Data Squad Episode 1 Reactions

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
Data Squad Episode 1 Reactions

If you watch it, post your reactions up here.

:)

Popoman

I can't watch it because i haven't got the USA Channel :mad:
Are there some site where can i watch the episode in streming?

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Popoman;11262 said:
I can't watch it because i haven't got the USA Channel :mad:
Are there some site where can i watch the episode in streming?

For streaming? No. But you will probably be able to download it later on. No doubt people will rip it for us fans. ;)

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
can't wait...not in a good way though. The whole DNA thing is dodgy, but Jetix in one advert refered to a digispirit. Without digisoul I always wondered how they'd do episode 12 (Chika injection/Digisoul check) and 29 (Banchouleomon asking what is a digisoul)

guilmon93950

Actually I think Chika's digisoul check would make even more sense with it being DNA, that way it's a trait in your genes, not a feeling you conjure to your palm at will.

Devkyu

Wha...?
This is gonna suck SO badly. A total disrespect to the original work. They would save themselves time and money just leaving things as they are.

celestial_sacred

Johnzaloog;11267 said:
can't wait...not in a good way though. The whole DNA thing is dodgy, but Jetix in one advert refered to a digispirit. Without digisoul I always wondered how they'd do episode 12 (Chika injection/Digisoul check) and 29 (Banchouleomon asking what is a digisoul)

Wouldn't digispirit be sorta similar to the human and beast spirits?

Only people who don't know Savers will look forward to it..I think.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Obviously...
My guess about DigiSoul is that people can be tested about having that ability, but it is activated by Emotions. So part of it is gentic, thats why Members of the same Family have the same color, but it is powered by Emotions.

Therefore DigiSoul still makes more sense.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
well it's gonna be DNA Charge so naff all we can do about it, just watch before anyone disses, i didn't like Digimodify but it grew on me

Popoman

Someone are watch the episode?
They have change something?
I want to see it :mad: i want to laugh with the horrible adaptation (don't worry, the worst adaptation is the Mediaset (italian channel) adaptation :D)

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Personally, I've been really curious about the Digivolution voices. Adventure's were very appropriate, but the Tamers dub blew it >_<

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
You know, it just hit me...I wouldn't be able to watch this if I wanted to. We don't get Toon Disney anymore. Only on Digital Cable now, and my television only has basic cable. My grandmother's television and the one my parents watch have Digital.

Meh, doesn't matter either way. I probably wouldn't have watched it even if I could still tune the station in my room since I've already watched a sub of it. Digimon's one of those series where I really have to be in a mood to watch it again if I've already seen it in some form already, unless I watched a dub first and wanted to see what the originals were like.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Devkyu;11285 said:
This is gonna suck SO badly. A total disrespect to the original work. They would save themselves time and money just leaving things as they are.

Yeah....no.

Personally, I've been really curious about the Digivolution voices. Adventure's were very appropriate, but the Tamers dub blew it >_<
yeah, besides the fact that Biomerging aside, the japanese version of tamers handled the Evo voices the EXACT SAME WAY. They (The vocies) never changed until the Mega level, where they had one voice that was different from Digimon or Tamer.

I'm quite curious about the dub theme and evo music, for some reason. Hope it is as good as Frontier (I LIKED the jungle beats, ok?!).

Wonder how much of the Marcus/Agumon fight will get cut.

dantemon

gotta say, so far so good. i did like the old dub opening's better than this one's though, a lot of the dub opening's now dont have as much energy as they should. the voices are good, although marcus's voice is a bit nasally. and i can't tell if there are too many changes. it's like a whole new anime, but in a good way.

ok, spoke a little too soon, the evo and battle music is not very good, and they changed digi-soul to D.N.A. charge? WTF? and i dont like how marcus refers to agumon as his "employee" instead of a "follower," course, that one's just a little annoyance.

all in all, it's half decent. could be better, but it could be alot worse too.

Akaku

コード・ブルー
Eh? It wasn't so bad.

I like how some detail stayed... Like Yoshino's "This is the worst" phrase.

The only part that was censored was when Masaru/Marcus got kicked, but we all knew that would happen, but... at least they kept it somehow, even if it was just with stars.

Not bad, not bad at all.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Yeah, it was pretty good. And hey! I noticed they kept some of the sound effects from the original Japanese track. :]

Royal_Knight

Gallantmon
It was pretty good, better than i thought. the whole "Charge Your DNA" made NO SENSE seeing how DNA isn't energy, and the music was a bit redundant in parts. Overall nice, great VA match-ups