Rockman 9 - Collected info & rumors

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
-Series? I said nothing of series. I said game. With each new GAME we get more.

-HA! You thought I was talking about graphics? You fail!

-Even the original evolved past generic platformer shooter...

-No, I put nothing in your mouth. This entire time, I've been talking about plot. You're the one who assumed otherwise and went all graphics-fanboy on us, and went basing graphics in a discussion about plot. Forgive me then, for thinking you were talking about the same thing. <_<

-Dash, climbing, armor building, charging weapons, yeah, X got an overhaul in GAME MECHANICS. Again, I spoke of plot...

-Twisting your words? No, this is called taking you literally. You know, at face value. You said all Rockman Games are Rockman Clones. Since we've got a network timeline going, which is an RPG rather than your typical Rockman game, I couldn't resist. This was more me teasing you than anything.

-An idiot is someone who at some point in time has done something that is stupid, that they regret. Thus, by this definition, everyone who has ever existed, currently exists, or ever will exist, will regret doing or saying something, and thus, by default, are idiots. There is no exception to this rule: Everyone is an idiot. This definition is by today's meaning of idiot, which is not an abscence of intelligence, but rather lapse in judgement. Example: You slip up and bang your head on something, and your friend next to you laughs and calls you an idiot. It does not mean you have a lack of intelligence in this case, but rather made a little error in judgement that caused you to hit your head.

Why do I have to keep defining idiot? This is like the fifth time on this forum alone...

-Again, you think only in terms of graphics... That's sad... Everything afterwards you attack me out of this misunderstanding. It appears that while I was speaking in terms of plot and lore, you spoke of graphics.

I don't want another 'Megaman saves the world from Wiley... again...' game. I could care less about graphics, I just want SOME storyline going on in there!

Now then, apologies are in order... So...

Yeah, sorry I misunderstood you and continued the argument. Didn't realize you spoke of graphics as opposed to me about plot. Though, I think you probably did the same here... otherwise you wouldn't have attacked my statements about wanting some kind of plot development...

I know you spoke of plot and I confessed to talking about graphics and game mechanics what were you reading when I said that? (Actually if you want a laugh at me I left a huge contradiction in my mini rant, I'm the last person on earth who would defend a games graphics over anything else for me it goes gameplay > story (depends) > graphics).

-An idiot is someone who at some point in time has done something that is stupid, that they regret. Thus, by this definition, everyone who has ever existed, currently exists, or ever will exist, will regret doing or saying something, and thus, by default, are idiots. There is no exception to this rule: Everyone is an idiot. This definition is by today's meaning of idiot, which is not an abscence of intelligence, but rather lapse in judgement. Example: You slip up and bang your head on something, and your friend next to you laughs and calls you an idiot. It does not mean you have a lack of intelligence in this case, but rather made a little error in judgement that caused you to hit your head.

ooh I really like that actually :D nice one

Also I apologize on my part I was really just trying to have a bit of fun with you but sorry if it became personal and yeah I made a mistake innitially as well I assumed you meant the mechanics, in my course I'm being tought how to look at a game beyond things like story and look at what people really want when it comes to playing :)

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Man, I feel so left out. No one's quoting me and trying to pull my jugular out with their teeth <.< ...*cough*

Tcatomon;67698 said:
Man, I feel so left out. No one's quoting me and trying to pull my jugular out with their teeth <.< ...*cough*

you what... are you trying to provoke me with that :p *pulls tcatomons jugular out with my teeth*

Pluvius

I tend to ignore game stories, because in a lot of cases they suck. I do like some, though, but I wouldn't mind if they weren't there, unless it's an RPG or something.

Do you consider Dr. Light is being framed by Dr. Wily a storyline? It's equivalent to 4-6. 7 & 8 didn't get much more complicated. 7 just had the hint that Mega Man realizes he needs to slay Wily, & 8 had a one-off terrible character in Duo, & lots of Evil Energy talk disguising itself as a storyline.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
7/8 actually built up to X a bit. What was that that was said about not repeating the same mistake Wiley said he made with Bass?

As for 9, so far, it looks like just another excuse to kick Wiley's ass. That ain't storyline, it's an excuse, nothing more, nothing less. Basically, they need a reason for Rockman to go and kick some robot master ass, and this is the scenario they used this time.

The question is, can they use this just as a front, or guise, while Wiley works on his story-driving robot...

You know the one I speak of...

Sadly, though... I don't think that the storyline will show up until the very end, after you beat the game and find out what his plan was the whole time (other than trying to take over the world, of course).

Pluvius

I don't think very many people want to see much of Zero. The X series should stay seperate, & Zero's creation is a lot better because it's mysterious.

I'm still meh to the MM story, although as a general rule I am fond of video game story lines and try to understand them. One of my biggest annoyances is when my room mates talk over game cutscenes :p

Tcatomon

Pluvius;67755 said:
I don't think very many people want to see much of Zero. The X series should stay seperate, & Zero's creation is a lot better because it's mysterious.

What's mysterious about it? Forte stole Light's plans for X and made Zero. The only missing link is what happened to him between series... like X was sealed away for 100 years... was Zero just activated prematurely once he 'felt' X come online?

I, for one, am a huge Zero fantard :p more Zero the better. He's got more fangirls than X... >.>

Tcatomon

Forte stole Light's plans for X and he made Zero in turn to be able to stand up to X. Rockman and Forte, MM7 and the two Power Battle games have the whole plots for it... which is probably the only time the series hints at having any sort of connecting plot not only to itself, but to the X series.

Dengar

Come on, it cannot be a total coincidence that Zero and X were built around the same time and have similar properties.

Tcatomon

Plus if you watch the cut scene in X4 in Zero's story Wily says to Zero "...after him, he is my nemesis. Our rivalry is what gives me motivation in life. Now go, destroy him".
I assume "him" being Light and his creations of course, but for what Light did Wily always tried to do better. With X's blue prints Wily would want to go above and beyond it to outdo Light and no doubt destroy Light's new, more powerful robot in some form or another. .. If I totally wanted to read into it and MM9 had any sort of plot we could speculate "destroy him" meant Light's reputation, but I doubt Capcom thought that far ahead and just started pulling stuff out of their arse. :p
Plenty of scenes in later X games confirm Zero was meant to fight X at some point anyway. .. I want to say X6 and X8, but it might be X7 and X8.

Pluvius

Zero was built to destroy X, but he wasn't based on him. Tell me where in R&F or either of the arcade games that was said. All I remember is Zero being in construction at the end of Power Fighters, which, thanks to Zero being made to destroy X, proves that X is not an upgraded Mega Man.

Tcatomon

Pluvius, you're not listening. I said Forte stole X's plans and Wily BUILT Zero. I've not said once he was "based off X". Though I don't see why it couldn't be a possibility, honestly. They're both the first Reploids to come into existence.
If Microsoft stole ideas from Sony for their Ps4 it doesn't mean they're going to make the same system. They'd want to outdo the competition with their own, better, system.