...what happened to Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
The Destroyer is Manifest
He also did it in a way that most people barely noticed the change. To notice the change you need to start at the beginning and reread it. Or start watching the anime.

Seriously. I barely noticed that dodgeball matches and school activities got replaced by high speed magic/brawling fights....

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
To give you a better example, Negima goes from this:

negima_5_640.jpg

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
IMHO, most manga artists fxxk up in long series...
But there are also people who can do things right. Like the author of Negima. The people who published his work wanted another harem manga like his previous work Love Hina, but he wanted to do a Magic/Fighting manga.

He was forced to do a harem.

In the end he won though. He genre shifted the whole thing into a magic/fighting with a harem of girls that kick ass with a plot that I can honestly say is very good.

Tell me, does that not sound awesome?
He also did it in a way that most people barely noticed the change. To notice the change you need to start at the beginning and reread it. Or start watching the anime.

Seriously. I barely noticed that dodgeball matches and school activities got replaced by high speed magic/brawling fights....
To give you a better example, Negima goes from this:

negima_5_640.jpg

Cluster spammed for reading convenience.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
What did I do? All I did was state my opinion about a manga I very much like. Though I haven't read it in awhile....

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
A british 10 year old boy teaching english to Japanese middle schoolers. Also, the british boy is a mage.

The entire class he teaches seems to have a crush on him.

He then accidentally introduces a portion of them to the magic world and forms magical contracts with them. (A contract requires a kiss by the way)

And then the boy eventually becomes the fantasy equivalent of Goku from Dragon Ball Z and most of the girls get powers that are close to his.

bladesworn

Shenanigans Instigator
Wow, that sounds absurd even to me....

How the hell did Ken Akumetsu make it work so well?

Status
Not open for further replies.