"Data Squad" - German Dub!

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
The US Opening ? That is an Opening ? Looks more like a short clipshow with some re-used Power Rangers Music.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Ok, first of all, THE US OPENING IS NOT THAT BAD.

Second, I kinda like the German opening as well. There seems to be somethign kind of missing, but all of the energy from 'Going! My soul' is there, and it's a nifty version of the song. Are the lyrics basicly translated from the Japanese verison, or are they re-written?

The voices seem pretty good, Yoshi and Agumon's voices seem to be somewhere in between their U.S. and Japanese counterparts. Marcus' voice is good, but he really needs to sound...even slightly threatening. His yell when Agumon tried to eat him was amusing though.

Agumon calls Marcus 'Big Brother' from what I hear, correct?

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
*watches some of the German dub* Augumon sounds... WOW his voice is deep o__o I think I like everyone elses VAs better than the English <_< Dispite I have NO IDEA what's being said XD

...strangely enough I've never seen the US opening. *twitches and dies after pulling it up on Youtube* Must...bathe...in acid... now.

Ingrimm

Hagaren Gao;16973 said:
Are the lyrics basicly translated from the Japanese verison, or are they re-written?

The lyrics are very similar, but it's no direct translation. I'd say they tried to keep the general atmosphere of the lyrics and fit it into the German language.

Hagaren Gao;16973 said:
Yes, he does. It's sounds very likeable and more emotional than "boss". :rolleyes:

Ingrimm

Tcatomon;16968 said:
Must...bathe...in acid... now.
xD

It would be nice if our German members would write their own little "review" of the episode, I'd like to read your impressions! :]

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
brother does sound better. English people would laugh at masaru being called Chef.

But why did they change "Glaub Daran"?

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now

Second, I kinda like the German opening as well. There seems to be somethign kind of missing, but all of the energy from 'Going! My soul' is there, and it's a nifty version of the song. Are the lyrics basicly translated from the Japanese verison, or are they re-written?

The voices seem pretty good, Yoshi and Agumon's voices seem to be somewhere in between their U.S. and Japanese counterparts. Marcus' voice is good, but he really needs to sound...even slightly threatening. His yell when Agumon tried to eat him was amusing though.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Original name was Believer. That would translate into Gläubiger. Which is also another word for Schuldner, which translates Debtor.

Ingrimm

Hagaren Gao;16973 said:
Are the lyrics basicly translated from the Japanese verison, or are they re-written?

The lyrics are very similar, but it's no direct translation. I'd say they tried to keep the general atmosphere of the lyrics and fit it into the German language.

Hagaren Gao;16973 said:
Yes, he does. It's sounds very likeable and more emotional than "boss". :rolleyes:

Ingrimm

Episodes 2+3:
Marcus' mother and sister have very good voices. You actually get the feeling that the three of them are a family. I'm also very pleased by Thomas' voice actor.
Both Gaogamon's and GeoGreymon's voices sound a bit strange because of some kind of reverberation effect. However, Sunflowmon sounds exactly like Lalamon... oO

Nevertheless: Nothing was cut and all in all I'm still very pleased about our dub. :]

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
brother does sound better. English people would laugh at masaru being called Chef.

But why did they change "Glaub Daran"?

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Hagaren Gao;16973 said:

Yes, the US opening is not that bad, so there's no need to bash it and compair two dubs compair to their original. I happen to like the Digimon English dub. What's done is done, german dub is great, great, you can watch it, but no need to try and bash the English dub when it now has nothing to do with the german one. Let us Americans bash it if we want since we're the ones watching it. :D

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Original name was Believer. That would translate into Gläubiger. Which is also another word for Schuldner, which translates Debtor.

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
It isn't your privilege to point out things bad about your country. No one here "bashed" the US opening. People voiced their opinion in a matter of fact tone, meaning, they mentioned they didn't like it. Stay on topic, kthx.

Ingrimm

Episodes 2+3:
Marcus' mother and sister have very good voices. You actually get the feeling that the three of them are a family. I'm also very pleased by Thomas' voice actor.
Both Gaogamon's and GeoGreymon's voices sound a bit strange because of some kind of reverberation effect. However, Sunflowmon sounds exactly like Lalamon... oO

Nevertheless: Nothing was cut and all in all I'm still very pleased about our dub. :]

Ingrimm

Kazemon15;17178 said:
What's done is done, german dub is great, great, you can watch it, but no need to try and bash the English dub when it now has nothing to do with the german one. :D
Of course you can compare them:
-faithful translation
-cuts
-soundtrack

But actually I don't want to. I know very well that the German dub is far from perfect and that it has its downsides, too. So no need to argue. ;)

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Hagaren Gao;16973 said:

Yes, the US opening is not that bad, so there's no need to bash it and compair two dubs compair to their original. I happen to like the Digimon English dub. What's done is done, german dub is great, great, you can watch it, but no need to try and bash the English dub when it now has nothing to do with the german one. Let us Americans bash it if we want since we're the ones watching it. :D

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I think the Qulity has let down a bit.

-Transform instead of Transport.
-Dorimogemon instead of Drimogemon (also sounded like Spongebob )

Interesting note, Touma´s VA voiced Takuya in Frontier. So he went from Goggleboy to Lone Wolf. That means that the next time he would be the one who stops those two from beating up eachother. ( usually a Girl ). Scary.

We kept PetitMeramon.

German GeoGreymon sounded like German Greymon at first, but looks like they are trying different effects on his voice. Raramon´s VA convinved me even more that Palmon´s VA should have been used instead of Piyomon´s. Sunflowmon does just sound like Raramon.

Zelsius

<b>Egosexual</b>
It isn't your privilege to point out things bad about your country. No one here "bashed" the US opening. People voiced their opinion in a matter of fact tone, meaning, they mentioned they didn't like it. Stay on topic, kthx.

Ingrimm

Kazemon15;17178 said:
What's done is done, german dub is great, great, you can watch it, but no need to try and bash the English dub when it now has nothing to do with the german one. :D
Of course you can compare them:
-faithful translation
-cuts
-soundtrack

But actually I don't want to. I know very well that the German dub is far from perfect and that it has its downsides, too. So no need to argue. ;)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true. Same for Dog, he sounds odd.

Hmm, today was the BomberNanimon Epi.
As expected, he was still a giant walking Bomb and NOT a Citrusfruit.

But I think I saw some changes.
They also ate Kartoffelpuffer ( the other only change regarding food so far was Yoshino eating Chocolate Pudding instead of Coffe Jelly and them not being sure if Sayuri´s eggs are fried or Hard-boiled )
Also noticed that Touma and Gao talked about Chika having a strong personality unlike her brother, when she beat him at the Game.
Touma called Yoshino Yoshi.
Chika called Touma Tom, Masaru called him Tommy.

I also noticed them refering to the Digimon Data Base as Digidex in the Drimogemon Epi, a rather unwelcome change.

Tomorrow´s Epi is called "Verliebt, Verlobt, Vergessen", despite Yoshino neither actually loving Neon ( what doesn´t mean that she has no feelings for him ), nor engaging with him.

The Digimon Analyzer is voiced by Armadimon´s German VA.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I think the Qulity has let down a bit.

-Transform instead of Transport.
-Dorimogemon instead of Drimogemon (also sounded like Spongebob )

Interesting note, Touma´s VA voiced Takuya in Frontier. So he went from Goggleboy to Lone Wolf. That means that the next time he would be the one who stops those two from beating up eachother. ( usually a Girl ). Scary.

We kept PetitMeramon.

German GeoGreymon sounded like German Greymon at first, but looks like they are trying different effects on his voice. Raramon´s VA convinved me even more that Palmon´s VA should have been used instead of Piyomon´s. Sunflowmon does just sound like Raramon.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
MugenSeiRyuu;17547 said:
I also noticed them refering to the Digimon Data Base as Digidex in the Drimogemon Epi, a rather unwelcome change.

wow, the digidex, that'd get sued on the spot if that were in the US dub.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
MugenSeiRyuu said:
Dorimogemon instead of Drimogemon
Yeah, I hate that too. The US also from time to time doesn't maintain their naming practices.

In season 3 they called Keramon's Champion Chrysalimon, but in ep 8 of Data Squad changed it to Kurisarimon.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
So true. Same for Dog, he sounds odd.

But I think I saw some changes.
They also ate Kartoffelpuffer ( the other only change regarding food so far was Yoshino eating Chocolate Pudding instead of Coffe Jelly and them not being sure if Sayuri´s eggs are fried or Hard-boiled )
Also noticed that Touma and Gao talked about Chika having a strong personality unlike her brother, when she beat him at the Game.
Touma called Yoshino Yoshi.
Chika called Touma Tom, Masaru called him Tommy.

Tomorrow´s Epi is called "Verliebt, Verlobt, Vergessen", despite Yoshino neither actually loving Neon ( what doesn´t mean that she has no feelings for him ), nor engaging with him.

The Digimon Analyzer is voiced by Armadimon´s German VA.

Ingrimm

MugenSeiRyuu;17547 said:

Yeah... All I thought was "WTF?"... ^^

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
MugenSeiRyuu;17547 said:

wow, the digidex, that'd get sued on the spot if that were in the US dub.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
PrimoPiccolo;17568 said:
In season 3 they called Keramon's Champion Chrysalimon, but in ep 8 of Data Squad changed it to Kurisarimon.

They've been translated differently. Chyrisali would be more accurate, as it refers to chrysilas, a cocoon. Kurisari is how the romanji spells it, as the japanese use l/r as the same *letter*, so just say ku-ri-sa-li-mon and it will sound very much the same.

PrimoPiccolo

MugenSeiRyuu said:
Dorimogemon instead of Drimogemon
Yeah, I hate that too. The US also from time to time doesn't maintain their naming practices.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ingrimm;17602 said:

As did I.

Today was the Keramon-Epi.

Funny thing: They refereed to Chrysalimon as an Adult Digimon.

Remember the little "No male Family Member Dialogue " ?
Here it sounded more like they tried to say "Yoshino we thought you were Lesbian, but now you are having Sex with Neon all the time !" ( Actual words were different, but meaning-wise it´s right ) without saying Lesbian and Sex.

Ingrimm

MugenSeiRyuu;17547 said:

PrimoPiccolo

Johnzaloog said:
They've been translated differently. Chyrisali would be more accurate, as it refers to chrysilas, a cocoon. Kurisari is how the romanji spells it, as the japanese use l/r as the same *letter*, so just say ku-ri-sa-li-mon and it will sound very much the same.
Yeah, I know how they did it, but the inconsistency still frustrates me. That's why I at least appreciated when they re-wrote the American analyzer in season 1 to change Cockatrimon to Kokatorimon, so I already knew to expect it whenever they got around to dubbing Savers ep 1.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
PrimoPiccolo;17568 said:

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
OK :). I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence. They are too inconsistent. But I guess they aren't too bothered with Cockatrimon (prob changed because of "Cock") because of the seven (something like it) year gap between these two seasons in question. I guess they don't think there are that many devoted fans who have been here since the start.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Ingrimm;17602 said:

As did I.

Today was the Keramon-Epi.

Remember the little "No male Family Member Dialogue " ?
Here it sounded more like they tried to say "Yoshino we thought you were Lesbian, but now you are having Sex with Neon all the time !" ( Actual words were different, but meaning-wise it´s right ) without saying Lesbian and Sex.

Ingrimm

It was great to see BomberNanimon back in action... ^^

I guess nobody in Germany wants to spend the money on editing the show, so they just keep it the way it was. And that's actually a good thing... *g*

I already get used to the German voices. It's strange how my opinion on some characters changed because of the "new" voices... I think I like Marcus a lot more than before. He just sounds more likable... Same goes for Thomas. All characters sound a bit younger to me than in the original... Yoshino's voice still bothers me. She's the only one who got less likeable.

Why is that funny? oO

PrimoPiccolo

Johnzaloog said:
Yeah, I know how they did it, but the inconsistency still frustrates me. That's why I at least appreciated when they re-wrote the American analyzer in season 1 to change Cockatrimon to Kokatorimon, so I already knew to expect it whenever they got around to dubbing Savers ep 1.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
MugenSeiRyuu;17547 said:

Saw that coming a mile off - no suprises really as German dub doesn't cut stuff/change stuff as bad (even when it has to be changed) as the USA.