Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Don't trade in your games! That's cruel! Think about how they feel! You bought them and put in hours upon hours of hard work and love. If nothing else, they deserve to be kepted if nothing more than a keepsake! By trading them in you're more or less saying "I don't need you, and was only using you" and then tossing them aside for a measly five to ten bucks. That's horrible! It's cruel!

Stop the cruelty now! Join the Adopt a Game campaign today, and end the abuse of the poor games that were just tossed aside!

Also, about the PC vs Xbox thing you mentioned, try following this saying - Never underestimate the stupidity of humanity. In other words, just face and accept the fact that you're surrounded by morons dumb enough to not deserve their existance (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, TEXT MESSAGERS! JUST TALK TO THE DAMN PERSON! IT'S MUCH QUICKER!)

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I played them like.. twice at two hours a piece. I bought them at $10 a piece and traded them in for $8 a piece. I flat out didn't like them o_o I'm not keeping something I don't like just because I lost four bucks.

Also lolz.. believe me you don't have to tell me about stupid people in large groups. I work in retail. I no longer fear hell.

Crash And Burn

Yay 4 Spring!~
I work in avionics (Air Traffic Controller). I always have a lot of planes that are in lines to do things like takeoff and such. I don't have time for game things a lot. If ever, on weekends. Big groups.

Tcatomon

Big groups are awesome. I've got a MM9 speedrun set up for when it comes out with myself and four other people. XD I have a feeling we're going to be at it all night long.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Tcatomon;63990 said:
I played them like.. twice at two hours a piece. I bought them at $10 a piece and traded them in for $8 a piece. I flat out didn't like them o_o I'm not keeping something I don't like just because I lost four bucks.

Also lolz.. believe me you don't have to tell me about stupid people in large groups. I work in retail. I no longer fear hell.
Ah, same here. I work for a gamestop, actually. After seeing the hordes of used and abused games, I started the Adopt a Game campaign... Corporate doesn't exactly see eye to eye though ('Is our time together worth anything to you?' 'yeah, about fifteen bucks!' >_>)

I really wanna start a policy of rejecting any games someone tries to trade in without its case. Those games are usually poor quality (since they weren't stored int he case), and tend to accumulate since people don't like to buy games without cases. Worst of all, those games make up for 60-75% of the bargin bins, which are overcrammed. But alas, I'm just a lowly peon. As far as corporate is concerned, my thoughts don't mean a thing.

But yeah, sitting back and looking at peoples stupidity gets really annoying at times. ("Do you sell DS games?" *IS SORTING THE DS SECTION* YES! They're THREE INCHES in front of your stupid face! ... *points right in front of the person* "Oh, I didn't see that, thanks..." You didn't look, moron!)

And I swear if I see another 7 year old ask to buy Grand Theft Auto, I'm gonna bitchslap them, then hunt down their parents and tell them to go to parenting school.

Customers are idiots, but at least my bosses and coworkers are cool.

Anywho, I'd say something that's on topic, but there's nothing new to comment on for the topic, so here's a generic "I can't wait for this game to come out!"

*inserts generic your wrong and I'm right forum comment* :p

*advertisement* everyday a game is abused by it's owners and left out in the streets to die. Adopt a game rescues games and gives it all the care it deserves. So please for as little as $10 you can adopt one of these poor games. Half-life loved his owner and he thought he loved him. But after the game was completed he was thrown under the coffee table and left there neglected. But adopt a game rescued half-life and it is one of the millions of games that are in desparate need of a home. *end*

Tcatomon

*n0 U. Oh, and YOUR MOM! D:< *

Half-Life made me motion sick... Portal too, but at least I finished that! XD;
I'm usually good at keeping my games. I rarely pick up anything that isn't in a series of stuff I've already played or I know a ton about before hand. I tend to do tons of research on something before I buy it so I don't regret it later and HAVE to trade it in. I kept X7 for instance just for the nostalgia factor when alot of people tossed it (I bought my PS2 and skipped class the day it came out XD). I think I've only ever traded in six games since the NES days and only because I picked them up on a whim. ... I'm also really picky on what genres I enjoy. lol.

Roy

Because its Roy^.^
By adopt a game do you mean buy the used ones from bargin bins and such, because I just got like 5 ps2 games and im loving buying used:)

But almost on topic, I Saved my wii points for this;)

Pluvius

Tcatomon;63921 said:
Oh, yeah, I don't deny that, I watch movies through mine on the big TV in the livingroom... but that's what I bought a friggin' computer and a router for. If people want media they can just stream it from PC to 360/PS3. >.> It's bloody cheaper in the long run.
Barely. A big harddrive is only like $80, & I don't think my computer has the RAM to stream well.

Role;63997 said:
And I swear if I see another 7 year old ask to buy Grand Theft Auto, I'm gonna bitchslap them, then hunt down their parents and tell them to go to parenting school.
You should sell it to them. Those laws are stupid anyway.

Tcatomon

Yout don't need RAM to stream. Just a router and an ethernet cord.

Pluvius;64147 said:
You should sell it to them. Those laws are stupid anyway.

Except that it's illegal and she could go to JAIL.

well it's good that it is illegal to SELL to minors, there is nothing stopping the parents from buying it though. I believe parents should have the right to buy the games if they feel it won't hurt their child in anyway. I remember when my mum let me watch Aliens when I was 8.

It just annoys me that people expect the government to raise their children. Then again those age ratings are for the shops and should be more considered as a guidlines for the ignorant :p.

Pluvius

I like when the US government tries to raise adults, like when they ban trans fats. Hilarious.

I just wish it didn't get in the way of me getting delicious food.

Tcatomon

Vincentdante;64191 said:
well it's good that it is illegal to SELL to minors, there is nothing stopping the parents from buying it though. I believe parents should have the right to buy the games if they feel it won't hurt their child in anyway.

Oh, yeah. There's nothing that says a parent can't buy it for their kid if the parent realizes it's for "adults". I don't expect many RESPONSIBLE parents to let little Billy play Ninja Blood Orgy 4 though. It's like getting into an R rated movie at 9.. so long as there's an adult in the group no one says a word.

And since when did the US ban trans fats? o_o The US is the most obese country in the world.. so it's not like they aren't doing the country a favour <_<

Pluvius

It's becoming more & more widespread. Philadelphia has a ban on it citywide. & I'm an adult who should have the right to eat what I want to eat.

Americans only tend to be fat because we can afford it, anyway.

Tcatomon

Americans are fat because they lack the willpower to eat healthy and most are spoiled and lazy, it's not because they can afford it. Walk by a McDonalds sometime and see how many people waddle in the door. Money has nothing to do with it...It's the idea of convince. Even the "healthy" meals in fast food restaurants are laced with sugars to keep them from rotting on the counters. I've worked in food service for two years. North Americans are pigs, I'm sorry to say >_> (They're also rude and obnoxious).

^I would like 3 extra large big mac meals, a quarter pounder meal and 5 hamburgers please, I would like a diet coke with that though since I'm on a diet :p.