The Rule Game

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
I stay with my opinion: It´s more fun the way we played...!

1. Except for this one, every rule must state the opposite of them (If you want to make a rule like "tilde at the end", your rule must be "no tilde at the end")
2. No less than six words allowed.
3. all rules must be black

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
I stay with my opinion: The way we played was too confusing.

1. Except for this one, every rule must state the opposite of them (If you want to make a rule like "tilde at the end", your rule must be "no tilde at the end")
4. No more than six words allowed.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
And I get the feeling that the others lost their interest in this game because of it...

5. Every rule mustn´t be struck through

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I somewhat agree with what Matze is saying. But we could try to limit the usage of rules affecting outside things. I mean, okay, requiring a comment is kind of stupid, but requiring something like a fake sig is quite fun and interesting, to see what people come up with.

6. All rules mustn't end in tildes~

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
But so is the "colour from the last 5 posts" rule. I might be lenient on affecting the rest of your own post (i.e. fake sigs), but rules definitely shouldn't reference other posts.

6. All rules mustn't end in tildes~
7. Tildes don't count as words. ~

To clarify, I have six words, counting the tilde.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Alright, I'll just dust this off...

1. A sentence must contain at least one word of each word length shorter than the longest word in the sentence.

(For example, the longest word in that rule is "sentence", which is eight letters long. So, I must have at least one word that is one letter, two letters, etc. up to eight letters long.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Reason this game died: Nobody likes the new rule.

However, I liked this game, the way we played it. And thus I'm reviving it.

So... new set. This time, just let us have our fun? I know this should be a game where one would have to think and be creative in word usage and stuff, but can't we just make it less of that and more of random fun (where it's more mindless)? Confusing as it may be, it still is fun.

1. By the grace of God, I hereby decree, that all rules, henceforth, must start with "By the grace of God, I hereby decree, that all rules, henceforth..." and be in YellowGreen.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Megumi said:
So... new set. This time, just let us have our fun? I know this should be a game where one would have to think and be creative in word usage and stuff, but can't we just make it less of that and more of random fun (where it's more mindless)? Confusing as it may be, it still is fun.

Alright. Just because your argument is so convincing.

1. By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must start with "By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth..." and be in YellowGreen.
2. By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must not, excluding the initial "by the grace of God" statement, contain a word that is longer than the longest word of the previous rule.

Clarification to 2: That is, after the "By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth," bit, none of the words can be longer than the longest word in the previous rule after the "By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth," bit.

Please don't embark on the comma. The way you had it was grammatically incorrect... :D

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I just copied and pasted from the original rule from like set 2. I wasn't really paying attention.

Woah, two sets at the same time. Now this is going to be fun. ^^

1. By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must start with "By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth..." and be in YellowGreen.
2. By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must not, excluding the initial "by the grace of God" statement, contain a word that is longer than the longest word of the previous rule.
3. By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, excluding even numbered rules, must be underlined.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;98730 said:
3. By the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, excluding even numbered rules, must be underlined.

Well, first of all, you completely ignored the "excluding the initial statement" part... that means that "henceforth" is not part of the rule that is affected. The word "underlined" is one letter longer than "statement".

Let's start over, shall we?

1. No rule may contain a word longer than the longest word of the previous rule.

Woah, two sets at the same time. Now this is going to be fun. ^^
Hey, I can have fun too. :D

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;98733 said:
Well, first of all, you completely ignored the "excluding the initial statement" part... that means that "henceforth" is not part of the rule that is affected. The word "underlined" is one letter longer than "statement".

I did not ignore "excluding the initial statement". I completely forgot about your rule when I was trying to think up of a rule of my own. Sorry about that. It just slipped my mind. Stupid things like that happen.

Also, obviously, not everybody on the internet is smart as you. Therefore, not everybody knows programming. Some none at all.

1. No rule may contain a word longer than the longest word of the previous rule.
2. All rules are required to be in purple.

4. No rules, other than those divisible by three, may include programming code of any sort;

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;98734 said:
I did not ignore "excluding the initial statement". I completely forgot about your rule when I was trying to think up of a rule of my own. Sorry about that. It just slipped my mind. Stupid things like that happen.

It's all right, I understand. No hard feelings. :)

Also, obviously, not everybody on the internet is smart as you. Therefore, not everybody knows programming. Some none at all. Also, does it matter what type of code is used?

I wasn't trying to assume intelligence. (There are many, many people who are much smarter than I am, and much more knowledgeable at that.) It matters not what type of code you use, obviously. But please be sure to put comments in there like I did. :)

3. No rule may have words shorter than the shortest word of the previous rule.

4. No rules, other than those divisible by three, may include programming code of any sort;
5. Rules with prime numbers must have every n-th letter marked as bold; where n is the rule number.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
>_>

4. Italicize all rules preceded by an even number.

5. Rules with prime numbers must have every n-th letter marked as bold; where n is the rule number.[/QUOTE]
7. All rules divisible by three are to be skipped;

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
5. All rules must have at least one spellingg error (number of letters are count as written (if you add or leave out a letter, the word is longer/shorter)

5. Rules with prime numbers must have every n-th letter marked as bold; where n is the rule number.[/QUOTE]
8. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, all rules must beginn with "From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth," ;

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
Matze149;98784 said:
5. All rules must have at least one spellingg error (number of letters are count as written (if you add or leave out a letter, the word is longer/shorter)

You both broke rule 1... you each had a 9-letter word ("italicize" and "spellingg") when the longest word was 8 letters. (And rule 5 broke rule 3 with the word "a".)

Anyway, I'll change your rules around a little bit to make them compliant (not really hard, it just requires some tweaking :)

4. Make all rules preceded by an even number italic.
5. All rules must have at least one spelling error (number of lettters are count as written (if you add or leave out letters, the word is longer/shorter)
6. No rule mmay have commas.

8. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, all rules must beginn with "From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth," ;[/QUOTE]
10. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must end with the phrase "so long as we all shall live"; so long as we all shall live.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;98787 said:
Anyway, I'll change your rules around a little bit to make them compliant (not really hard, it just requires some tweaking :)

I can't count for my life. Thanks for letting us go this time. Though next time, just restart, 'kay?

Also, your real siggy is showing... Oh, in the previous one too. You left it in twice. *feels like using her mod powers*

4. Make all rules preceded by an even number italic.
5. All rules must have at least one spelling error (number of lettters are count as written (if you add or leave out letters, the word is longer/shorter)
6. No rule mmay have commas.
7. If either of the two sets are endded, both sets are required to restart.

8. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, all rules must beginn with "From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth," ;
10. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must end with the phrase "so long as we all shall live"; so long as we all shall live.
11. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must underline every n-th letter unless it is preceded by a prime number, thus meaning every n-th is bolded (n being the rule number); so long as we all shall live.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;98812 said:
7. If either of the two sets are endded, both sets are required to restart.

Wow, you really can't count for your life. ¬_¬ And you couldn't follow the rule right after your own... "No rule mmay have commas"...

Alright, let's restart. (Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, rules that break other rules don't apply... :D)

1. No rule may contain any BBCode.
11. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must underline every n-th letter unless it is preceded by a prime number, thus meaning every n-th is bolded (n being the rule number); so long as we all shall live.
13. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, may not start with even numbers; so long as we all shall live. (That is, even numbers are to be skipped.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Zodiac;98815 said:
Wow, you really can't count for your life. And you couldn't follow the rule right after your own... "No rule mmay have commas"...

Before, not after. D:

2. No rule can be longer than nine words.
13. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, may not start with even numbers; so long as we all shall live.
25. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, may not start with a prime number; so long as we all shall live.

Zodiac

Gurren Brigade Member
megumi;98818 said:
Before, not after. D:

o____________o I can't believe I missed that.

3. Three sentences. Seven words. Grammatical correctness optional.
13. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, may not start with even numbers; so long as we all shall live.
25. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, may not start with a prime number; so long as we all shall live.
169. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must not start with a multiple of 5, 7, or 11, so long as we all shall live. (FYI, 169 = 13 x 13.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
3. Three sentences. Seven words. Grammatical correctness optional.
4. Two letter word. Anywhere. At any point.
169. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must not start with a multiple of 5, 7, or 11, so long as we all shall live. (FYI, 169 = 13 x 13.)
a. From now on, by the grace of God, I hereby decree that all rules, henceforth, must not start with a number at all, but instead, a letter, starting with "a"; so long as we all shall live.