[Game] Riddles 'n Jokes

Takatofan1986

Stalking [you]
I asked Digi and he brought it to my attention that it could really be many things, including newspapers so im gonna give that to you kage ^^.

But just for the record, i was going for sun-tanned zebra

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Ohhh so that's what you meant by red. XD; I thought you meant 'red' as in "read". Cause that's what I know it as. XD;

Ok so this is an easy riddle, but I like it. A farmer has a boat that he can only carry one item across a river. The three items he must carry across are: a fox, a chicken, and chicken feed. He must get them across without anything being destroyed or eaten (ie, if chicken is left with fox, chicken gets eaten). He cannot throw anything over the river, must be by taking them across in the boat, one at a time.

In what order, and how, will he take the items across the river in the boat?

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
Yeah, this one makes me smile.

He takes the chicken on the first trip across, goes back empty. Takes the fox on the second trip across, brings the chicken back. Takes the feed on the third trip across, comes back empty. Takes the chicken again on the final trip across.

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
Haha you got. :3 I liked this riddle. It was a riddle I learned in 3rd grade and it was kinda the one that made me think "outside the box" though I still rarely ever do. XD

digiboy123

Sub Editor & RAW Scan Provider Purdy Thing
Since PP hasn't said anything, I'll go ahead put up another riddle.

This one is kinda hard, but if you think logically, you'll get it:

Tom and his younger sister were fighting. Their mother was tired of the fighting, and decided to punish them by making them stand on the same piece of newspaper in such a way that they couldn't touch each other.

How did she accomplish this?

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
A door or something like that is parting them while they stand on the sheet, right?

Edit: (I forgot this part, sorry ^^") The paper is under the door and the door is closed; On both side´s there´s paper that you can stand on; But you can´t touch anyone on the other side because of the door

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Oh! i think I get it. An average Newspaper page is A3, so it's opened out and they each stand on one page.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
A Bagger had a brother that died; But this brother never had a brother when he was alive and the parents died after the two were born. How?

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
A lot of people get stumped by this one.

3 guys go to a hotel to stay there for the night, and they each rent out 1 single bedroom for £10 each. The man they paid goes into the backroom to put it into the till when he remembers there is an offer where if 3 single bedrooms were rented by the same party, they get £5 of (not £5 each). He realises that he cannot split £5 equally between 3 people, so he pockets £2 and gives each of the men £1 back. So they each paid £9 (£27 in total) and the other man has £2 in his pocket. Where did the other pound go?

Pazuzu

Extreme Translator
There is no other pound.

They each paid £30.
The discount brought it down to £25, leaving £5 in the difference.
Of that £5, £3 went back to the guests and £2 stayed with the manager, making it equal.
The way the riddle is worded implies that the £27 and the £2 should be treated separately, when in fact the £2 is part of their £27 payment.
Thus, the £2 that he kept should be subtracted, not added, to the £27 to make £25, which is the true cost of the rooms.