf launcher alone made me happy.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
PrimoPiccolo;18288 said:
But let me say this, Thorsten Laewe's RizeGreymon Digivolution theme remix is freakin' addictive. I've got to find an MP3 of that somewhere, it almost made the scene better than the Savers version (I say almost because Quinton Flynn bombed at making Marcus dramatic...)

Seriously. I wish Jeff would leak some music to the fans, because I really like it. As for Marcus, I thought he sounded dramatic, but the script for those lines was kinda 'eh'.

Marcus had a line after Cheif whateverhisnameis was introduced. It was just something like 'Hold on, man!', but his voices wavered a bit when he said 'man' and it cracked me up. Um, yeah >_>

"It's the Digivice guy!"
"Maybe we should ask him for some DIGI adVICE."
That was so stupid, it was funny. XD

Biyomon is a lot more chatty than Piyomon when he came back to life. And he doesn't need to move his mouth to talk anymore.

The Full Charge music starts out REALLY spazzy, but is sounds better as it goes on. I like how the music actually started when the DNA charge did, rather than how it started after Masaru's Digisould ignited in the japanese version.

Both Kristy's and Chika's words while she hugs Biyo/Piyomon's egg are kinda heartwrenching, but I think I like Kristy's a tad more.

Keenan is already annoying. He will be annoying to hear in the dub for a good while, but at the same time, it was annoying to read his subs too. The Digimon he was raised by speak perfect Japanese/English, why is Ikuto/Keenan speaking like Tarzan? At least the dub voice is good. Did he call Marcus and the others 'Hu-mon'?

Ok, on 3. 1, 2, 3: I HAVE TO BECOME STRONGEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!! D8<

GordoBaggins

The beat in the Perfect Evolution scene kicked ass.

On the subject of a Ravemon dub voice, if Blum does a Flamedramon/Raidramon/Halsemon-esque voice, it will make up for everything the dub has done that might even be remotely negative. D:

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
GordoBaggins said:
The beat in the Perfect Evolution scene kicked ass.

On the subject of a Ravemon dub voice, if Blum does a Flamedramon/Raidramon/Halsemon-esque voice, it will make up for everything the dub has done that might even be remotely negative. D:
I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but Blum didn't do Halsemon's voice. That was Neil Kaplan.

And you reminded me, they kept 'Perfect Evolution' on the Digivice screen. I'm not sure whether to be happy or disappointed by that.

GordoBaggins

PrimoPiccolo;18342 said:
I'm not sure if this is what you meant, but Blum didn't do Halsemon's voice. That was Neil Kaplan.

And you reminded me, they kept 'Perfect Evolution' on the Digivice screen. I'm not sure whether to be happy or disappointed by that.

Neil and Steve were both actors for Hawkmon and his evolutions. I think Neil did the main route, but Shurimon and Halsemon are definitely Blum (although ANN lists the name "Maximo Morrone"... alias?)

EDIT: No, wait, you're right, according to IMDB.

Cael

<b><font color="#4e7d40">Head Scanlator</font><br>
Its been awhile since I've seen a Data Squad episode but I loved Mercurimon's voice and dear lord >>; I've forgotten the other...but oh well it was probably Aquilamon or Garudamon.

I won't lie...I hate Kristy, Falcomon, and Biyomon's voices with a passion. Keenan & Sarah's voices push me buttons D:

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Mercurimon's voice = <3 *not that i'm biased for it being the myo voice ^^*

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So Epi 14 aired Monday.

According to what I read, they called Rara Screw Lala Spiral ?
I bet someone says that this name fits better for that attack. I predict it is Raptorscribe ! ( Does Mugen get 100 Points for that Answer ? )

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
MugenSeiRyuu;20553 said:
So Epi 14 aired Monday.

According to what I read, they called Rara Screw Lala Spiral ?
I bet someone says that this name fits better for that attack. I predict it is Raptorscribe ! ( Does Mugen get 100 Points for that Answer ? )

Actually, Lala Spiral makes as little sence as Rara Screw :x

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Well, I don´t care.

jadenik;20812 said:
Mugen, its not really a big deal, there are thousands of attacks names in digimon.

All of which usually make more sense in the Original.

Did Dub Yoshino show any signs of "I´m stupid cause I´m wearing pink" like Dub Mimi and that pink Ranger from Power Rangers SPD so far ? I mean besides screaming out "Digimon Data Squad" all the time, when Digimon are to kept secret, and saying that the DW looks just like earth when there are some rocks flouting next to her ?

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
The only sexism Yoshi has gotten is the same as Yoshino had: She does absolutely nothing (So far).

The Digiworld looks a LOT like Earth. Mountains, forests, yada yada. Of course, it has it's oddities, that's for sure.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I´m talking about General Dumbing down. Not Sexism. You know, the Usual Dub Stuff.

And up to this point, Yoshino did do a lot usefull things, just didn´t fight that much. Or would you like to sit in a Vehicle driven by Touma ?

Not everyone can be as lucky to have a Debut Fight against a Digimon that is two Levels below your own. Or to not have your Debut fight used as a lame Plot Device to let someone join DATS.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Mugen does have a point there, it seems that the biggest problems that the dubs have is that there constantly dumbing down characters.

I mean when I watched the subbed episodes of Zero Two I was really surprised at the intelligence differences in Daisuke. (In the original Japanese, he might not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, but at the very least he wasn’t a total moron like he was in the dub… well, I’m not a 100% sure about that due to the fact that I haven’t gotten that far in the subbing so things can change) so I can understand why he would be asking about it

Also he does have a point about the fights, it seems that they go much easier on the guys than the girls when it comes to fighting (I mean was it really necessary for her to lose in her first fight, and having to have Masaru save her?)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
LunamonZero;21238 said:
Also he does have a point about the fights, it seems that they go much easier on the guys than the girls when it comes to fighting (I mean was it really necessary for her to lose in her first fight, and having to have Masaru save her?)
Seems to be a trend since Frontier. Zoe lost her first fight only to be saved by Kouji, she lost her spirit for a decent while, and did little. Although I still find her very strong, heck she held her own TWICE when the guys had lost their spirits!

Yoshino didn't do as much as she could have (I'm not bashing her; She's my favorite character in Savers), and Kristy? Piyomon fails in every way =_=

Heck, there is that girl from Digimon Next...

I just hope this doesn't carry on into other seasons....(Im sure there will beone someday)

Um, moving back on topic ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.