...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
Now I kind of want to know too... Hm... The guy who knows a lot about chemicals and explosives is on... Should I ask him?

If you mix Sodium Chlorate or aluminum powder with sugar it turns into explosives, but if I remember what the history channel said, it degrades very fast. Also very good at blowing up in your face.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Aria no Hidan seems to imply that Sherlock Holmes was Gay. The Japanese, butchering classical literature since 19XX.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
I didn't notice the derp, because during the server derp, my computer was going DERP.

Futamaru

A Translator, Not So Diligent...
Staff member
If you mix Sodium Chlorate or aluminum powder with sugar it turns into explosives, but if I remember what the history channel said, it degrades very fast. Also very good at blowing up in your face.

Yeah. Possible. Just mix aluminum with sugar 1st. When you are ready, mix the sodium chlorate with them. Add drops of water should speed it up a lot.

If my prediction is correct, magnesium powder will do also. But magnesium is more expensive than aluminum.

Futamaru

Staff member
Another thing that reacts with sugar is sulfuric acid. It's the most funny experiment too. Just add 2 spoonfuls of sugar in a beaker (or any glassware that can withstand heat), then pour in concentrated sulfuric acid (<96%), you will see a nice column of CARBON! XD

Futamaru

Staff member
One more explosive that you can make is cotton bomb (or whatever it is called).

Futamaru

Staff member
You'll need:

1) Conc nitric acid
2) Conc sulfuric acid
3) Cotton Wool
4) Sumlight
5) Fire source that makes you ignite the wool without hurting yourself

Method:

1) Place your cotton wool in a glassware, preferably wide mouth for convenience of taking it out later.
2) Pour in some nitric acid, just pour in enough amount to make it wet.
3) Pour in some sulfuric acid. A bit will do (few drops). Sulfuric acid will become the catalyst for the reaction between nitric acid and the cotton
4) Dry the cotton
5) Light up the cotton in an open space and far from anything and anybody.

Futamaru

Staff member
This is the most primitive bomb which is portable that mankind has ever made. You can pass airport security with this. But beware, the wool is quite unstable and can blow up anytime.

Futamaru

Staff member
But one problem is the availability of nitric acid. It's prohibited in most places as it is the mother of all explosive. Almost all practical explosives are made using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.