Digimon Savers

MugenSeiRyuu;6203 said:
She still deserves better.

Next one probaby has the Royal Knights or Yggdrasil on it. Last one Agumon "Burst Mode"

BTW: Seems like Ikuto´s Dub Name will be Crier and Gaomon won´t be voiced by Skip Stellrecht in the Game.

I agree :-O. She already doesn't have a song as it is.
And I can't believe that they changed almost all of the main characters' names =___=. Still going to watch it though...probably...if they keep the stupid dialogue to a minimum, maybe...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
veemontamer;6237 said:
Wow thanks for the DVD cover pics.
I'm not too surprised that yoshino ain't get her own cover

Because all the stuff in the past, one would have to be an idiot to be surprised.

Elecmon

I think Yoshino deserves her own cover many times over. She was a great character that didn't get enough attention, and she needs more attention through the DVD covers. She was one of the only ungirly girl tamers aside from Ruki.

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
On a topic that doesn't have to do with Yoshino.
The countdown is on for Data Squad, and so far the only thing that could be remotely considered a vocal preview are the game clips.
Does anyone have an idea on when we should expect TV advertisements and that sort of thing. Obviously it won't be for a while, if at all here on the European side. But, surely someone has an idea.

They're not exactly gonna release this without warning.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
It might take a while. Seems like it won´t come out till October in the US. Germany gets it in Autumn aswell. And seemingly it will be called by it´s original Name "Digimon Savers" in Germany. Therefore we most likely have one based on the Japanese Version. YESSSS !

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
According to someone it´s s a pun:

believe it is meant to be a pun.

the town 'crier', an alternate term for the town crier is the town hawker, or a 'hawker'

so now we have the WORD hawker, what else does hawker mean?

a hawker is a person who hunts with birds of prey (specifically hawks, but it also applies to other birds)

and whats another word for a hawker?

a falconer

it's a complicated pun (im not sure if its a pun, but its wordplay at the very least) that takes a few steps to get to the point, now, if its a good NAME, thats another matter

possibility, is they looked up bird related nicknames in a dictionary or something, found hawker, then looked in a thesaurus for 'hawker', saw 'crier', thought it was another word for a hawker (which it is, just not in the meaning I used for it) chose that

I don´t think kids will get that.
Against that Yoshi is a very nice Dub Name. So far for faithfull to the Original ( again )

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
PLEASE! SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME WIKIPEDIA IS JUST BEING IT'S STUPID SELF AGAIN!!!

Wikipedia said:
Marcus was confused at first because Yggdrasil somehow had the appearance of his Uncle, Sahara Daimon, who disappeared in the Digital World years before. But it was revealed that Yggdrasil took his Uncle's body, and his soul was somehow preserved by BantyoLeomon. After defeating some of the Royal Knights, The DATS team decided to confront Yggdrasil himself, who after being expelled from Sahara's body, transformed himself into Yggdrasil 7D6, an all powerful Digimon determined to destroy the Human World by itself.

Uncle Sahara? What The Heck?!
Please don't tell me that the dub version thought "Father vs Son" was too extreme for US viewing.

Wikipedia said:
5 years later, Ikuto and Kristy, Marcus' sister, go to the same school together. Thomas finally managed to find a cure for his sister's illness and became the youngest scientist to win the Nobel Prize at age 19. Yoshi has become a police officer, and Marcus and Agumon went to explore America.

America? WTF?
What happened to going to the Digital World to "polish up his manliness", and not being able to get out because they didn't know when the gate would open again?

Takayu Syaoran

The GoggleBoy is BACK!!
That's what I thought too, so I fixed it to be acurate.
And within minutes it was back at what I had quoted.
I swear, if it's Uncle Sahara Daimon, and Sayuri and Kristy become Aunt and Cousin, or he's the "Uncle that moved in with his mother".
I will officially renounce all faith I have in the dub of anything.

It still sounds like a load of crap, but, I figured it was worth bringing up, just incase anyone had any non "It's wiki, therefore it's automatically wrong" insight.

GordoBaggins

That's bullcrap. Nimoy himself referred to Suguru as "Quinton's character's dad" when he announced he's be playing him. Quinton's character = Marcus, so enough said there.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Why is it that the Digimon sections of Wikipedia seem more, um, inclined to take "creative liberties" with the source material than other nerdy things I'm into? I mean, seriously, this is a little nuts. XD *continues giggling at the thought of Suguru being dubbed to "Uncle Sahara"*

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I tell you, I'm barely coping with "Marcus," "Thomas," and "Crier," but if they change Masaru's dad to Uncle Sahara, there's no way I'd be able to watch it. Craziness.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
digiboy123;7502 said:
I tell you, I'm barely coping with "Marcus," "Thomas," and "Crier," but if they change Masaru's dad to Uncle Sahara, there's no way I'd be able to watch it. Craziness.

Who's crier? (oh god, please not Ikuto)

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Crier is Ikuto.

Ah Wikipedia ! I need to fix that crap more often ! And add a more detailed article about a certain Savers Character !

Gaomon

Yes, Master!
I would probably be more exicted if I had cable in my apartment. :p The way I see it now, I'll be dropping by my family's house every now and then and I'll check it out if it's on. Other than that it's only curiousity, as is the case with most dubs and me. I've no doubt I'll highly prefer the original.

Edit: WTF Uncle Sahara and Crier? That's so....so lame! I hope that Uncle bit is a lie. But perhaps it isn't, perhaps they'll change Suguru and Sayuri to Masaru's Uncle and Aunt because Sayuri looks so young to be a mom. If Nimoy hasn't announced it to the fans yet though, I have huge doubts that wiki would get there first...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
GOC would have informed the people at WTW if he knew anything about that.
But if that is really true, it will just break away even more from the fatefull dub Nimoy promised.