Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
For those who didn't know, Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's premired today at Comic-Con. The actual series won't be on the air until September, so I figured I'd spread a review around. (Copy+Paste for the win~)

Despite the fact that the first ep is really hard to follow no matter what language it is in, the dub was actually pretty good.

First of all, NO names have been changed so far. The main character, Yusei, is occasionally called Yuse , and apparently the name of the Kaiba-alike character changed it's spelling, but all the characters kept their names from the japanese version. As far as I could tell so did the duel monsters.

Surprise #2: All the tezt was kept. Now, for all I know, this could be an unfinished version of the show, but there was definitely no erased text. And this is a 4Kids production! What the world! And on a random note, it was still in widescreen like the japanese verison. They added a bit of backstory to the script, but it was pretty close to what I remember in the subbed verison. Music was bleh. I think they added short segments during the duels to tell the veiwers what some of the carda actually DO, which is actually kind of nice.

Yusei is played by Frank Frankson (That's a heck of a name), who plays Raphael in the new Ninja Turtles cartoon and Tristan in the original Yugioh. He's using his Raphael voice here. Jack Atlus is voiced by the same VA that voiced Bakura (And wouldn't you know it? ANOTHER british accent). Dan Green played another character that I assume is a main character of some sort, and I think I picked up the voice of either veronica Taylor or whoever voiced Mokuba.

Ok, but here's the kicker.

Freaking LittleKuriboh was there, and I was pretty much right next to him! Safty passed out some YugiTAS flyers, which I got autographed. Had some nice Yugi fanart on it too. During the Q&A after the 5D's preview, LK had Frank Frankson say "My voice gives me super strength!", much to Frank's confusion and everyone else's delight.

Randomly bumped into Safty walking around the convention hall . She's really nice. Had a short conversation about the con and stuff.

And that is my 5D's review. Awesome stuff.

Kaitou_Yahiko

*Poke*
Staff member
That Girl With the Hair
I wish I could've seen LittleKuriboh... Anyway I'm happy that they haven't changed names so far as we know. Which is awesome. My brother wants to watch this but he hate's watching them in Japanese. So it's nice that it's getting dubbed (I guess... As long as they don't kill it). So yeah... Awesome.