Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pluvius;67755 said:
I don't think very many people want to see much of Zero. The X series should stay seperate, & Zero's creation is a lot better because it's mysterious.
You must not be very familiar to the Rockman universe if you said that. If I recall correctly, when Zero first appeared, lots of people went "ZOMG I wants to play that guy!"

I mean, lots of people jumped at the chance to play as Zero. Especially after he got his sword. By saying that people don't wanna know is, well, ignorant. After all, it seems to me that everyone but you wants to know... You're the only person here so far that doesn't want story.

Zero reminds me of protoman in many ways, might be the obvious resemblances :p but he is still my fave character especially in X5 (which to me was the last REAL X game although many will disagree I know).

Anyway back on topic does anyone know if this will be a global release since it's going on sale online only (like Siren or Ratchet and Clank on PSN), or will those lucky japanese players get their hands on it first?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, since both the US and Japan seem to be up to date, I'm guessing that it's gonna be global, but I could be wrong...

As for Zero reminding of Protoman... I can only say that I agree if we're speaking of the Network Timeline. Protoman/Blues does not have a sword in the Robotics Timeline...

Thanks role, and I was poking at both timelines in that but your right its more obvious in battle network, I was thinking of the zero buster from the early games and how he reminded me of how protoman played in megaman powered up.

Pluvius

Role;68067 said:
You must not be very familiar to the Rockman universe if you said that. If I recall correctly, when Zero first appeared, lots of people went "ZOMG I wants to play that guy!"

I mean, lots of people jumped at the chance to play as Zero. Especially after he got his sword. By saying that people don't wanna know is, well, ignorant. After all, it seems to me that everyone but you wants to know... You're the only person here so far that doesn't want story.
I wanted to play as Zero when I was like 12. Even then, not all of the fanbase wants him to be center-stage. Even then, the classic series should, IMO, be left to the people who like it. Zero had his run in half of the X series, all of his own series, & being the majority of Model Zx' basis in ZX & ZXA. Even after all that, giving fans what they want all the time is not always the best idea. Sega did that with the Dreamcast & bombed, Planetside was ruined with the introduction of mechs, & that Star Wars MMO had Jedi ruined by making it easier to obtain.

What? Your comparing a playable character in megaman to the fall of a console which only happened because Sega released to close to the PS2 which got a lot more hype (a shame the Dreamcast was a great console, to bad Sega's business skills have always failed them) and two MMO. That's silly.

I do see what you are trying to say though however your concern lies in the games story (in this case a certain side characters focus in the story which is a valid argument I will give you) while your comparison was comparing that to the erm features (I guess you were pointing to) of a console and the in game mechanics of two completely different games. If you want to argue against Zero becoming the focus of the timelines plot for a lot of it, it might be better to compare it to a similar argument such as for example Kingdom Hearts 2 and how the focus was taken away from the main character onto a side character for the first few hours of the game. Ok bad example.

Unfortunatley arguing against different playable characters won't go far since all they are there for is to entertain players, unless they changed the game so drastically you actually stopped having fun.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pluvius - Explain your failure of logic. I didn't understand a single word you just said.

In a kind of twisted way if capcom never let us play as zero imagine how mysterious he could have been, and that inevitable fight in X5 would have been even more awesome (probably).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
ZX would have been completely different... Zero made the basis of the sword/gun gameplay, which ZX is a follow up to (similar to Original --> X. It's why I say the next series will probably introduce new gameplay mechanics). So after the X series, we'd probably have X's followup... Ooh! Or maybe the Guardians! We'd play as the guardians!

Or Rockman would have been dropped altogether...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Going back on the argument that Zero takes up more "space". You seem to forget Zero was supposed to be the star of the X series. Halfway through development of X1 Inafune realized it was becoming something else other than what fans would expect from the "Blue Bomber" series that he was pushed to the side and became X's best friend. It wasn't until later he wanted Zero to be the star of his own game ... and we got the Zero series because both he and the fans wanted to specifically play as Zero.
Arguing Zero takes up half of the X games is like saying Roll, Protoman and Forte take up too much of the classic series.. because you get the option to play as them too.

Pluvius;68107 said:
Even after all that, giving fans what they want all the time is not always the best idea.
Yes, because if companies made games that people didn't want they'd sure make a lot more money!

Pluvius

I just feel that Zero ought to stay out of the classic series. He's had tons of time to shine, & there are other places in the timeline where he can shine more that don't interfere with the fans that would prefer him out of classic.

Good thing he isn't in it then, I think your worrying over nothing here Pluvius it's the same thing as good old X, even though he was made by a classic series character we don't hear wind of him until the X series anyway. Any news of it otherwise is only a fan theory until we see it happen, which I doubt it will.

Tcatomon

^ Agreed. Though there are hints scattered here and there on Zero: Zero's appearance in the ending of power battle and Wily's hint at the end of Rockman and Forte about him building something better than Forte to combat Rock.

Pluvius

There are those that want Zero in the classic series, & some even want some dumb cataclysm. I'm not terribly worried, as I'm confident that Inafune wouldn't want to mix Zero into that anyway.

Generally I can't stand fanboyism unless they are smart enough to see two sides of any argument imo.

As a result I tend to avoid forums unless I like the community, you guys are great to talk with we have decent arguments and debates with all sides making fair points so I stay, having a good laugh along the way :).

My point here is I tend to ignore those kinds of people that talk out their ass as if what they want is the right and only way it should go, it is for the best that they are ignored. I could give you loads of examples from fan forums from other games, you get these kinds of people everywhere trust me.

EDIT: Speaking of things off topic it appears the mods have forsaken this thread :p we have been off topic for a while now lol

Tcatomon

Speaking of arguments and fanboyism that springs completely from the ass and has no relevance and doesn't add to the conversation ...

Yeah, Vince.. I'm kind of glad the mods split. So we're off topic? We keep coming back to it on our own eventually :'P
I know what you mean about avoiding forums though. This is about the only topic on DATS I've even bothered to post in. I.. honestly don't even understand half of what goes on around here. Usually I just download and split. Alot of the daily post stuff isn't relevant to my interests. lol.