Data Squad Episode 1 Reactions

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
The only voice that they changed a bit too much was Kudamon o_o it went from being a deep, mysterious voice, to a higher pitched teenager sound xD

But over all it was good. Some of the punch scenes were edited, which sucked, but blah, it's here :D Plus, the translation wasn't changed that heavily either.

Kantaro

Wasn't that bad after all. Marcus could use a little voice work, especially on his "AAGUUMOOON!" screams. Either way, I don't care one way or another about the music, as long as we're not stuck with another season of "Digimon, Digital Monsters..." again.

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
I don't like it that they had Kamemon speak though. Nimoy said that characters that don't speak, won't, right? I guess he passed this one right up. >_>

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Yeah, and now that they made him speak, they will have to edit a scene when they are in ElDoradimon(whatever that turtle was called) when Kamemon speaks and they all freak out. :X

Stupid dub errors.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
That...was freaking awesome.

The Opening music was so-so. It's not great, but tolerable. I don't like how they showed Keenan, but I guess he doesn't come in as late as the other Mid-Season characters did in the past, so they may as well.

The BGM was actually...good. Sounded like it could have been the 'real' BGM music, although the evo music was really quiet.

They actually kept 'Evolution' on the screen of the Digivice, that was quite a surprise. Wonder if that will continue for the other evos. Doesn't the Digivice say 'Perfect Evolution' for the Full Charge? That won't make as much sence, but we'll see.

The voices were great. While listening to Agumon in DWDS, I was a little skeptical, but now I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Is it just me, or did Marcus occasionally sound liek Sonic the Hedgehog? o_o

This is nowhere near as crappy as everyone WANTS it to be, and it's even better that I expected! But GAH, two weeks until I can hear Gaomon!!!

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
too bad Akai isnt doin the first couple of epis - so i guess i aint watchin this afterall.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Vande;11378 said:
too bad Akai isnt doin the first couple of epis - so i guess i aint watchin this afterall.

Aw, that's saddening.

Well, I'm sure it will be on Youtube before long. *Pats Vande's back* Stay strong!!!

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Hagaren Gao;11380 said:
Aw, that's saddening.
Well, I'm sure it will be on Youtube before long. *Pats Vande's back* Stay strong!!!

All good for those who are able to use Youtube, as i've stated on god knows how many occasions before i can only have downloads.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
If you quit the whining, I'm sure someone will post it up. >_>

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Vande;11381 said:
All good for those who are able to use Youtube, as i've stated on god knows how many occasions before i can only have downloads.

Worse comes to worse, when someone puts it on Youtbe I'll rip it for you then :/

...In which case you'd probablly have the ep anyway, by then.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
Cartoon-World stated that they will have it out tomorrow :p So don't worry.

One episode a week isn't enough x.x I want to hear other voices ;-;

Kazemon15

AMV Freak
I actually liked the theme song...more fitting than Frontier, I have to admit.

Mugen, the only one who calls Yoshino "Yoshi" is her partner Digimon, considering they're close. Everyone else calls her Yoshino. :)

So NOW will you stop complaining? XD

Yoshino's voice = love.
Agumon's voice = love.
Satsuma's voice = love.
Marcus voice = ...okay, but still needs to grow on me. XD
DNA Charge = Actually sounded alright.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
They made Kamemon speak ? That pretty much opens the room for stupid jokes. Heck, Kamemon is supposed to be a shy Digimon who seldom speaks.

Kazemon15;11387 said:
Mugen, the only one who calls Yoshino "Yoshi" is her partner Digimon, considering they're close. Everyone else calls her Yoshino. :)

She still shouldn´t call her Yoshi. She called her Yoshino in the Original and they were still close, possibley way closer than the Dub Version ever will.

jadenik

MugenSeiRyuu;11393 said:
They made Kamemon speak ? That pretty much opens the room for stupid jokes. Heck, Kamemon is supposed to be a shy Digimon who seldom speaks.

She still shouldn´t call her Yoshi. She called her Yoshino in the Original and they were still close, possibley way closer than the Dub Version ever will.

Kamemon noly asked masaru if he wanted any coffee, thats it, no stupid jokes.

celestial_sacred

I'm just curious.. What's the new opening song? O.O

Ooops...a little late
Thanks Popoman!

Based on the comments here, maybe the dub isn't that bad.. Haha.

Kazemon15;11387 said:
I actually liked the theme song...more fitting than Frontier, I have to admit.

Yoshino's voice = love.
Agumon's voice = love.
Satsuma's voice = love.
Marcus voice = ...okay, but still needs to grow on me. XD
DNA Charge = Actually sounded alright.

Probably "Yoshi" couldn't fit into the mouth movement. XD

DNA Charge might sound alright but the meaning behind it is washed away.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
That for sure.

jadenik;11396 said:
Kamemon noly asked masaru if he wanted any coffee, thats it, no stupid jokes.

I said opens the room.

Opening looks hacked up like all the US Openings. Atleast the Song is not as crappy this time.

Edit: Watched it !

Relative close to the Original.

Now for the bad things:
-OP looks like chopped up and glued together.
-Yoshino says that Masaru was born in Tokyo, that was not in the Original and if that is for indicating the Location of the show, it´s also wrong since they are in Yokohama.
-I miss Masaru calling Agumon a Frog.
-Yushima talking about DNA like that did not really make sense.
-Yoshi. Well atleast it´s only Raramon. That makes it slightly less bad than originally expected.
-Laaaaaa instead of Ra...Ra...Mon when realizing. That makes Raramon sound hysteric.
-Kamemon talked. Pretty much Out of Character for him since he is supposed to be shy and silent. Also opens room for other not so nice things.
-also Nuts Shoot >>>>>> Seed Blast.