Data Squad Episode 1 Reactions

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Started catching it on Youtube, not too bad. The OP ain't that good, I think. Masaru voice ain't bad, just needs getting used to. Yoshino's still good. A pretty good dub if you ask me.

EDIT: Finished, I really can't accept that 'employee part'

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Yeah, I know.

"So you had to erase Neon´s memories again ,Yoshino ?"
"Yes, I had to do it after Raramon gave the name of her Nuts Shoot a second meaning."

BTW: Also noticed that they changed Coffee Jelly to Chocolate Pudding.

Ritzbitz8

Hmm... why the heck did the opening have such little focus on Masaru in it?! I saw MachGaogamon, Lilamon, but no RizeGreymon... and Yoshino and Touma's full charge sequences but not his...

Something's fishy in this dub...

jadenik

MugenSeiRyuu;11412 said:
Yeah, I know.

"So you had to erase Neon´s memories again ,Yoshino ?"
"Yes, I had to do it after Raramon gave the name of her Nuts Shoot a second meaning."

BTW: Also noticed that they changed Coffee Jelly to Chocolate Pudding.

Changing nuts shoot to seed blast is not a big deal, neither is the whole coffee jelly to choclate pudding is not a big deal either, what the hell is coffee jelly anyway? Not many people know whtat coffee jelly is anyway.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
MugenSeiRyuu;11393 said:
She still shouldn´t call her Yoshi. She called her Yoshino in the Original and they were still close, possibley way closer than the Dub Version ever will.

Beggers can't be choosers. I think it did make more sense for only Raramon to call her Yoshi. It's like this...we know Japanese call each other by their first name as a symbolization of closeness...in America, we use nicknames as a symbol of closeness...so it makes sense.

And that coffee Jelly looks like chocolate pudding anyway.

I'm suprised no one noticed they made Masaru a year younger than he's supposed to be.

"8th grade" = age 13?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
heard the theme - for sure it aint all that damn bad, in fact i'll go as far to say i like it

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
Vande;11421 said:
heard the theme - for sure it aint all that damn bad, in fact i'll go as far to say i like it

At least they had a good singer sing it and there was no chanting. (the only thing Kazemon15 hates from Frontier, the CHANTING in the song <_<)

celestial_sacred

Ah! A clearer opening! Hey. That's not bad! Why does the dub always end the song with "Digimon!"? ~_~"

Ritzbitz8;11414 said:
Hmm... why the heck did the opening have such little focus on Masaru in it?! I saw MachGaogamon, Lilamon, but no RizeGreymon... and Yoshino and Touma's full charge sequences but not his...

Something's fishy in this dub...

Well ya.. I noticed that too. Maybe Masaru gets the attention each episode. They might think that if viewers see too much of Masaru (okay, Marcus), they'll bore out. >_>

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
QUOTE=jadenik;11418]Changing nuts shoot to seed blast is not a big deal, neither is the whole coffee jelly to choclate pudding is not a big deal either, what the hell is coffee jelly anyway? Not many people know whtat coffee jelly is anyway.[/QUOTE]

For a Raramon & Yoshino Fan it is a Big Deal. And it is an unneccesary change.

Kazemon15;11420 said:
I'm suprised no one noticed they made Masaru a year younger than he's supposed to be.

"8th grade" = age 13?

In the Original he is 2nd year Junior Highschool.

I´m not entirely sure about the US, but by the German School System it works that someone in the 8th grade is 14.

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
MugenSeiRyuu;11426 said:
In the Original he is 2nd year Junior Highschool.

I´m not entirely sure about the US, but by the German School System it works that someone in the 8th grade is 14.

8th grade would be 13 in US, since High School, 9th grade, begins when you're 14. But I understand that grades differ in other countries... like 14 is consitering Junior High in Japan, but High School in America...

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Copied from my post on DS
Wow, I totally blanked and missed the airing last night. Ooops.

Thanks to the owner of azala.net, the opening appeared up on YouTube, and for the poor souls that can't use that, I ripped it and uploaded it.

When you have to face a fight
Be strong, give it all your might
(Digimon: Data Squad)
Unleash your soul
And you will reach your goal!
Prepare to digivolve!
(Digimon)
Never surrender!
Never be outdone!
Cuz the challenge ain't over,
We've only just begun!
Digimon!

Download it here~

Veemon93

..........what?
Yea i hope it will come out in the uk considering they dont show digimon in the uk anymore sigh

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
They say 'unleash your soul' in the theme, yet we get stuck with "DNA Charge"? Unfair.

And I guess like everyone else, I'm waiting for YouTube to get my low quality viewing.

Twilight_Fox

Scar;11351 said:
The only voice that they changed a bit too much was Kudamon o_o it went from being a deep, mysterious voice, to a higher pitched teenager sound xD

But over all it was good. Some of the punch scenes were edited, which sucked, but blah, it's here :D Plus, the translation wasn't changed that heavily either.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTT!?!?!?!? NOOOOOOOOOO not Kudamon <3! I haven't seen it yet but I will. I'm glad about Yoshi only being heard from Raramon (orignal names ftwa). I did see the OP. It's not as bad I expected it to be but it could have been a lot better too... I think Kurata's voice will be comical when we see him (in like 18 weeks)

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
Actually, I thought the voices were pretty cool. Marcus's voice, in my opinion, still has room to grow into being manly, but it was a DEFINITE improvement from the games. I winced when I heard his and Kudamon's voices that time, but I really liked them in the animation.

Now that we know DNA does not actually mean "deoxyribonucleic acid," I can grow to like "DNA Charge."

It's a bit too early to tell, but it seems like the dub is starting off on the right foot. :]

I really hope that Kurata has a normal voice and not the typical nasal one that all American mad scientists are portrayed with.

MugenSeiRyuu;11402 said:
-I miss Masaru calling Agumon a Frog.
-Laaaaaa instead of Ra...Ra...Mon when realizing. That makes Raramon sound hysteric.

- You're not the only one. I wanted to see that joke in action. :-(
- I think she was saying "Laa laa," but the other sounds mixed in it made it sound weird.

I thought it was okay...I was expecting worse ^ ^;;. "Sampson's" voice was good when he was talking to Kudamon. It sounded pretty close to original actually...unless my cold is messing with my ears :D;;. But when he was giving orders..it sounded...choppy? I guess. "Marcus" was...eh...I can deal with it though. Yoshino was good. Agumon was decent. Lalamon was good...a lot like original, I think. I literally went "OMG NO KAMEMON DOES NOT TALK HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SHY AND THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO MAKE JOKES ABOUT HIM NOT TALKING" and started ranting during that scene. I think I scared my brother :D;;. But it wasn't that bad. I'm just waiting for Crispin Freeman as "Thomas." I heard clips and it sounds really nice :3. I just died with the whole Sarah and Kristy part though >>.