Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Yaoilovertash

Delete Account
Is Rockman going to change with each new show or movie? I'm just curious because I remember the old cartoons of megaman or rockman and they seem so different than the other series based on the same character or concept. I'm the only one that feels like that?

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
The Megaman cartoon show was made in North America.. and they thought it'd be more fitting to American audiences to do it in that style.
Same reason Captain N had a green Megaman (though I wonder if they even did their research sometimes. Alucard as a skateboarding punk kid..?).
Everything else is Japanese.. and obviously in anime style.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Pluvius;63121 said:
I wouldn't consider the Zero & ZX art anime, exactly. Especially not Zero.

Well, "anime" is short for "anime-shon", which is "animation" transliterated, so I believe the correct term would be "anime-style drawing", but... they are anime-style, just kinda distorted... the eye structure and head shape aren't very anime-like, I know, but everything else... there's nothing to really suggest that it's not anime.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
So they seriously had a huge downgrade in boxart design?

I mean, he looks more like X than Megaman in that pic.

Ruby-spears ain't anime, it's western. Rush is a freaking robo-scooby doo, among other things such as the general lack of the actual anime artsyles. It may have been inspired, but it's not like the stuff you've got today. Anime didn't have as much hype back then, after all.

Technically speaking, Anime, as defined by modern culture, is Japanese Animation, or animation that tries to imitate it. Technically speaking, all art from games coming from japan fall under this category. On top of that, as games themselves utilize animation, you could say that all japanese games are more or less interactive anime.

Pluvius

Role, that box-art is a joke. There is no box or box-art. It just shows that Capcom can laugh about silly localization from years past.

Ruby-Spears was originally in a style true to the classic series, which is a copy of Astro Boy, which was the father of anime. They simply made the characters muscled & such to appeal to the Western audience. The faces remain anime-styled, though.

Anime is a style. Not everything Japanese is anime, like Hello Kitty, & not everything anime is Japanese, like that recent crappy GI Joe.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
NO IT WAS NOT!

It makes megaman look like a teen, and Roll just as bad. It made X look ruthless in his one ep! That's way opposite of their personalities!

I did state that Anime is defined as Japanese Animation, and animation attempting to imitate the style of Japanese Animation.

TEEN TITANS is anime, but does not come from japan. But it is FILLED with anime elements. Thus, the general consensus is that it might as well BE anime, just with a western twist to it.

Ruby-Spears came out BEFORE anime got big in the US. It was going off MEGAMAN ITSELF, NOT ANIME IN GENERAL. It also did a horrible job, such as casting protoman as a bad guy. The style of animation is closer to that of US animation at that time. Which was NOT ANIME INSPIRED. Do you get it yet?

Besides, look at it! The lips match voices! Tell me an anime where they don't cut corners with mouths! I dare you! The only thing you can find that comes close is 3D anime. Other than that, STRONGBAD actually kinda gets it right. Almost non-existant when closed, REDICULOULY HUGE when open. Why? Simple. THEY HAVE HALF THE BUDGET US CARTOONS DO. They simply can't affort to pay their guys to get that detailed.

As for the box, yes, I thought it was fake (aka a JOKE), thus lulz worthy. I was right. It was a joke by capcom. Just a bit of fandom (see megaman ZXA - Superhero comic. It's the Megaman 1 boxart). If they were to make a real box, it'd be more like that of MM6, 7, and 8. That looks more like 2...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
If you're too lazy to point out why, I can assume you don't have a reason, and are too stubborn to admit defeat.

But alas, this is not a what-is-and-is-not anime thread. It's a Rockman 9 thread. SO LET'S DROP IT NOW, BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND.

So then... do we have character art yet? I wanna know what the bosses look like! ^-^

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Sprites do not equal pictures. This is what, the second, third time I've said that?

I'm asking for any updates anyone has found. I've been busy working on a couple projects as of late so I can't go searching for the info right now.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Geezus. Lighten up a bit Pluvius, will ya?

There's not been any character art or even more information other than what was shown at E3. I figure they're busying finishing up everything and leaving us in anticipation for it.

Pluvius

They're not sprites; they're outlines of character art & translucent character art. I was just pointing out that they were there. Believe me, I want something higher quality than that too.

the only thing lulz worthy here is role's short temper.

Sadly I have nothing I can add to this except ask questions there are no answers to, but since I can't resist a challenge.

Besides, look at it! The lips match voices! Tell me an anime where they don't cut corners with mouths! I dare you!

Answer: Studio Ghibli's films.

I guess trying to stay on topic in a thread being thrown off coarse no there isn't any artwork of anything available yet. Just pictures (yes they count as pictures, since they only serve to be looked at) and videos of sprites :p