...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
There was this little kid begging his dad for some money to play the game (light bulbs line the edge, they light up one after another and if you stop the light on a red bulb you win whatever that light corresponds to. It cost 50 cents per credit.), but the dad was telling him that it was a waste of money, you would spend more then the item was worth. I put in a dollar, and won on my second try. The father then tried to explain that it was luck, when my brother then came up and said, "So you won something out of that machine again?" I answered, "Yep." The look on the father's face was priceless.

The thing was, I used to play the game all the time. I had a friend who was horrible at the game, but had a lot of quarters. I convinced him that I was good at that game (technically a lie, I had never played the game before), so he let me play. I got lucky my first time, and thanks to the near unending supply of quarters from him, I got scarily good at the game.
XD

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
I am no Japanese, and I don't stay in Japan...

It does affect me, the online dictionary site that I always used is down...

I just wondering if the country you live in is close enough that the tsunami affected where you live too.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Star Driver. Index II on Tokyo MX. Various channels rather put more effort into earthquake/tsunami relief than feeding us leechers anime.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Star Driver. Index II on Tokyo MX. Various channels rather put more effort into earthquake/tsunami relief than feeding us leechers anime.

I'd boycott leeching manga and anime, but I already downloaded three series already, and I would of downloaded Saint Seiya, but I don't have 20 Gigabytes of space on my hard drive.

Futamaru

Staff member
I just wondering if the country you live in is close enough that the tsunami affected where you live too.

At least not me. I stay about 30 km from sea. But tsunami alert was lifted because the impact at Taiwan and The Philippines are not that great...

Futamaru

Staff member
Makes me thing of how Zack a.k.a. Hitomaru a.k.a. whateverhisoldnickis doing in Japan (If he still in Japan)...

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Most likely not. I think Japan is more earthquake prepared than most countries. :D

That's an understatement. Just look at the current body count, it's exponentially less than what was expected for a 8.9 earthquake. Most of the deaths are actually just because of the Tsunami.

Ironic how I'm using a Japanese word a lot, but only because there really is no english word that gives it justice. Extremely large wave with enormous force behind it just doesn't have the ring to it Tsunami does. It's also easier to say.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Tsunami = Tidal wave.

But tidal wave just doesn't sound as frightening. D:

Technically that's incorrect. A Tsunami is not caused by Tidal forces (well, unless Piccolo blows up the moon again, but that's different story), but by underwater (an underwater volcanic eruption, a earth quake, or an underwater explosion) or above water influences (a meteorite strike). So no, there is no real english equivalent.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
:/ Go figures. I haven't been really thinking there. Took the SATs earlier today. Brain's been dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.