...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

suikun245

'Gumi's Test Account
Yeah. Possible. Just mix aluminum with sugar 1st. When you are ready, mix the sodium chlorate with them. Add drops of water should speed it up a lot.

If my prediction is correct, magnesium powder will do also. But magnesium is more expensive than aluminum.
Another thing that reacts with sugar is sulfuric acid. It's the most funny experiment too. Just add 2 spoonfuls of sugar in a beaker (or any glassware that can withstand heat), then pour in concentrated sulfuric acid (<96%), you will see a nice column of CARBON! XD
You'll need:

1) Conc nitric acid
2) Conc sulfuric acid
3) Cotton Wool
4) Sumlight
5) Fire source that makes you ignite the wool without hurting yourself

Method:

1) Place your cotton wool in a glassware, preferably wide mouth for convenience of taking it out later.
2) Pour in some nitric acid, just pour in enough amount to make it wet.
3) Pour in some sulfuric acid. A bit will do (few drops). Sulfuric acid will become the catalyst for the reaction between nitric acid and the cotton
4) Dry the cotton
5) Light up the cotton in an open space and far from anything and anybody.
:-O Gonna try to remember these. Might become some ideas for my final Chemistry lab (make our own xD).

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Finally got BW. :D

A classmate is seriously trying to get the event Celebi from me. xD

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Making cosplay weapons requires math formulas to figure out the dimensions in real life. Ironic, those math classes did come in handy....

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
NcJwy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.