...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
WE CAN START CALLING TEHM SEISMIC SEA WAVES.

So wait, every time you have a pokemon battle over water and you use the moves seismic toss, earthquake, or any move of that sort you kill thousands of innocents through the tsunami you indirectly cause?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
So wait, every time you have a pokemon battle over water and you use the moves seismic toss, earthquake, or any move of that sort you kill thousands of innocents through the tsunami you indirectly cause?
You didn't know that? :-O

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
You didn't know that? :-O

blade isn't a big fan of Pokemon (not enough clawed monsters, although sandslash comes close).

Actually, now that I know it, I want to get the game and teach a water pokemon those moves. Millions shall die because of the dread pokemon ninja trainer Alucard (bladesworn is too long for the character name sadly). I love video game cruelty.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
That's an understatement. Just look at the current body count, it's exponentially less than what was expected for a 8.9 earthquake. Most of the deaths are actually just because of the Tsunami.

Ironic how I'm using a Japanese word a lot, but only because there really is no english word that gives it justice. Extremely large wave with enormous force behind it just doesn't have the ring to it Tsunami does. It's also easier to say.

Tsunami... We used "tidal wave" a lot here in those newspaper here.

Futamaru

Staff member
Technically that's incorrect. A Tsunami is not caused by Tidal forces (well, unless Piccolo blows up the moon again, but that's different story), but by underwater (an underwater volcanic eruption, a earth quake, or an underwater explosion) or above water influences (a meteorite strike). So no, there is no real english equivalent.

It resembles a tide. Well, when tsunami happens sea water will recede, and then a whole lot of water come gushing to the land...

Futamaru

Staff member
That's an understatement. Just look at the current body count, it's exponentially less than what was expected for a 8.9 earthquake. Most of the deaths are actually just because of the Tsunami.

Ironic how I'm using a Japanese word a lot, but only because there really is no english word that gives it justice. Extremely large wave with enormous force behind it just doesn't have the ring to it Tsunami does. It's also easier to say.

There are techniques to avoid certain death for earthquakes, but for tsunami, the only way to stay alive is run to a higher place...

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
It resembles a tide. Well, when tsunami happens sea water will recede, and then a whole lot of water come gushing to the land...

Yes, but it isn't caused by tides unless the moon gets blown up, so technically the term is incorrect.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I still find it ironic that the only relationship in Negima that actually is the most stable is the one between Setsuna and Konoka.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Argh, I need someone with Pokemon Whiiiiiiiiite. D:

I want two Rufflettttttssss.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Can you catch two Rufflets for me?

>_>; I'm not very far in Black, so I really have nothing to offer back. But... eh, whatever you want, I can try getting.
Is that the English name? I haven't really learned the Pokemon's English name.... Are they those little birds?

Also, any specific nature?

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Is that the English name? I haven't really learned the Pokemon's English name.... Are they those little birds?

Also, any specific nature?
Uhhhh.... Washibon! That's what they're called. xD The fat eagles chicks. <3

If you can, one Adamant one. The other one can be absolutely anything. Nature really doesn't matter to me, but it'd be awesome to have an Adamant one.

There's a lot of birds this gen. >_> Swans, Pigeons, Vultures, Eagles.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
Uhhhh.... Washibon! That's what they're called. xD The fat eagles chicks. <3

If you can, one Adamant one. The other one can be absolutely anything. Nature really doesn't matter to me, but it'd be awesome to have an Adamant one.

There's a lot of birds this gen. >_> Swans, Pigeons, Vultures, Eagles.
Want them to have a nickname?

Status
Not open for further replies.