The Disgaea thread

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Sadly, you did, dood...

Been looking up stuff on the Prinny Hero game... The Laharl battle is totally lulzworthy. Stun him, pick him up, throw him, WIN!

Also, Anise seems to be quite a riot. Can't wait to get a PSPgo and that game...

I've got it, it's very entertaining and VERY difficult XD. Funny you bought it up I noticed today that is has DLC over the PS store I was thinking of getting some of it.

So what are your thoughts on D3? Hope it's lived up to your expectations and I hope your enjoying the PS3 just as much, feel free to pm me/message my PS account if you want advice btw :)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
So far? Great! I have some issues here and there - such as staffs (and as a result, spells in general) getting nerfed to hell, but overall I like it quite a lot. I mean, what's the point of being "good" with staffs, if it means absolutely nothing? You'd get +1 range with spells either way... If being good with staffs also boosted magic, it'd help to make magic on par with the physical skills...

Right now, the only thing it seems to be good with is having a wide-area S-rank attack. But, if you're only going up against a single foe, it seems to suck in comparison to physical skills...

Personally? I'd bring back weapon levels, but keep D3's skill/spell learning system. Also, I'd change the damage formula a bit so that Defense and Resistance are actually decent stats to improve... Right now, anything that boosts speed - Guns and Fists, in other words - dominate, as they help to evade. After all, at higher levels, it's either dodge or die... They should at least have it so that with a high enough DEF stat, some of those higher powered skills are still survivable if you get hit, but due to how the damage formula works, it's not the case...

Of course, it goes both ways, as it makes your attacks overpowered, but still... It'd be nice if they could fiddle how they work with it a bit...

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Not enough to matter, evidently. It'd be much better if it gave a boost to the spells rather than to INT... after all, spells seem REALLY lacking, and the +1 range really doesn't do much for them. Sure, the staff can help, but at higher levels, the staff matters less.

Tsum

Midnight here, so I suppose I'll be reading the other posts in this thread later...

I actually got D2 first, back around its release date. I'm not sure what sparked the interest, but I ended up getting it. Never got passed chapter 6 though. After that, I hunted down and got Disgaea: Hour of Darkness. Again, didn't get too far. I got Disgaea DS when it came out, and managed my first playthrough of a game from the series there. Disgaea 2 Portable saw me finally finish Adell's story as well. Of course, I made my way through Axel mode to see Magichange.

More recently, I decided to blow out a bunch of cash on a PS3 and Disgaea 3. I'm currently moving at a somewhat steady pace through the game. Of course since I really want to have as much diversity as I can in units, I've been leveling up some of my characters on the map of the 1st area that has Prinnies, Orcs, and +50 EXP and Mana Geocubes.

Heya Tsum

I'm like you with party setup I like to have a nice balance and diversity as well. Saying that I made one of everything and kept them at a good level throughout the story. Looking back I kind of wish I didn't make so many units though @.@

Now I prefer to make fewer units and reincarnate them into better classes e.g. fist fighter into ninja, Sword fighter to samurai etc. Of course I wait until I have tier 6 of the basic unit unlocked first. This way works great for me :)

Tsum

Meh. I usually make a bunch of characters so I can unlock the classes, but recently I found that I like to stick to Story characters when I go through the main part of the game. That said, I guess a habit I've picked up from Pokemon games is to level everything around evenly, so when (in my current game) Mao gets to high leveled, I find myself going back a few maps in order to let everyone else catch up.

Now that I've played through Disgaea 3 for a little longer, I've noticed that the unlocking requirements seem to be more straightforward than in D2 and D1. Just leveling up jobs is nice, especially when I've got Dark Rosaries and Imperial Seals to pass around for training. :3

Yup same here, actually in every RPG I play I have a bad habit of trying to keep my characters equal level. So in games like Disgaea I spend a lot of time leveling even at points when I know I don't really need to.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Disgaea is the exception for me. I'll have one or two GODLIKE characters, along with a bunch of others I've been too lazy to level. Usually a physical fighter and a mage. In D1, it was Kaida, my Samurai, and Morrisa, my Mage. In D2, I only actually got Morrisa powered up. In D3, it's Hans, my Male Brawler, and Morrisa again. However, I eventually plan on getting others up to their strength.

Also: Hurray for me FINALLY unlocking HoO4! <3

Tsum

Well, with Fall Break (an amazing one day, and only because it is a big football game...) coming up, I suppose I shall be spending much of it in front of the ol' tube, adventuring with Mao and co (which at this moment, is just Almaz and a bunch of generics since I'm still on the chapter where Mao tries to take a class on 'crushes').

I'm still getting used to things in this game, but I'm really liking Geo Master a bit more. Perhaps sometime during this weekend, I'll be hopping into Item World and eventually Class World a bit more. :cool:

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Vincentdante;117076 said:
congrats HoO3 was a ***** to get through wasn't it XD

Yes, yes it was. Glad I found out that the key is patience. You have to let slimes come to you and run out, otherwise you'll be overrun.

In other news, yay for my level 5K+ Mage and Brawler! <3

bumpety bump.

New news, NIS have announced that they are making a sequel to their successful Prinny game.

In other news, this only applies to Disgaea 3 players whom bought DLC. Anyone that has looked at the DLC has probably noticed the complete privalege pack available on PSN, wihch contains all of the DLC combined for roughly $10 less than what you would pay if you bought them all seperatley.

What you may not know because this is uncommon knowledge, is that the complete privalege pack contains extra content in game which you can't get through the other dlc. Such as a fight against baal in his true form, and the opportunity to switch costumes between raspberyl and sapphire (if you ever wanted to do that for some reason).

This has annoyed some of the fans who feel they got ripped of buying it seperatley. In response NIS have said that if you have bought all of the DLC seperatley, you can email them your name and PSNID and they will give you a code for the complete privalege pack which will unlock this content for you.

However some people (including myself) have tried this and are yet to get a response. (although in my case I only emailed them yesterday so I can wait a while longer me thinks)

Off topic now, Role I like your new avatar. That is all.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Finally, now I don't have to double post to post this:

DisgaeaGroup524.jpg

Also... new prinny game? Sweet, dood!
I already have the complete package, so...
My Avi should change daily. At about 10-11 PM, each day. After all, I can't be wearing the same outfit each day!

saved...

I don't have access to my digital media disc right now, I just realized I have neglected uploading those calenders :doh:

Also realised I haven't played D3 in absolutley ages. My time has been spent playing Dragon Age: Origins... oh but it's so worth it. Gotta get back into D3 after I complete DA as my dwarf.