...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skr

Ishvalastrator
Staff member
I need something that involves some nice dark psychological stuff. So far no anime has really delivered in mind screw.
Ghost Hound. Monster. Mind Game. Ergo Proxy. Kaiji. Ghost in the Shell (the movie, though TV is good, it's not too psychological). Higurashi is, surprisingly, dark and psychological. Satoshi Kon movies. Trapeze (Kuchu Buranko) is pretty psychological, not really dark though. Welcome the NHK is awesome too, sorta in a similar boat with Trapeze. Aoi Bungaku/Blue Literature has some great stories in it, especially No Longer Human -- all will mess with you in some aspect, especially the No Longer Human story.
^ in no particular order. Watch Satoshi Kon stuff though, if you haven't -- those really mess with you more than anything.

Production I.G and Madhouse will be your friends, a lot of their stuff has dark, psychological themes.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
ryan~~~ go work on digimon~~~ whatever you do i'll finish tonight~~~~

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Ghost Hound. Monster. Mind Game. Ergo Proxy. Kaiji. Ghost in the Shell (the movie, though TV is good, it's not too psychological). Higurashi is, surprisingly, dark and psychological. Satoshi Kon movies. Trapeze (Kuchu Buranko) is pretty psychological, not really dark though. Welcome the NHK is awesome too, sorta in a similar boat with Trapeze. Aoi Bungaku/Blue Literature has some great stories in it, especially No Longer Human -- all will mess with you in some aspect, especially the No Longer Human story.
^ in no particular order. Watch Satoshi Kon stuff though, if you haven't -- those really mess with you more than anything.

Production I.G and Madhouse will be your friends, a lot of their stuff has dark, psychological themes.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unless it's worse than Tokyo Akazukin (Did not know what I was getting into that series) I should be fine.

Tokyo Akazukin brings backs some unpleasant memories, and not due to the psychological elements of the manga....

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
halolz-dot-com-pokemon-adviceprofessoroak-singlemothers.jpg

lol

Didn't notice that... XD

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
I watch the original. It is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY more depressing (and boring) than 1.11. Especially like the last 5 episodes. That drove me nuts. In the end, I never watched like the last two episodes of the original.

I didn't quite understand what happened in Eva... Maybe when I watched it I was too young to understand...

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I didn't quite understand what happened in Eva... Maybe when I watched it I was too young to understand...
It made little sense, the original TV series. Especially near the end.

The new movies make more sense. xD

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING

O_O

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
WHAT IS A QUICK WAY (minus facebook) OF CONTACTING FUTA OR ANY OTHER PERSON DECENT IN JAPANESE?!

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
WHAT IS A QUICK WAY (minus facebook) OF CONTACTING FUTA OR ANY OTHER PERSON DECENT IN JAPANESE?!

Don't know.

Why don't you make an emergency contact page, and just not tell anyone but the people you need to contact in emergencies?

I'm pretty sure I'm not on that list....

Though facebook has saved me on occasion when my phone died.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
xD I love how you typed Futa and my names in caps, but left blade's in lower case. xDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.