Digimon General News Thread

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
*sighs* Man, if only Japan wasn't all uber-pokemon loving... I mean, as good as pokemon is, it's not THAT good... I've always felt that digimon for the most part was better. But it's not like anything matters outside of how they do in Japan... Not to mention it's unfortunate status here in the US a pokemon knockoff... Uggh...

If only it had more popularity, then we'd most likely see new stuff more often...

Any updates ANYWHERE that y'all know of? Even in the official online media stuffs? I mean, if all they've got so far is a new version of Butter-fly (which is a great song and all, but...), then what does that mean for the future of the series?

Kage

THE all-high-and-mighty
You seriously didn't pay attention to some of the threads that came out during some wank.

So if not, you'll see this.

Current Projects
► Digimon Adventure DVD
47/54 episodes
★ See our IRC channel topic for current project status! There will be a v2 release of this series once subbing is complete (mostly encoding changes)

► Legendz DVD
35/50 episodes
★ nezucho is leading this project

► Onmyou Taisenki DVD
20/52 episodes
★ Lalala~

► Switch OVA
1/2 episodes
★ Episode 2 DVD to be subbed after Digimon Adventure. MKV in progress

You'll also notice that they UPDATE this. Note the first thing. KTHX

Seraphimon-T.K.

<b>Scan Editor</b><br>~Holy Warrior~
Kage;93210 said:
You seriously didn't pay attention to some of the threads that came out during some wank.

So if not, you'll see this.

Current Projects
► Digimon Adventure DVD
47/54 episodes
★ See our IRC channel topic for current project status! There will be a v2 release of this series once subbing is complete (mostly encoding changes)

► Legendz DVD
35/50 episodes
★ nezucho is leading this project

► Onmyou Taisenki DVD
20/52 episodes
★ Lalala~

► Switch OVA
1/2 episodes
★ Episode 2 DVD to be subbed after Digimon Adventure. MKV in progress

You'll also notice that they UPDATE this. Note the first thing. KTHX

Drop the "all-high-and-mighty" attitude. In the blog i wrote that they dropped the project because thats many people think (included me), blame anidb and the livejournal post that they said that. I'll not sniff around to find the truth. Anyone from RyRo can edit the status to "ongoing" that way it will be easier...

And to be honest, i never checked the profile page to see the status, i only check the news entries, since i saw in anidb the "dropped" status and the entries that said that i believed that, and now that you said it i saw it.

I apologize to Splash for that misinformation, but i didnt really knew that RyRo will continue the series, and thats why i wrote that in the blog (i already erase it).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
...Isn't this thread SUPPOSED to be for official/canon news, rather than scanlation status stuff?

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
Role;93264 said:
...Isn't this thread SUPPOSED to be for official/canon news, rather than scanlation status stuff?

Well you're the one who made the topic, but I didn't see that specified on the first post XD You should edit that in then :-O And if that's the case, the other guys should make a new topic if they want to continue talking about it. By the way, RyRo's Digimon Adventure is a fansubbing project, not scanlating XD

*dons Kage "THE all-high-and-mighty KAGE"* yattaze

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Well, you'd assume from the title that it's news and discussion about upcoming digimon stuff... Not scanlations/fansubs. That's got its own section on the site.

Splash

Role;93326 said:
Well, you'd assume from the title that it's news and discussion about upcoming digimon stuff... Not scanlations/fansubs. That's got its own section on the site.

Role;67132 said:
Wow... compared with Rockman, this place has really died...

What we need is to find a way to bring it back to life, and what better than a General News and Updates thread! I think the rockman forum has like THREE of them, one for Network, and (oddly) two for Robotics...

So, why don't we give one a shot? Any news or rumors on upcoming digimon projects are welcome here! Discussions are encouraged! Ranting on how your digimon team is vastly superior, or how one digimon could so take on any other digimon, will earn you a ruthless beating with the BANHAMMER.

And if anyone asks a question in this topic that can be answered on GameFAQs, it is everyone else's job to rub their face in the mud. Lately, the only chatter here has seemed to be stuff related to this, and I think vets and regulars alike agree they're sick of it...

Anywho, Digi-News thread, Boot up! *bricked for bad puns*

List of Anime:

Digimon Adventure
Digimon Adventure 02
Digimon Tamers
Digimon Frontier
Digimon Savers

List of Manga
:

C'mon Digimon
Digimon V-Tamer
Digimon Chronicle
D-Cyber
Digimon Next

List of Games:

Pocket Culumon - PS1, Japan Only
Digital Monster WS - WS, Japan Only
Digital Monster: D-Project - WS, Japan Only
Digital Monster Card Game Ver. WSC - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Adventure: Anode Tamer - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Adventure: Cathode Tamer - WS, Japan Only
Digimon: Anode and Cathode Tamer: Veedramon Version - WS, Hong Kong only(?)
Digimon Adventure 02: Tag Tamers - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Adventure 02: D1 Tamers - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Tamers: Digimon Melody - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Tamers: Brave Tamer - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Savers: Another Mission - PS2
Digimon Battle Spirit - WS (GBA Port, US only)
Digimon Battle Spirit Ver. 1.5 - WS, Japan Only
Digimon Battle Spirit 2 - WS (GBA Port, US only)
Digimon Rumble Arena - PS1
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - PS2, GC, Xbox
Digimon World - PS1
Digimon World 2 - PS1
Digimon World 3 - PS1
Digimon World X - PS2, GC
Digimon World: Digital Card Battle - ?
Digimon Story - NDS
Digimon Story Moonlight - NDS
Digimon Story Sunburst - NDS
Digimon Championship - NDS
Kids Station: Digimon Park - PS1
Pocket Digimon World Bandai - PS1
Pocket Digimon World: Cool & Nature Battle Disc - PS1
Pocket Digimon World: Wind Battle Disc - PS1
Digital Monster Ver. S: Digimon Trainers - Saturn

Card Game Series:

Digital Monster CG: Booster Series
Digital Monster CG: Ex Booster Series
Digital Monster CG: Jump Festa Limited Edition Booster
Digital Monster CG: Limited Boosters
Digital Monster CG: Starter Series
Digital Monster CG Alpha: Alpha Card Series
Digital Monster CG Alpha: Delta Cardass Series

Virtual Pets
:

Digital Monster ver.1
Digital Monster ver.2
Digital Monster ver.3
Digital Monster ver.4
Digital Monster ver.5
Pendulum 1.0
Pendulum 1.5 Nature Spirits
Pendulum 2.0
Pendulum 2.5 Deep Savers
Pendulum 3.0
Pendulum 3.5 Nightmare Soldiers
Pendulum 4.0
Pendulum 4.5 Wind Guardians
Pendulum 5.0
Pendulum 5.5 Metal Empire
Pendulum Progress 1.0 Dragon's Roar
Pendulum Progress 2.0 Armageddon's Army
Pendulum Progress 3.0 Animal Coliseum
Pendulum X 1.0
Pendulum X 1.5
Pendulum X 2.0
Pendulum X 2.5
Pendulum X 3.0
Digimon Accel Nature Genome
Digimon Accel Evil Genome
Digimon Accel Justice Genome
Digimon Accel Ultimate Genome
Digimon Mini ver. 1.0
Digimon Mini ver. 2.0
Digimon Mini ver. 3.0
Digivice iC 10x
Digivice iC 20x
Digivice Burst Shine Orange
Digivice Burst Mirage Blue
Digimon Twin
Digivice Version 1
Digivice Version 2
D-3 Version 1
D-3 Version 2
D-3 Version 3
D-Arc
D-Arc Ultimate
D-Scanner 1.0
D-Scanner 2.0
D-Scanner 3.0

Other:

Digimon Analyzer
D-Terminal
DigiWindow

Note: If I am missing anything, or if I got something wrong, please PM me and let me know so I can fix it! Thanks.

Like I saidddd you didn't mention anything about official/canon, just "Any news or rumors on upcoming digimon projects are welcome here! "

There aren't specific "sections" for scans/fansubs except for DATS-only releases. So yeah like I said, just make a separate topic if you want to keep going on with the issue. It's not difficult. XD

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Aww... more music?

/me sighs

I shall repeat it agian, then... Music is great and all, but I was hoping for something more...

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Wish they'd come out with a drama or an OVA or if they do music, come out with a bgm collection with all the music used in the series. It would be nice to release bgm that wasn't on any of the Uta to Ongaku Shuu albums.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh, a complete remastered collection of all the music would be AWESOME... I'm guessing IF they did that, though, there'd be a separate release for the Anime and Video Games.

D1 Unit

Digimon Refresher Unit
Finally, a sign of movement of the Digimon still continue on. TT TT

But... 10th Anniversary work? This is really confuse me. Then, what is the previous 10th Anniversay Album? Is it the new one or re-release?

You're so up-to-date,Splash. Thank you. :D

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
D1 Unit;93957 said:
But... 10th Anniversary work? This is really confuse me. Then, what is the previous 10th Anniversay Album? Is it the new one or re-release?
Did I miss something? There was already a 10th Anniversary album?

Splash

Hey gaiz... MORE NEWS... XDDDD

They're releasing a BOOK for the memorial!!! <3 ~~~ DEFINITELY getting this, one of the top things I've been wanting them to release more of.
Digimon Series Memorial Book Digimon Animation Chronicle
Catalog No.: NEOIPS-646
Release Date: 2009/9/2
Price: 2600yen (2730yen Tax incl.)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOIPS-646

I translated the neowing description:
A condensation of data and fanbook materials from all the animated Digimon series has appeared! With precious establishment images along with the story, look back on the passionate history of the partners and their Digimon!
●CD introduction
●Digimon 10th anniversary special interview
●Cover illustration by character designer Nakatsuru Katsuyoshi (credited to have done work for all the animated Digimon series and movies)
Size specification: A5, 384 Pages
The release date is tentative. Please be aware that depending on certain conditions with the makers, the release date may be earlier or later.

I'd certainly hope for earlier since September is a bit more ways to wait to go with the CDs, but we'll have to see... XD;

Also, it's not what we were REALLY hoping for, but they're reissuing a whole ton of Adventure-related CDs. ._.;

NECA-23013
Koji Wada/Digimon Opening Best Sprits[Limited Pressing] CDA
2190 yen US$22/99.22 Release Date:2009/08/01
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features all intro themes from "Digimon Adventure" to "Digimon Frontier." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-23013
NECA-30001
Animation Soundtrack/Digimon Adventure Uta To Ongaku ShuVer.1 [Limited Pressing] CDA
2857 yen US$29/99.22 Release Date:2009/08/01
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features BGM, intro theme "Butter-Fly," outro theme "I Wish," and insert song "brave Heart." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30001
NECA-30008
Animation/Digimon Adventure Character Song + Mini DramaVol.1 [Limited Pressing] CDA
2667 yen US$27/99.22 Release Date:2009/08/01
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features two mini dramas, character songs, intro theme "Butter-Fly," outro theme "I Wish," and insert song "brave Heart." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30008
NECA-30009
Animation/Digimon Adventure Character Song + Mini DramaVol.2 [Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features character songs, mini drama starring all character, intro theme "Butter-Fly," and "Keep on." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30009
NECA-30010
Animation/Digimon Adventure Character Song + Mini DramaVol.3 [Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features 11 tracks such as "Butter-Fly," drama "Shinnen no Goaisatsu," "Shinka de Gattsu," and more. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30010
NECA-30018
Animation/Digimon Adventure Uta To Ongaku ShuVer.2 [Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features tracks "Butter-Fly," "brave heart," "keep on," and BGM. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30018
NECA-30021
Animation/Digimon Adventure best Hit Parade[Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30021
NECA-30081
Animation/Digimon Adventure Original Story 2 Nen Han No Kyuuka[Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features short stories. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30081
NECA-30158
Animation/Digimon Cho Shinka Best![Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features intro themes & outro themes from four series "Digimon Adventure" through "Digimon Frontier" and five songs. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30158
NECA-30168
Animation/Digimon Sonyuka Best Evolution[Limited Pressing] CDA
2381 yen US$24/99.22 Release Date:2009/08/01
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features insert songs. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30168
NECA-30169
Animation/Digimon Sonyuka Wonder Best Evolution[Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features insert songs. Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30169
NECA-30170
Animation/Digimon Sonyuka Miracle Best Evolution[Limited Pressing] CDA
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30170
NECA-30195
Animation/Digimon 10th Anniversary -Yume Heno Kakehashi-[Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features tracks from "Digimon Adventure" to "Digimon Savers." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30195
NECA-30199
Animation/Digimon Cho Shinka Best!Vol.2 [Limited Pressing] CDA
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features intro & outro themes from "Digimon Adventure," "Digimon Adventure 02," "Digimon Tamers," "Digimon Frontier," and "Digimon Savers." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECA-30199
NECM-10014
Koji Wada/Degimon Adventure Intro Theme: Butter-Fly[Limited Pressing] CDA
1000 yen US$10/99.22 Release Date:2009/08/01
Description:Limited-time reissue from anime series "Digimon" commemorating its 10th anniversary. Features intro theme to anime series "Digimon Adventure." Available only until March 31, 2010.
URL - http://cdjapan.jp/d.html?KEY=NECM-10014

To answer the 10th anniversary confusion stuff, they're reissuing the 10th anniversary album Yume e no Kakehashi, but they're releasing a new SINGLE for the actual 10th anniversary date.

Splash

Um... LOL sorry for the double post, but I just spotted another something...!! D:

On TOP of the 10th anniversary single and all the reissues of the Adventure CDs (btw I missed the non Wada Kouji-related ones, you can see them all here:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/newrelease/anime_cd/index.html?month=2009-8 )...
For the first time, we're getting the Digital Monster X-Evolution soundtrack!

Digital Monster X-evolution Original Sound Track (Title subject to change)
Catalog No.: NECA-30252
Release Date: 2009/8/1
Price: 2857yen (3000yen Tax incl.)
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NECA-30252

Galaxy Limit B

Ghostmemba
Wait, a databook covering ALL five series? Like, behind the scenes stuff, such as Konaka's Alice6 website, but for ALL of them?

That's AWESOME.

Splash

I kind of doubt they'll go as in-depth or behind the scenes as Konaka's website, but I'll be more than happy enough if we get some gems of that level in the book XD;;; More likely that kind of thing will pop up in the "special interviews." But who knows~ they've got almost 400 pages for it after all~ *CAN'T WAIT*