Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Pluvius

No really, the outlines that fade out in the trailer are pictures, not sprites. They're Inafune's usual artwork. Unfortunately, one has to pause the videos at just the right spots to get glimpses of them.

Pluvius

I know people were all over Splash Woman to see if she was hot, but nobody seems to care enough to pinpoint the others.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pluvis, where do you get off saying that a sprite is not a sprite? Everything in the game that moves (and maybe some things that done) are comprised of sprites. That's basic gaming knowledge, too...

Anywho, the second that actual drawings/artwork is released, I'll be happy. After all, the sprites are only 8-bit, so they don't have a lot of detail that would be in the pics.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Silhouette =/= Artwork. I asked for artwork. Is that too hard to understand? A simple 'not yet, but we have silhouettes' would have been fine... But there WAS artwork... albeit done in 8 bit colors, which was nice. I still wanna know the details on the robot masters, though. I guess we'll have to wait more for that, eh?

Edit after seeing E3 Gameplay: Wait... Dr. LIGHT is the bad guy? Oh, right, he was being 'framed', right?

Though... SPECULATION TIME! You know in the secret ending of ZXA, how Thomas turns out to be a bad guy as well? Thomas' name was a reference to Dr. Light... So perhaps, one of two things could happen...

Dr. Light snapped and really DID do it, and made it look like Wily framed him...

OR

Thomas is just another victim of Model V...

Though I'm happy with either, the latter is more likely (after all, Light still has to make X). Though, regardless of what's most likely, speculation is fun, and it's not entirely unlike capcom to pull crap on us either.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I'd be more inclined to believe Light's being framed. I don't think they'd completely 180 the storyline like that except to confuse us after the Thomas/ZX:A incident. I mean up until now they've never given any indication Light's been the bad guy.
Unless they're going to pull "it was all just a bad dream!" syndrome anyway.... which I hope they don't.
Thomas I think was just an unfortunate victim of Model W/V. Doesn't it indicate HE was the mind behind the whole thing and not Albert? Or they were in it together? or... something along those lines? .. I wonder what Mikhail has to say about all that..

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Yeah, I agree that he's probably just feed for our Lord and Master Model V... But still, let's entertain the idea, just because we have nothing better to do right now! (It's not like we have anything new...)

He and Albert were in cahoots. But he thought Albert was an idiot for acting too fast and at the wrong time, so he helped take him down. Mikhail seemed... distraught in the youtube vid (because I suck at hard mode).

But, of course, we ALL know who's really pulling the strings. Our Lord Model V/Vile!

Tcatomon

Role;63656 said:
But, of course, we ALL know who's really pulling the strings. Our Lord Model V/Vile!

lol, of course. I expect to see him toss everyone aside once he glues himself back together.

Since we're on the 'what if' speculation. IF Light is indeed behind the robot masters.. why would he make his own robot to fight the robots he already made to destroy the city? Multiple personality syndrome? A sudden conscience? .. Probably to cover his own butt.. but then the only thing he's doing is destroying the robot masters and in the end spending hundreds of dollars (zenny..lol) to make Wily look bad. IF all this is true ... what's Wily's part in all this?

Silhouette =/= Artwork. I asked for artwork. Is that too hard to understand?

And I told you there wasn't any XD jeez glad thats settled.

Sadly for me though I just had spoilers since ZXA doesn't seem to be in stock anywhere in England until recently XD. (It got a release in February but no one stocked it).

Tcatomon

If you can afford the shipping I'd just suggest importing it >.> And don't worry, I had the ending spoiled for me too.

Pluvius

Role;63651 said:
Silhouette =/= Artwork. I asked for artwork. Is that too hard to understand? A simple 'not yet, but we have silhouettes' would have been fine... But there WAS artwork... albeit done in 8 bit colors, which was nice. I still wanna know the details on the robot masters, though. I guess we'll have to wait more for that, eh?
Artwork that wasn't 8-bit:
Picture7-1.png

Picture10-1.png

It's artwork. It's not the best quality, but it's at least a glimpse. I can't wait for more of higher quality, though.

Tcatomon;63654 said:
I mean up until now they've never given any indication Light's been the bad guy.
Well, he did manufacture the Maverick Virus initially, or something, according to the Zero Official Complete Works.

Tcatomon

Who's the second dude in the pic supposed to be? oo; EPIC MEGAMAN-COVERED GROIN SHOT!

Pluvius;63701 said:
Well, he did manufacture the Maverick Virus initially, or something, according to the Zero Official Complete Works.

o.0 What page is that on...? Or can you find the quote? I'll look tomorrow. I totally don't remember reading that.

Pluvius

Tcatomon;63702 said:
Who's the second dude in the pic supposed to be? oo; EPIC MEGAMAN-COVERED GROIN SHOT!
Concrete Man

Tcatomon;63702 said:
o.0 What page is that on...? Or can you find the quote? I'll look tomorrow. I totally don't remember reading that.
I read none of it, as I'm not fluent enough in Japanese. I heard it on Rockman Perfect Memories' forum. Post a thread about it in the proper area, & it will be answered. Zan Sidera will probably have the most to say about it with the best information to contribute. I would ask for you, but alas, I am banned.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Tcatomon;63660 said:
lol, of course. I expect to see him toss everyone aside once he glues himself back together.

Since we're on the 'what if' speculation. IF Light is indeed behind the robot masters.. why would he make his own robot to fight the robots he already made to destroy the city? Multiple personality syndrome? A sudden conscience? .. Probably to cover his own butt.. but then the only thing he's doing is destroying the robot masters and in the end spending hundreds of dollars (zenny..lol) to make Wily look bad. IF all this is true ... what's Wily's part in all this?
Huh? But wasn't Megaman made first? If Light snapped after Wily reformed, like it suggests in the opening, then wouldn't that mean that Megaman was just having to clean up after his creator's lapse in sanity?

...oh, and sorry about the spoilers. I thought everyone had looked it up already.

Pluvius

Role;63713 said:
...oh, and sorry about the spoilers. I thought everyone had looked it up already.
Spoilers for what, ZXA? It's been out long enough for people to have played it by now.

^ I haven't it wasn't out in england for ages until recently as I said already. They just got it in on amazon so I ordered it yesterday.

Anyway thanks for the support role and tcatomon I'm still really looking forward to it :)

Kinda back on topic I hope this game comes out in all regions since its on wiiware/XBLA/PSN I don't want to have to wait for this XD. I'll probably get it on XBLA for preference, but if it does go to the US first then I'll get it on PSN since I have multi region PSN accounts :) (yeah my wii is dusty since smash bros).

Pluvius

I only have a Wii, so I'll be getting it on that. If the PSN version is downloadable to the PSP, I'll be getting a copy to play on the go illegally in addition to the WiiWare copy.