...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Ehhh, sorry about your job, Lige.
I was only working 5-10 hours a week anyway, so it barely even counted as one. I'm not too upset about it as I freaking hated the job, but it is a bit troubling with bills about to be due soon... I'm hoping to find a job asap and or get my W2's very soon to get returns quickly. Or else I may find myself in a bit of trouble with credit and such :x

The stupid part is why I got fired: Because of the crappy way they have doors set up (spring loaded to hold open rather than door stoppers) sometimes they come lose. The door came lose as I passed through with mop bucket, and I couldn't keep it from spilling all over the carpet. (Water had bleach in it) Soo... Ruined carpet - loss of job. One freaking accident which was only 50% my fault and I lose my job. #@$* the government. (Worked in "The Government Center" building place outside of town :x)

Lige

Loves Being Poked
My metabolism is rather high. I am allergic to cane sugar, but the worse I've had it is when I had two boxes of Runts and had a bad headache, felt lightheaded, and felt like I was going to pass out.

Gluten is what makes bread light and soft. Our bread made out of rice flour, potato starch, and tapioca flour is rather denser. Less appetizing.

Also, there is no equivalent for donuts.

Our food is more expensive too....

Also, I think that the people at McDonalds hate us. Who could of thought that the phrase "No bun" could cause so much delay?
Hmm... I don't really care too much for "normal bread" anyway, just eat it cause it's cheap and a way to have a sammich. Call me weird but I think those ingredients sound good for bread @_@

Sucks about the expensive part though. Especially considering the state of the economy and such. Even when I was working 40 hours a week I could barely afford to eat cheap. :x

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
It's all good, everyone has things they do and don't like pertaining to themselves, names, etc. I hate when people add a "y" after my name and call me "Ligey" or if it's over voice or in real life, they pronounce my name wrong. I'm sure the irritation with capitalization to your name is a similar annoyance, so I can definitely relate. (Not claiming to know the back story you mentioned though, so of course I'm not implying it's directly the same.)

As for the personal space thing, again not claiming to know your specific reasons, but I can relate a bit as well. I used to be the same way and found it very annoying when anyone said "pokes, glomps, hugs" etc. Having spent two thirds of my life on the internet, I've kind-a picked up the habit. I'll also make a mental note not to do anything of that nature, and again I do apologize.

Greg changed my username as a joke, I didn't realize it was a joke and went a little overboard. If I remember correctly, said event ended with me flipping off Greg using ASCII art. I think that was right before the end of the old forum.

As for the whole "No Touchy" thing, I'm just a little paranoid. It's not that big of a problem though.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Hmm... I don't really care too much for "normal bread" anyway, just eat it cause it's cheap and a way to have a sammich. Call me weird but I think those ingredients sound good for bread @_@

Sucks about the expensive part though. Especially considering the state of the economy and such. Even when I was working 40 hours a week I could barely afford to eat cheap. :x

It's rather bland sadly, and if you mess up making it the loaf can turn into a brick rather capable of being used as a lethal projectile.

Actually I believe the companies are just taking advantage of people who have no other choice than to buy pre-made gluten free food because making it yourself is rather time consuming. Let's see, starve, or boycott said companies? Not much of a choice.

Lige

Loves Being Poked
It's rather bland sadly, and if you mess up making it the loaf can turn into a brick rather capable of being used as a lethal projectile.

Actually I believe the companies are just taking advantage of people who have no other choice than to buy pre-made gluten free food because making it yourself is rather time consuming. Let's see, starve, or boycott said companies? Not much of a choice.
Yeah... I hate when companies "have the power" like that. Pepsi does the same thing with my "drug", for the most part I've given up pop. However, every 4-6 months they re-release Throwback <.< (Usually around new years resolution time / etc. As per to break anyone who makes a "Give up pop" resolution :x)

Though at least Pepsi's just doing it as a dick-move. When it's an ENTIRE food category essential to health, that's... Effed up on another level entirely =/

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Yeah... I hate when companies "have the power" like that. Pepsi does the same thing with my "drug", for the most part I've given up pop. However, every 4-6 months they re-release Throwback <.< (Usually around new years resolution time / etc. As per to break anyone who makes a "Give up pop" resolution :x)

Though at least Pepsi's just doing it as a dick-move. When it's an ENTIRE food category essential to health, that's... Effed up on another level entirely =/

Actually, there are at least 5 major companies that make Gluten Free bread, it's just that they don't stock all of them. It's also possible that the supermarket is the one jacking up the price....

I'm hungry, my medication must be wearing off....

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
20101118.gif

Lige

Loves Being Poked
Np, and good night <3

All my friends appear to be dead this weekend. So bored I hopped on Facebook (which I never use) and started playing CityVille... *Dies*

Status
Not open for further replies.