Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Voltanis said:
As it turns out, Roadrunner (the pink bird) fits perfectly with Yusei's deck theme. He plays Speed-Warrior Deck.
Well, I'd have known that if I knew what Roadrunner's special ability is. :/

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
It cannot be destroyed by battle if the monster has 1900 or more ATK.

PrimoPiccolo

Voltanis said:
It cannot be destroyed by battle if the monster has 1900 or more ATK.
Ah, that's pretty useful. Of course it would be more useful if it had an ATK closer to Retrained Celtic Guardian. (Way too many 1400-1800 ATK monsters)

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
Well, I watched the first ep of 5Ds.

Pros:

* Yusei looks extremely cool, I like him a lot better design-wise than Yugi and Judai

* Shiny opening end endings. The opening and ending songs aren't half bad themselves.

* Conveiniently placed endless alleyways for long bike duels

Cons:

* Correct me if I'm wrong, but in the copy of the ep I have, the subs call the game D-Wheeler. But it sounds like D-Rider.

* First ep was basicly just showing how cool this new Riding Duel thing was, and DIDN'T EXPLAIN THESE NEW RULES, which was reeeeally confusing.

* I refuse to accept the existance of cops who do their buisness with children's card games. JUST NO.

* Also, the first ep managed to be 23 minutes long and not interesting at all :/ But it does look promising.

PrimoPiccolo

Hagaren Gao said:
I refuse to accept the existance of cops who do their buisness with children's card games. JUST NO.
Well, from what I can gather, the whole Neo Domino thing is supposed to be about keeping the populous in a lurch. And given the Yu-Gi-Oh! world has always kept dueling as their top means of revenue, beating the Satellite rebels in duels would keep their spirits crushed, and they'd stop trying to break the law.

Kind of like the Duel Monsters take on Robin Hood.

PrimoPiccolo

The Yuusei/Jack duel was awesome. So many slick monster effects, nice banter, and then all of a sudden a dragon spirit comes out of nowhere and breaks up the duel, leaving Yuusei and Jack with tattoos on their arms like something straight out of G Gundam. Other than Jack calling Yuusei a clown and himself a king so often, I thought it was a great conclusion to the duel.

Now Yuusei's going to jail. >__>

hwarangoo

Journalists
Vande;47440 said:
Nope i'm wanting subs rather than raws this time. Find me subs and i'll get em :p

I watched the subs :D.
God I love the ds video community. They have quality downloads for episodes that are hard to find.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I downloaded 1-4 not long ago - hoping to keep with 1 sub group for this :p i don't like watching epis on YT prefer em on my pc.

PrimoPiccolo

The old dude's hilarious. But I thought his idiocy was just a cover, I didn't expect him to lose the duel that badly.

Yuusei must really be good if he thinks he can win with that kooky deck.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Sub for Episode 5 is finally out in hardsub format - uploading to MU at the mo. (over 2hrs to go)

PrimoPiccolo

Ep 8 was kind of boring. Yuusei getting read the riot act by Rex, while Jack returns to the Riding Duel after the whole "third dragon" incident. I think I heard Toshihiko Seki voicing his opponent, though, and I LOVE him.