Digimon Data Squad Episode Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
I agree with you Gao, next season needs a character like Ruki from Tamers (She was PURE AWESOME)

but like you said lets get back on topic lols XD

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ami in NEXT ends up doing more than you realise as long as you've viewed the whole thing.

Watched Epi 14 last night - god how i hate Keenan and the stupid voice.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Vande;21327 said:
Watched Epi 14 last night - god how i hate Keenan and the stupid voice.

Thank you! Finally someone said it! and the way he talks doesnt even make any sense, all digimon I've seen can speak for the most part with perfect grammar or at least normal, so the whole "Raised by animals" way of speaking doesn't even make any sense. You cant tell me, that the fact that he was raised in a jungle accounts for this, because people can learn to speak correctly, even without stuff like school or whatever

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
More like Tarzan. Guess the Dub also fails in this scenario.

Perhaps he talks like that due to a mental problem.

BTW:German Dub Ikuto speaks totally fluent.

Hagaren Gao;21268 said:
Seems to be a trend since Frontier. Zoe lost her first fight only to be saved by Kouji, she lost her spirit for a decent while, and did little. Although I still find her very strong, heck she held her own TWICE when the guys had lost their spirits!

Yes, but unlike Izumi, Yoshino had some actual reasons for losing, not weakness.
But yes, there was definately one who was weaker than Izumi. Let´s make Yellow Snow.

You know, they should have Touma made lose his first fight instead. Gaogamon getting set on Fire by a few PetitMeramon however would be too hilarious. ( The whole I´m using an Adult against some Baby II Digimon does not make out great anyways ). Or they should have plotted him against Meramon, where he would have get fried, just to have Masaru save him.
( If we chekc on Gaogamon´s fight records, they are actually not that Good. There was only one fight he won due to his strength, that was against Togemon. Sunflowmon defeated 7 Dokugumon in one hit at the other hand )

Hagaren Gao;21268 said:
Yoshino didn't do as much as she could have (I'm not bashing her; She's my favorite character in Savers), and Kristy? Piyomon fails in every way =_=...

That´s for sure. But no, the Writers had to focus on a certain Goggleboy and Lonewolf instead.

As for Piyomon, eh look what he was set ! He mainly fought Ultimate Digimon !

Hagaren Gao;21268 said:
Heck, there is that girl from Digimon Next...

Ami is not as useless as you think. But she, like Yoshino is underused.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Mugen, you're always so mean to Touma and Gaomon. Masaru and Agumon really ate up all of the attention in Savers, and the director even commented that they really wanted primary focus on the lead character for this season.

But if you ask me, they're all good characters who don't deserve to be bashed.

Also, if Gaogamon had lost his first fight that would've sorta downplayed the whole "I am an elite DATS member who can effortlessly evolve his digimon to adult level, I am now your RIVAL!!1" idea.

Ugh, did Ikuto talk like that in the Japanese version? I know some of the language, but not enough to be able to pick out Tarzan-talk. If so, they're all retarded. If not, then WTF were they thinking over on this side of the world? A british ninja owl and a brain-damaged jungle kid do not seem to make intimidating adversaries for our heroes.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Gaomon;21953 said:
Mugen, you're always so mean to Touma and Gaomon. Masaru and Agumon really ate up all of the attention in Savers, and the director even commented that they really wanted primary focus on the lead character for this season.

And Touma steals the rest Focus from the better Characters. All that just because he is the Lonewolf and heck, Gaomon does not even have a real personality !

Oh and I´ll be meanest to them in Chapter 2 of my Savers FF, showing how dangerous the new Enemies can be.

Kuzuhamon: Are you Tonma H. Nerdstein ?
Touma: My name is Touma H. Norstein !
Kuzuhamon: According to this fact sheet about you, your name is Tonma H. Nerdstein. Okay, on the other hand, that Lizard has terrible handwriting, and as long as you are the Partner of that stinking blue Dog, it doesn´t matter for me anyways. Because I´m Kuzuhamon ! And I´m going to kick your butts !

Gaomon;21953 said:
Also, if Gaogamon had lost his first fight that would've sorta downplayed the whole "I am an elite DATS member who can effortlessly evolve his digimon to adult level, I am now your RIVAL!!1" idea.

Yeah, and that he does that in order to kill some Baby II Digimon totally shows how awesome he is.

Kuzuhamon: According to my sheet, you once evolved to Adult Level to defeat some Baby II Digimon. I´m an Ultimate Level. So you better evolve to your Burst Mode ! Not that your Burst Mode will save you, but I´ll have more Fun that way.

Gaomon;21953 said:
Ugh, did Ikuto talk like that in the Japanese version? I know some of the language, but not enough to be able to pick out Tarzan-talk. If so, they're all retarded. If not, then WTF were they thinking over on this side of the world? A british ninja owl and a brain-damaged jungle kid do not seem to make intimidating adversaries for our heroes.

A bit less retarded in the Original I think.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Now that’s a savers FF I would love to read XDDD

And he does have a point about the Baby II digimon (At least Masaru at the guts to fight them at the adult level) although I have to say that both him and Masaru did take a lot of attention together.

also

Gaomon;21953 said:

I never remember him talking like that, but then again I could only read the subs, and I don’t speak Japanese, so I have no idea if is grammar was good or not… but then again, it doesn’t make sense for him to have bad grammar because most digimon actually have good grammar for the most part and he would have learned how speak though them.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
It actually might be a psychological Problem. Porr Ikuto went through a lot rather traumatic things.

LunamonZero;21962 said:
Now that’s a savers FF I would love to read XDDD

Ofcourse that won´t be used just to show how strong the Enmy is, but also to start a few other things. But I won´t tell too much.

LunamonZero;21962 said:
And he does have a point about the Baby II digimon (At least Masaru at the guts to fight them at the adult level) although I have to say that both him and Masaru did take a lot of attention together.

My Point.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
MugenSeiRyuu;21960 said:
And Touma steals the rest Focus from the better Characters. All that just because he is the Lonewolf and heck, Gaomon does not even have a real personality !

Mugen, I understand you like Yoshino, she's my favorite character too. I understand that she didn't have as big a spotlight as the others, but still, completely bashing other people's favorite characters because of it is really uncalled for. I understand both sides, but I kinda wish you were a bit more considerate about it.

While's we're at it, Masaru stole the spotlight from his OWN DIGIMON, so if you really feel the need to bash someone, you think it'd be Masaru rather than anyone else.

LunamonZero

Lunamon Tamer
Well I think Hagaren might have a point. I mean I wouldn’t like it if someone was to bash my Queen, Ruki (Hell if someone was to do that, I would go in to Burst mode, and start doing a lot of unholy things to the guy… UNHOLY THINGS! >>) so maybe you should try and lay off them a little bit, at least lay off on insulting them or tone it down ^^;;

amigobro2

Yeah, Tohma and Yoshino are equally great characters, that's why I like them both as my favorite all-time Digimon characters. LOL, the ironic thing is that I know people who bash on Yoshino, and I HATE that to all extremes, and I know you would too, Yoshino is an EXCELLENT character, and she doesn't deserve to be hated on, and neither does Tohma, or even Masaru, for that matter. What you should do Mugen, is try to not ALWAYS look at the negatives in people and their character. That's what I do, and it helps me A LOT!!! You should try it! ;)

Besides, we have to remember, it's NOT Tohma's fault he got a little more things than Yoshino, it's the writers' fault, so, it really doesn't make any sense to bash on a character, when he had NOTHING to do with writing the show, lol! :p

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Tell that the people who bash Yoshino ! A lot of those are also Touma Fans.

Even after withnessing her Power, there are still those who claim that she is a weak, token Girl.
Some even claim that Armadimon recieving Perfect Level in Adventure 02 is the same as Rosemon archieving Burst Mode. Some also claim that the Digimon she fought must be weak ones, basically also saying that the Oookuwamon Lilamon killed is inferior to the one RizeGreymon killed. And don´t let them start on Duftmon.
Someone even called her "even more worthless than all the othere Girls"

Oh and some more Quotes:
" Have you seen Rosemon fight? She takes more damage than she deals out. She screams in pain more than she screams out attacks"

"... Any guesses on if Burst Mode will actually give Rosemon a chance, or will the [goggleless] Goggle Boy's/Lone Wolf's be stronger? Meh, I'm sure we already know the answer to that question anyways >_<"

"should make a montage of her many screams... That would be amusing, because that's all she does. The only time she wins is when plot allows. *coughspinomoncough* The only reason she won that is because of the rules of the protagonist. One of those rules is:

1. The protagonists can't die. They are invulnerable. If they die there is a good chance they'll return to life. (This rule does not seem to apply to Leomon <_<)

Rosemon and Yoshino are too plot-important to lose a battle and die. That's the only reason they won, and just barely, at that."

Favourite quote by some guy named MirageGaogamon X:
"Size tends to be an indicator of power level in the Digital World, so that would put both Rosemon and Ravemon below MirageGaogamon and ShineGreymon."

Me wonders how she was able to kick BioSpinomon´s butt then or how Tailmon was able to own the Adventure Chosen.

Hope you can now understand that the things in the Anime itself are not the only factors. Althought I still don´t like Touma and yes, I´m still going to not uses him in my FF ( much ) !

It also doesn´t help that Toei America/Bandai America/Disney/that Guy who claims that Digimon is an American Show try to turn her into "Stupid in Pink", which I also consider bashing !

Back on Topic: did they keep in that MetalPhantomon tried to steal their Souls ?

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
They didn't say "souls" since that's apparently a bad thing, but "essence of the heart." In the end, it's the same thing, just worded differently.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Oh c'mon already what is it with this bitching again. I said i didn't want bitching in this thread. The dub isn't all that great i grant that. 4kids have been known to dub YGO n the use of Soul, yet later on they don't. So it depends.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Well they kept the name of Soulmon in the dub, yet not Digisoul Charge. Though DNA charge is growing on me i still prefer the original stuff yes.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Who doesn´t ? ( Yeah, I know there are those who see pretty much every Dub Change as superior to the Original, but we leave out those Jerks ).
They ( BOA/Toei America/Disnesy ) seem to be a bit chaotic in the naming aspect anyways.

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Hagaren and the others who kinda stood up for character equality. I have nothing against any of the Savers characters at all, but Touma and Gaomon are my favorites. I try not to take it personally when I see them bashed, but it still irks me and I can't help but feel a little insulted when the characters I've chosen to favor are called stupid or accused of having "no personality". It really is the writers' fault that Gaomon wound up with so little development. They were the ones who neglected him...I mean, he's not even real. Obviously, it's not his fault. Raramon got more development in her relationship with Yoshino, and a ton more background info, than Gaomon did. The Touma/Gaomon partnership's development was really Touma's own development while Gaomon just sort of watched, rather than a development for them as a pair like it was with the others. I was hoping for that all the way through the series and didn't get it. You should at least be happy for that, Mugen.

On the subject of the soul thing...why is it a problem? The only way I could possibly think that someone would find it offensive is on a religious level. I was raised Jewish and I was taught that I have a soul, as were the Christians that I know. Is it because the soul is said to be digital, and that is "blasphemous" to some people? I know that Disney above all companies does not ever want to offend anyone, but I thought that teaching how to strengthen your own soul was overall a good, moral lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.