Data Squad Episode 1 Reactions

Honza_N

Devkyu;11599 said:
For someone who is playing a MAIN CHARACTER, Masaru's voice actor is just horrible. I'm honestly wondering how someone legitimately gets paid for a pitiful performance like that. The side characters were better than him and Agumon. I would be utterly ashamed to have a shoddy performance like that that broadcasted.

Well, I say it this way: if Sarah Natochenny (hope I spelled it right), after year of really bad work on Pokémon dub, is still paid instead of being fired immediately, than everything is possible in US dubs. But I must admit I am more easy-going to bad voice acting because I am used for even worser things in czech dubs. But I digress.
On the other hand, I liked Agumons' dub voice. He do good acting and the voice were fitting IMO.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Devkyu;11599 said:
For someone who is playing a MAIN CHARACTER, Masaru's voice actor is just horrible. I'm honestly wondering how someone legitimately gets paid for a pitiful performance like that. The side characters were better than him and Agumon. I would be utterly ashamed to have a shoddy performance like that that broadcasted.
Dude, it's the FIRST FREAKING EP. Give it time, and Quinton will get used to the character. If you had never seen the japanese version before, you'dd think it was fine. But everyone is comparing Marcus to Masaru already. Just give it time.
Honestly, I don't know what they were thinking when they decided to change all of the music. It's an insult to the original work. It changes the entire feel of the series.

Hey, I LIKED the dub music. It was some of the best dub music I have heard yet, to be honest.

Also, weren't the attack names correct in the game? :<
I'm pretty sure they were (But I don't actuallly *own* the game), but then again, so was DigiSoul.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
The music for the insert/evo wasn't too bad actually. I went.. a bit er... "...." when I heard the OP. I lurve Wada Kouji too much. XD Hirari > Dub OP > Gou'ing Gou'ing My Soul. >_>;;

Though the OP does seem a bit more "hacked at" then OP1 did.

Fox Knight

Knight Of Neo Space
Honestly, I'm a little disappoint with Data Squad. I personally have seen every episode of Digimon Savers already so i know what will happen later on. I like the voice acting and the fact that Yoshino's name is still the same, but I wish they used the original Japanese opening "Gou-ing!Going!MySoul!!!" and "Hirari." but I guess maybe later on it'll get better.

Mathais

To be honest, I actually somewhat enjoyed the dub. I liked the voices, for once, and I can't fault the writing at the moment. My initial reaction toward Marcus's voice was that it should be a bit more brusque, but I grew to somewhat like it by the end of the episode. I miss my Digisoul Charge, but I guess it's just America, so I can't say anything. I can also tolerate the music; I love the Japanese version much more, but after the monstrosity that was Frontier's music (I was screaming for FIRE!! and With the Will and The Last Element every time it came on), I can't say I hate it. Overall, it was all right.

GordoBaggins

Personally, I think Marcus sounds just as a 14-year old kid should. Especially one with an arrogant personality, they tend to barely be out of puberty :p His Kon voice really does fit.

I just wanna hear more out of Gaomon than "Sir, yes, sir," which is probably gonna take a while.

dramonmaster222

First Impressions:

It wasn't as bad as I thought. I don't know if I will watch it regularly or not since some of the voices were a little annoying. And the the opening song was a vast improvement over past seasons.

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I.. think I kind of like it despite the fact I watched the first 9 minutes on Youtube. My only ... sort of complaint is Lalamon's voice. It's WAY too high pitched for english. Yes, yes, I know it sounds like that in Japanese... but.. I.. don't know. It kind of hurts my ears x.x;

It is one of the more impressive dubs though, all that aside. The opening's only 30 seconds though? :/ I thought they were generally longer.

GordoBaggins;11641 said:
Personally, I think Marcus sounds just as a 14-year old kid should. Especially one with an arrogant personality, they tend to barely be out of puberty :p His Kon voice really does fit.

I just wanna hear more out of Gaomon than "Sir, yes, sir," which is probably gonna take a while.

Sad part being I heard throughout most of the beginning of the episode...and I never even watched the Bleach dub or even heard Kon's voice. I just knew he played Kon. o___o

But yeah, hearing Gaomon talk more would be nice.

Background music didn't bother me much since the evolution theme had hints of Believer in it. Have to pay attention to opening next time...which is tomorrow if I'm home in time, or on YouTube.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Hey, I liked GGMS.

The only thing I dislike about the dub op is that it's not longer.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
ok i've now see this:
- Masaru/Marcus - urgh i aint liking the voice
- Agu - damnit Takatoness, i want my old Agu
- Lala - too high voice
- Yoshino - not sure yet
- Kame - odd
- Miki + Megumi - again not sure
- Yushima - weird
- GeoGrey - way better than Agu
- Satsuma/Sampson <3
- Kuda <3

Epi 1 didn't leave much good impression on me (minus the OP, Satsuma n Kuda)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Even though it's a little late, Vande made me wanna leave my impressions on the voices too. ;p

- Marcus: I like the vocie, but it's missing that...how do you say it...manliness that Masaru had? It needs more of a...a...*waves arms while trying to think of a word*....
- Agumon: <3
- Lalamon: Sounds almost exactly like Raramon, but her vocie seems a tad wobbly, if you know what I mean.
- Yoshino: Dub Yoshi > Sub Yoshino
- Kamemon: Not bad, but you shouldn't be talking right now...
- Miki + Megumi: Ah..I don't remember.
- Yushima: You're not a main character. I don't care >_>
- GeoGreymon: Dub>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sub
- Sampson: I don't remember the name of the VA, but he sounds good in ALL his roles.
- Kudamon: Great,, although I still would have live to see Mari Devon ;p

Epi 1 didn't leave much good impression on me (minus the OP, Satsuma n Kuda)[/QUOTE]

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
I still prefer GeoGreymon´s Original Voice. Same goe for Yoshino. I somehow like that Voice. It also shows Yui "Gakky" Aragaki´s Development as a Voice Actress.

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Tcatomon said:
The opening's only 30 seconds though? :/ I thought they were generally longer.
The other openings were all a minute long. That's why I vote hunting down Thorsten Laewe, you can just tell Jetix cut it down.

MugenSeiRyuu said:
I still prefer GeoGreymon´s Original Voice.
I think many of us prefer Beacock's because it sounds like a monster. Savers' just sounded like a grown man.

ginge_ranger

I did like this new series ... I aint watched Digimon since Tamers left it's British broadcast ... I liked how this seemed totally different from anything before ... I like that although they used Digimon seen in the past it was like a new spin on it ... And I loved GeoGreymon he was cool!

So far ... High expectations!

(BTW: Was Frontier any good? Considering watching it lol)

amigobro2

ginge_ranger;12479 said:
(BTW: Was Frontier any good? Considering watching it lol)

It really depends on what you consider good or not, it's all just opinions, I personally LOVED Frontier (I even got my friend into Digimon with it), but many others don't, you should just watch it yourself and judge it based on your own tastes!

Hope that helps! :D

ginge_ranger

amigobro2;12480 said:
It really depends on what you consider good or not, it's all just opinions, I personally LOVED Frontier (I even got my friend into Digimon with it), but many others don't, you should just watch it yourself and judge it based on your own tastes!

Hope that helps! :D

Thanks muchly I'll give it a look in