Sorry, I killed Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
So you guys know I'll be off the grid for a couple days... if you need me, text me. :p

(I'm going up north where I don't have 3G and the wifi is sketchy... plus I'm not bringing my laptop)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
So you guys know I'll be off the grid for a couple days... if you need me, text me. :p

(I'm going up north where I don't have 3G and the wifi is sketchy... plus I'm not bringing my laptop)
well, if we need you, it's usually due to something exploding or imploding.

...that said, do i eve have your number?

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Hm, well, I live an hour to an hour and a half (to really two hours depending on where is your destination) from Indy. It takes a good hour to get the airport from where I live. xD So I don't know if it's the most convenient. And I would probably only go for one day, if I went, probably Saturday, because then I can just hitch a ride with my mom or something. So... I can't really say for anything else, but the baseline is, I'm fine with guests at my house. xDD

Are there any trains to the city there? And if I were to go to Gencon I'd end up going all days, it's not really worth flying down just for one day.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Hm, well, I live an hour to an hour and a half (to really two hours depending on where is your destination) from Indy. It takes a good hour to get the airport from where I live. xD So I don't know if it's the most convenient. And I would probably only go for one day, if I went, probably Saturday, because then I can just hitch a ride with my mom or something. So... I can't really say for anything else, but the baseline is, I'm fine with guests at my house. xDD

Are there any trains to the city there? And if I were to go to Gencon I'd end up going all days, it's not really worth flying down just for one day.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Well, I think I just killed my computer trying to install a new graphics card.

Something with the drivers has made it get stuck on the bios logo.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
There is an Amtrak station in Indy. And in Lafayette.

But no, not in Bloomington.

Passenger trains in Bloomington died a long time ago.

All we get is coal. And even the coal trains are dying out.

Considering like half the train tracks in Bloomington got converted to a walking path.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
And even the LAF to IND one is only once a day.

Railway infrastructure beyond shipping does not exist in Indiana.

Illinois is another story.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Well, I think I just killed my computer trying to install a new graphics card.

Something with the drivers has made it get stuck on the bios logo.
Drivers don't load until you hit Windows. Windows will still load; just limited resolution.

If you see the BIOS stuff, the vid card physically works.

I had a vid card that was having hardware issues. Where it would die the moment it tried to load the drivers. 8-| Entire screen goes black as the rest of the computer keeps on going. Windows boots up normally, but no image displayed. So, BIOS screen, DEAD. (while the rest of the computer is, BIOS, Windows, oh, windows booted just fine.)

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
If you can't drive in Indiana, you're pretty much fucked.
That said, as I said, I don't know if I will be going to GenCon at all anytime soon. <<;

And that said, transportation WITHIN Indy without a car might be a pain in the rear. I never really looked into public transport in Indy.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Wow, I'm useless. And am tearing blade's dreams apart.

Sorry for being so useless.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Impossible... If it's software problem at least it will reach windows...
Drivers don't load until you hit Windows. Windows will still load; just limited resolution.

If you see the BIOS stuff, the vid card physically works.

I had a vid card that was having hardware issues. Where it would die the moment it tried to load the drivers. 8-| Entire screen goes black as the rest of the computer keeps on going. Windows boots up normally, but no image displayed. So, BIOS screen, DEAD. (while the rest of the computer is, BIOS, Windows, oh, windows booted just fine.)

I actually figured that out. I reset my CMOS manually and it started working again.

Now it just gives me black screens right before the log-in screen, and nothing I does fixes that. Safe mode at least works, but my computer is pretty much done working normally.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I actually figured that out. I reset my CMOS manually and it started working again.

Now it just gives me black screens right before the log-in screen, and nothing I does fixes that. Safe mode at least works, but my computer is pretty much done working normally.
OKAY.

IF you can get to Windows. And Safe Mode.

Then it is a Drivers issue.

Safe Mode doesn't boot drivers, only uses basic drivers.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
That said, as I said, I don't know if I will be going to GenCon at all anytime soon. <<;

And that said, transportation WITHIN Indy without a car might be a pain in the rear. I never really looked into public transport in Indy.
Wow, I'm useless. And am tearing blade's dreams apart.

Sorry for being so useless.

You're not useless. It would probably be a while before I can go though too, at least two years. I probably would be able to drive by then, so I could get a rental car at the airport and use that to get to the con. There being no trains isn't that big a deal.

No idea how much rental cars cost per day though.

Status
Not open for further replies.