Who killed Pages this time? ... [you] did!

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Just started to go well today, but then, my group just left without finishing while I was gone because i had class. Now I ahve to get up bright and early (while it's still dark out), stake out a lab station during a different lab section, hoping the TA wouldn't mind, and get the last bit of it, hopefully, done.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I'm not going to spend over 20 hours in the last week on this project just to stop one step short of finishing.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
I just need 40 seconds worth of data to be able to plop into our paper and call it quits.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
40 seconds of stable data. Which means I also need to, well, do last bit of stabilization.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
The other might be slighty more robust.
A low pass filter. Might be able to filter out the high frequency changes in the rod angle. Allow the system to compensate for the larger angle changes and keep the system stable, but keep the high frequency changes out so the high frequency vibrations don't destabilize the sysetm.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
But choosing a cutoff frequnecy is going to be pretty hard. There's a fine line of removing the bad stuff and keeping the good stuff.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
Take out too much with the filter, it'll defeat the point of the control system.

megumi

SPAM BOT
Staff member
WARNING WARNING
So I might just settle for the shortcut, but I'm not confident that the shortcut can last the full 40 seconds. Just gonna have to try my best.