"Data Squad" - German Dub!

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
OK :). I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. They are too inconsistent. But I guess they aren't too bothered with Cockatrimon (prob changed because of "Cock") because of the seven (something like it) year gap between these two seasons in question. I guess they don't think there are that many devoted fans who have been here since the start.

Ingrimm

It was great to see BomberNanimon back in action... ^^

I guess nobody in Germany wants to spend the money on editing the show, so they just keep it the way it was. And that's actually a good thing... *g*

I already get used to the German voices. It's strange how my opinion on some characters changed because of the "new" voices... I think I like Marcus a lot more than before. He just sounds more likable... Same goes for Thomas. All characters sound a bit younger to me than in the original... Yoshino's voice still bothers me. She's the only one who got less likeable.

Funny thing: They refereed to Chrysalimon as an Adult Digimon.
Why is that funny? oO

Ingrimm

Johnzaloog;17673 said:
Because Adult is the japanese name for the champion level, which the german dub uses.
I just realised that when I saw the episode again on Youtube.
It sounded pretty natural because the announcer just said "Ein ausgewachsenes Digimon mit festen Körper" ("A grown-up Digimon with a hard body"), so I didn't notice it when I watched it for the first time. "Adult" is normally translated as "erwachsen", but that word wasn't used.

Speaking of Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9uatSmHp4&feature=PlayList&p=BDF7CBDF61DCB420&index=0
Great playlist with all German episodes. I'm afraid it won't be there too long. :(

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
MugenSeiRyuu;17547 said:
Hmm, today was the BomberNanimon Epi.
As expected, he was still a giant walking Bomb and NOT a Citrusfruit.

Saw that coming a mile off - no suprises really as German dub doesn't cut stuff/change stuff as bad (even when it has to be changed) as the USA.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Ingrimm;17685 said:
"Adult" is normally translated as "erwachsen", but that word wasn't used.

Oops, I nearly questioned you there. When you said it normally translates, I thought you ment they use this word instead of "Champion" and was about to quote many episodes. My bad~

Ingrimm

Johnzaloog;17687 said:
Oops, I nearly questioned you there. When you said it normally translates, I thought you ment they use this word instead of "Champion" and was about to quote many episodes. My bad~

Are you from Germany? Nevertheless, here we go... :D

Japanese/Englisch/German
Digitama /Digiegg /Digiei
Baby I/Fresh/Baby
Baby II/In-Training/Ausbildung
Child /Rookie /Rookie
Adult /Champion /Champion
Perfect /Ultimate /Ultra
Ultimate /Mega /Mega

All I wanted to express was that they didn't say that Chrysalimon was on "Level Adult", they just paraphrased it. All in all it sounded to me like they just translated the Japanese script without thinking about the "proper Digimon terms". ;)

Ingrimm

Johnzaloog;17673 said:
Because Adult is the japanese name for the champion level, which the german dub uses.
I just realised that when I saw the episode again on Youtube.
It sounded pretty natural because the announcer just said "Ein ausgewachsenes Digimon mit festen Körper" ("A grown-up Digimon with a hard body"), so I didn't notice it when I watched it for the first time. "Adult" is normally translated as "erwachsen", but that word wasn't used.

Speaking of Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF9uatSmHp4&feature=PlayList&p=BDF7CBDF61DCB420&index=0
Great playlist with all German episodes. I'm afraid it won't be there too long. :(

celestial_sacred

Ingrimm;17691 said:
Japanese/Englisch/German
Baby I/Fresh/Baby
Child /Rookie /Rookie
Perfect /Ultimate /Ultra
Ultimate /Mega /Mega

Hey I learnt something new! Ultra... XD
What does ausbildung stand for? In-training?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Ingrimm;17685 said:
"Adult" is normally translated as "erwachsen", but that word wasn't used.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ausbildung translates to training (if i rememeber my German "training" from when at school right)

Ingrimm

Johnzaloog;17687 said:

Are you from Germany? Nevertheless, here we go... :D

Japanese/Englisch/German
Baby I/Fresh/Baby
Child /Rookie /Rookie
Perfect /Ultimate /Ultra
Ultimate /Mega /Mega

All I wanted to express was that they didn't say that Chrysalimon was on "Level Adult", they just paraphrased it. All in all it sounded to me like they just translated the Japanese script without thinking about the "proper Digimon terms". ;)

Ingrimm

Vande;17712 said:
Ausbildung translates to training (if i rememeber my German "training" from when at school right)

Yeah, that's right. It could also be translated as "development", "education" or "instruction". :]

celestial_sacred;17709 said:
Ultra... XD
"Ultra- is a prefix from Latin that means "beyond.""
I think that was changed because "Rookie" and "Champion" are terms that are used in Germany, too. However, "Ultimate" doesn't sound German at all, and the German word "Ultimativ" isn't that much better. So we just used "Ultra". ^^

(I guess we have some weird preference for this word. The "Final Smash" in Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be called ..."Ultra-Smash"... ^^)

celestial_sacred

Ingrimm;17691 said:
Japanese/Englisch/German
Baby I/Fresh/Baby
Child /Rookie /Rookie
Perfect /Ultimate /Ultra
Ultimate /Mega /Mega

Hey I learnt something new! Ultra... XD
What does ausbildung stand for? In-training?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ingrimm;17715 said:
Yeah, that's right. It could also be translated as "development", "education" or "instruction". :]

I don't remember much of it but that i do so yay^^

Ingrimm

Vande;17712 said:

celestial_sacred;17709 said:
Ultra... XD
"Ultra- is a prefix from Latin that means "beyond.""
I think that was changed because "Rookie" and "Champion" are terms that are used in Germany, too. However, "Ultimate" doesn't sound German at all, and the German word "Ultimativ" isn't that much better. So we just used "Ultra". ^^

(I guess we have some weird preference for this word. The "Final Smash" in Super Smash Bros. Brawl will be called ..."Ultra-Smash"... ^^)

Ingrimm

Great episode, they didn't even try to translate the pun on words (bridge/sticks), but all in all Marcus, Thomas and Yoshino sound like a great team. It's like they "found their voices"... ^^

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Not as good as the Original ones, but they improve. Personally I think that Masaru´s VA tries to sound funny.

Funny thing is that a lot old Digimon VA´s are back

Agumon: Agumon
Raramon: Piyomon
Touma: Takuya
Drimogemon: Not a Digimon VA, but Spongebob. *shudders*
Meramon: Majin Buu
Neon: Pinocchimon, Junpei
Box Trainer: BlackWarGreymon

Now imagine a BlackWarGreymon as an actual Box Trainer !

Digimon Names so far seem to be translated from Japanese. Even if there are a few mistakes.

Also, they really have a Problem with Gaomon´s and Gaogamon´s Attack Names, aswell as keeping Agumon´s and GeoGreymon´s Tech´s separated.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Ingrimm;17715 said:

I don't remember much of it but that i do so yay^^

Ingrimm

Yeah, while the German dub doesn't care about changes and censors, it doesn't have this "love to the detail" of the American version. So we have to bother with some inconsistencies and often the translation seems to be very lazy. "DigiDex" is just... wrong. Nevertheless, whenever I think of Citramon I know which dub I prefer... ^^

(Of course the original will always be the best... It's just the way it's supposed to be... ;))

Ingrimm

Great episode, they didn't even try to translate the pun on words (bridge/sticks), but all in all Marcus, Thomas and Yoshino sound like a great team. It's like they "found their voices"... ^^

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true.

I´m not sure, but could it be that the German Dub gets worse with each series ?
( there are a alot biased German so called Digimon Fans who claim that Digimon gets worse with each series ( they are all into Adventure and basically only claim that due to the Adventure Crew not being in the Others ), but I say that´s only the the Quality of the Dub )

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Not as good as the Original ones, but they improve. Personally I think that Masaru´s VA tries to sound funny.

Funny thing is that a lot old Digimon VA´s are back

Agumon: Agumon
Raramon: Piyomon
Touma: Takuya
Drimogemon: Not a Digimon VA, but Spongebob. *shudders*
Meramon: Majin Buu
Neon: Pinocchimon, Junpei
Box Trainer: BlackWarGreymon

Now imagine a BlackWarGreymon as an actual Box Trainer !

Digimon Names so far seem to be translated from Japanese. Even if there are a few mistakes.

Also, they really have a Problem with Gaomon´s and Gaogamon´s Attack Names, aswell as keeping Agumon´s and GeoGreymon´s Tech´s separated.

Ingrimm

The producers of the dub don't care that much about the series, I suppose. Back in the old days *g*, Digimon was the next big thing. Now nobody cares about it any longer in Germany...

Of course the "downsized dub" has its very own advantages, like a lot of original names. (I think they are forced to use the American dub names like DemiMeramon and so on, but obviously nobody seems to be bothered by this.) It's great to hear "DigiSoul... aufladen!" Things like this just make me happy... ^^

As I said before, I'm pleased by the performance of the main characters and Digimon. The supporting characters sound very stiff and they use another sound effect for the evolved Digimon every day... But I can live with that... :]

Ingrimm

Yeah, while the German dub doesn't care about changes and censors, it doesn't have this "love to the detail" of the American version. So we have to bother with some inconsistencies and often the translation seems to be very lazy. "DigiDex" is just... wrong. Nevertheless, whenever I think of Citramon I know which dub I prefer... ^^

(Of course the original will always be the best... It's just the way it's supposed to be... ;))

Ingrimm

"DemiDevimon" and "Vilemon" were used in the last episode. :-(
Sometimes we get the Japanese name, sometimes the English version and sometimes we get a romanization... I don't like those inconsistencies. -.-

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true.

I´m not sure, but could it be that the German Dub gets worse with each series ?
( there are a alot biased German so called Digimon Fans who claim that Digimon gets worse with each series ( they are all into Adventure and basically only claim that due to the Adventure Crew not being in the Others ), but I say that´s only the the Quality of the Dub )

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true. They also said that their Attack was Demi Dart, but in the Adventure Dub it was Giftpfeil ( Poison Arrow ).
The PicoDevimon also referred to eachother as Sisters.
And they downplayed the Dangers of Nightmare Shokc in the Analyzer, saying that one will dream bad for a long time, while in the original one may never wake up again.

They seem to care less about the Dubs being proper these days. I´m not pleased with that. And really wish that Yoshino and Raramon would getter better fitting VAs. Piyomon´s VA does not fit all. Palmon´s would have been so much better. And they are totally inconsistent with most attack names.

Also seems that we get some more old voices.

Yushima: Monzaemon
"Digidex": Armadimon
Shiratori: Mummymon
Koichiro: Takato

Tomorrow Piyomon, Falcomon, Gotsumon and Mercurimon will make their Debuts....Wonder how many old voices will return.

Ingrimm

The producers of the dub don't care that much about the series, I suppose. Back in the old days *g*, Digimon was the next big thing. Now nobody cares about it any longer in Germany...

Of course the "downsized dub" has its very own advantages, like a lot of original names. (I think they are forced to use the American dub names like DemiMeramon and so on, but obviously nobody seems to be bothered by this.) It's great to hear "DigiSoul... aufladen!" Things like this just make me happy... ^^

As I said before, I'm pleased by the performance of the main characters and Digimon. The supporting characters sound very stiff and they use another sound effect for the evolved Digimon every day... But I can live with that... :]

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I really need to cath up, i've only seen the first 2 eps. I hear there's some worry though.

Don't worry, be happy~

Ingrimm

"DemiDevimon" and "Vilemon" were used in the last episode. :-(
Sometimes we get the Japanese name, sometimes the English version and sometimes we get a romanization... I don't like those inconsistencies. -.-

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true. They also said that their Attack was Demi Dart, but in the Adventure Dub it was Giftpfeil ( Poison Arrow ).
The PicoDevimon also referred to eachother as Sisters.
And they downplayed the Dangers of Nightmare Shokc in the Analyzer, saying that one will dream bad for a long time, while in the original one may never wake up again.

They seem to care less about the Dubs being proper these days. I´m not pleased with that. And really wish that Yoshino and Raramon would getter better fitting VAs. Piyomon´s VA does not fit all. Palmon´s would have been so much better. And they are totally inconsistent with most attack names.

Also seems that we get some more old voices.

Yushima: Monzaemon
"Digidex": Armadimon
Shiratori: Mummymon
Koichiro: Takato

Tomorrow Piyomon, Falcomon, Gotsumon and Mercurimon will make their Debuts....Wonder how many old voices will return.

Ingrimm

MugenSeiRyuu;17959 said:
Might get interesting. I just hope they don't screw up Nanami...

Fun fact: Two days left and we catch up with the American dub. :D

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
I really need to cath up, i've only seen the first 2 eps. I hear there's some worry though.

Don't worry, be happy~

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ingrimm;17963 said:
Might get interesting. I just hope they don't screw up Nanami...

You mean like every other female Character in this Dub so far ?

Imagine Mimi as Nanami.

Ingrimm;17963 said:
Fun fact: Two days left and we catch up with the American dub. :D

Definately has an Advantage if it airs from Monday till Friday instead of just once a week.