Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Pluvius

Why?

My thinking is that I already paid for a license of the game, & that their limiting my usage of it on one device or another infringes on my rights.

The irony here is that it wouldn't be illegal since it is a supported feature on the PS3. Unfortunately for you though as I said earlier only PS1 and PSP games use that feature so good luck with that.

& that their limiting my usage of it on one device or another infringes on my rights.

Another contradiction, in this case it would be like saying I can't wait to see Halo 3 on my Wii :p. Unless megaman 9 is designed for the PSP then you can forget it, unless someone makes a pirated mod version (which they will) remember PSP =/= PS3.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, since it's for the network, I'd assume you'd be able to buy any region's version, you just have to know where to go.

Then again, I lack the three current-gen consoles, so I could be wrong. ...It'd be stupid if you couldn't... There's a lot of people here who'd be willing to purchase/download japanese games...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
In order to download Japanese games you'd just need a japan-based handle and address (same goes for over seas and USA). I got to play Castlevania: SotN in Japanese like that. 8D

Pluvius

Vincentdante;63746 said:
The irony here is that it wouldn't be illegal since it is a supported feature on the PS3. Unfortunately for you though as I said earlier only PS1 and PSP games use that feature so good luck with that.
It would totally be illegal. I would pirate it. I don't have a PS3.

Vincentdante;63746 said:
Another contradiction, in this case it would be like saying I can't wait to see Halo 3 on my Wii :p. Unless megaman 9 is designed for the PSP then you can forget it, unless someone makes a pirated mod version (which they will) remember PSP =/= PS3.
Well of course it'd only work if the PSN version of MM9 supported being downloaded & played on the PSP.

Tcatomon;63784 said:
In order to download Japanese games you'd just need a japan-based handle and address (same goes for over seas and USA). I got to play Castlevania: SotN in Japanese like that. 8D

yup it's simple really just make up a fake address i have made a US, UK and a japanese account that way.

Pluvius

NikeGolfer;63812 said:
Why would you pirate it?
Yea, like what Tcato said. Free stuff is free. I'll be supporting the game by buying a WiiWare copy, but buying it twice is a bit excessive.

Though, I'll pirate anything. I only purchase stuff when I have a free option if I really want them to continue in that direction. This will be the first new Mega Man game I've bought since.. uh... X7. Everything after that was used (Anniversary Collection, X Collection, EXE 1, 2, 3 White, 4 Red Sun, 6 Gregar, 6 Gregar [Lost the first one... Then found it again. -.-], Network Transmission, Zero 1-3, Command Mission, Powered Up, Maverick Hunter X, & ZX) or pirated (Star Force, Star Force 2 [as soon as I find or replace my micro SD USB adapter], EXE 5 DS, ZX [Lost my old copy], ZXA, Powered Up [Lost my PSP games], MHX [Read: Powered Up's reason], a bunch of PSX games I already owned for play on my PSP [Legends, Legends 2, Misadventures, 8, & X4-X6], & X8 PC). Though, I often own what I pirate, but that doesn't define what I pirate. Free is free. Companies infringe on my rights to my license via their copy protection, so I play their game as competitively as I can, since I'm forced to.

Tcatomon

I'm in for the 360 since it actually has crap on it I wanted and doesn't involve me wasting money or flailing a controller like a retard :'P

Eh, I'm on the borderline of what's good and bad about pirating. I'm sure the law would have a field day with my computer, but on the other hand if I hadn't played Rockman Zero on a GBA emulator back in 2003 I wouldn't have bought my SP and the games, and about a 100 other games on the system just so I had something to do on my lunch breaks at work.
Needless to say I don't have the emulator anymore since I have all the games I want for the system. >.> So.. *shrug*

Pluvius

I find the Wii to be the best system for real games if you find the right ones. It & the PSP are my favorite things to play. I'd like a 360, but it's so gimped for how much it tried to be a powerful machine. Nice 120 GB expensive as fuck hard drive there, 360. The PS3 at least can call itself high-powered. Though, I've yet to spend any time judging the PS3 hands on, so I won't be buying either for a while until I'm sure.

Even though I own the games, I often misplace them or just want to record videos, in which case I use the emulator.

Tcatomon

That's assuming you NEED a 120 gig HD. I've barely even used half of my 20 gig HD yet. >_> If you shop around you can get the whole package for cheap. I bought Halo 3 and the 20gig set for under $250 (I had a couple games for trade in too).
And if you didn't lose your games you might be able to afford it! :p

Pluvius

Of course I need one. Half the reason I'd want a 360 is for media, though the PS3 does that so much better.

Also, trading in games is the dumbest idea ever, IMO. It's much better to horde them.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Tcatomon;63825 said:
That's assuming you NEED a 120 gig HD. I've barely even used half of my 20 gig HD yet. >_> If you shop around you can get the whole package for cheap. I bought Halo 3 and the 20gig set for under $250 (I had a couple games for trade in too).
And if you didn't lose your games you might be able to afford it! :p
Well, some people use their Xbox for more than just gaming. Some people surf the web and download stuff. It's one reason we're not allowed to sell people used hard drives until we wipe them over at work - because for all you know, they may have downloaded some really bad stuff.

Tcatomon;63814 said:
The question is why WOULDN'T you pirate it if you knew you wouldn't get caught? Free stuff is free.

Technically speaking, every time you download something, or save an image to your hard drive, and don't get permission from its owner/creator, you are pirating. So we're all pirates. That image in my siggy? I saved the pics to my hard drive, but I never asked the guys at capcom for permission to do so. So technically speaking, I am a pirate. Not to mention we all download anime and what not.

The difference is some people deny the fact, some people don't care, and some people embrace being a pirate. Me? I'm one of the ones that don't care. If I can buy it, I'll do so, but if not, I'll pirate. Those whom embrace it only pirate, and those whom deny it claim they don't do it and pretend to act against it.

Pluvius

Role;63840 said:
Well, some people use their Xbox for more than just gaming. Some people surf the web and download stuff. It's one reason we're not allowed to sell people used hard drives until we wipe them over at work - because for all you know, they may have downloaded some really bad stuff.
I hate that. Used game stores suck that way. I'd be much more inclined to buy a used hard drive if it might have fun surprises on it.

Role;63840 said:
That image in my siggy? I saved the pics to my hard drive, but I never asked the guys at capcom for permission to do so.
CoA has released statements saying sprites, artwork, & music can be distributed. CoJ is much more strict. I think.

me, I pirate things I want to play/watch etc, then if I like it and think the creator deserves my money then I will buy it. Thats my way at least since I figure if companies want to make half assed crap at times then they don't really deserve my money.

the exception are things I have tried and I know are good.

Tcatomon

Pluvius;63831 said:
Also, trading in games is the dumbest idea ever, IMO. It's much better to horde them.

I traded in Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Advance 3. To me it wasn't a big loss. It's pretty much the only three games I didn't try first before I bought them and I regretted it. I got back all my money I spent on them anyway, so... *shrug* Any other time I'd toss them on Ebay for three times their worth, but those three sell like crap anyway.

Role;63840 said:
Well, some people use their Xbox for more than just gaming. Some people surf the web and download stuff.

Oh, yeah, I don't deny that, I watch movies through mine on the big TV in the livingroom... but that's what I bought a friggin' computer and a router for. If people want media they can just stream it from PC to 360/PS3. >.> It's bloody cheaper in the long run.
If people want 120 gigs to store crap BUY a bloody 120 gig HD and be quiet about it.