The Disgaea thread

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
I saw one around sometime ago, but I missed to save it... Sorry... :(

You have to put it that way: Who wouldn´t get generous in that case? *suddenly feels the strange urge to take the psp, start Disgaea and equip Kurtis with a Horse Wiener* XD

No secret to me: When I first saw that "boss", I thought: "Why not steal it?". I switched off and loaded again (I always save after a battle), then I trained my thief a bit and used a Dream Hand and it was mine.

I think it´s more painful to wait for that Zombie to get a rare and a legendary
Horse Weiner than the play-through stuff: If you use a high level Scout you can win most levels in about 20~30 seconds thanks to the Dark Cannon skill (Hint: The range where you can summon the Dark Cannon increase if you train the scouts rod-mastery (That´s what I heard, sorry I haven´t tried to train my scout rod-master yet (But I´ll try it later...)))

friendshipn.jpg

Disgaea Math: Etna using "Prinny Raid" + Kurtis being nearby= Bad idea XD

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh, that makes me wonder... Can you use Kurtis with Prinny Day?

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
I´ll be testing it later (Can´t play Disgaea rightnow -.-)

*off topic* Have fun, cya~ ^^

disgaeaabc.jpg

To be honest: I didn´t knew what the "ABC" in "ABC gum" was for XD"

Some new news regarding the world of Disgaea. If you live in Europe and are upset at the lack of new content for Disgaea 3 then your in luck. Nippon Ichi has just released all of the content that the US market got over the past year all together today.

This is everything from the Disgaea 2 characters to the command/survival modes, and the new Raspberyl story mode as well. I Don't know if anyone here benefits from this but I know this was an issue in most Disgaea communities.

I also present next months calender.

September 2009

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Hmm... It's too bad you get Kurtis waaaaaay late in the story... I'd have loved to have Kurtis with all his prinny underlings in tow...

I mean, think of the army that'd be!

Leader: Kurtis
Under him - A Prinny God for each stat.
Under them - A Prinny King(?) for each stat.
Under them (etc until you get to Pvt. Prinny).

Of course, there's no way the game could HOLD that many characters, but still... I would NOT like to go up against that army. ESPECIALLY in Prinny Land.

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
If I remember right, you´re able to have about 113 characters in Disgaea 1... (including every special character~)

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Kurtis takes up one special slot, the others are limited to the non-reserved spots. And that prinny growth is exponential.

There are 8 stats - HP, SP, ATK, DEF, INT, RES, HIT, and SPD.

There are 5 types of prinnies. As such:

8^5 + 1, which is a total of 32769 characters.

To explain better... There are Eight Stats in which to focus prinnies on, and 5 tiers of prinny to serve under Kurtis.

So, Kurtis with 8 Rank 5s makes 9.
Each of those Rank 5s have 8 rank 4s under them, bringing it up to 65.
Each of those Rank 4s have 8 rank 3s under them, bringing it up to 513, already past the limit.
Each of those Rank 3s have 8 rank 2s under them, bringing it up to 4097, more than you can have in the Prinny game, dood!
Each of those Rank 2s have 8 rank 1s under them, bringing the grand total to 32769

Like I said, I would NOT like to go up against that Prinny Army. But then again....

It's make for an AWESOME bonus map!

If they were all bunched together though and you 'carelessly' threw another prinny into the group... well it would be entertaining to watch :p

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Not in prinny land, it's not! D:

Update: Well, I happen to own a PS3 Slim and D3 now... I can throw all my usual strategies out the window, since the Mentor/Tutor system now is done is a way so that you can CHANGE how the Mentor is. How cool is that? I was a bit iffy at first about the loss of weapon levels, though the introduction of TWO kinds of skill levels, plus bunch of other things... I'm really liking this!

What's really cool is that for most human-type classes, there's a male and female version... In previous games there was just a few that had male and female versions, but now it seems to be almost every one... Mage, Warrior, Brawler, Samurai, Ninja, Archer, and even Gunner.

So far I'm really loving it... the only real downside I can see is that I'd prefer a bit better resolution, but it's not like it'd be the end of the world just because it's a little pixily. After all, as the saying goes: Good graphics does not a good game make.

Nice now I can discuss D3 related strategies with someone without sounding like a prinny, dood!

wait until you go through the item world, reverse pirating is such a laugh.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Hurray! I finally beat chapter one!

...What? Don't look at me like that. I was determined to unlock every class (except Celestial Host... stupid post-game rule GRR...) before progressing the storyline. HELLO Chapter 1 Stage 4! Five Prinnies and three orcs on... OH? A map with loads of XP/Mana+50% panels? ME LIKE! And apparently, so did anyone I had with a +6 attack spell... heh heh... LOVE those formations...

Of course, now that I've got them all unlocked (and made), it's time to lower the enemy level back down and progress the story...

By the way, I've heard there's some bill you can pass to max out/minimize enemy difficulty (can't just call it level, since it raises enemy skill levels too! Yay for ACTUAL added difficulty with the bills!)? Because that'd help a LOT in my training...

...Oh, and lulz at me unlocking Cave of Ordeals (House of Ordeals, whatever) in the first chapter... Hey, when you've got mana to blow...

Just in case you don't know, the post game is very different to the previous games. Once you actually beat the final boss that is when the post game begins (normal ending only though) instead of just reaching the final chapter and stopping.

You can still start a new cycle anytime by talking to a certain NPC.

Also grats on HoO

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Oh? Nice! So I can see then ending, then keep playing and what not?

SWEET! I love it when games do that! Oh, when I go for the Raspberyl chapters, will I have all of my old team?

except for a few main characters yes. Almaz etc need to be recruited through the new story. not sure if you get mao back tbh I haven't finished it. Raspberyl's two lackies are there from the beginning though.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
So long as I can keep my generics, I'm fine. I've always been one to opt for generics over the non-generics.

oh, well no worries of that then :)

Actually I'm like that as well I want at least one main character but 9 generics in my team. (saying that after he bought all the new character packs like the nice little sheep he is).

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
There WERE generics in the character packs, don't forget that! The Good Ol' Nekomata and Dragon are there, after all!

I must say... so far, I'm REALLY wishing that they hadn't nerfed spells so much. Actually, it seems to be a side effect from not having the Staff Levels there to boost the spells... This really sucks, too... my most powerful characters are usually mages.

Oh, I've been wondering... will I get a bill to let me max or min the enemy's strength? Passing 20 Make Enemies Weaker bills is such a chore...

erm I really can't remember, I know I haven't seen one. Sorry.

I'v been taking a break from it, going to go back to it soon though and start levelling again. Latley I'v just been hooked to the item world + reverse pirating lol

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Ah. Well, since you can now stack statisticians, leveling should be a breeze...

Just max out one, dupe w/ puppy paw stick, and eventually get yourself a set of equipment full of nothing but statisticians... Watch the levels fly by...

Edit: Almost forgot! It's Pirate Day, dood! In honor of Pirate Day, let's talk like the Prinny Pirates, dood!