Star Force RPG

Galikan

Justice Bringer
Celestio's Story

Mum: Dray the oven isn't working i think the power might be down but i checked it yeasterday and it was full.
Reaf: hummmm...sounds like dempa viruses to me, guess we wont be cleanning the toilets after all heh heh. We should pulse in to become Reafu Woods we havent done that in ages.
Dray thinks for a moment.

What next?

DrakeMercySP

Daedric Prince of Madness
I'm just waiting until Aurora finishes the damned combat system. I will just keep poking him until he does it...Oh yeh and it had better be easier or we are going with my idea...

Celestio

Genius Khan
"Denpa Viruses, huh? But how are we suppost to get in the oven?"

Dray Kicks the oven a couple of times.

"Guess it would be the right solution. But where can we find a wavehole?"

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
The Aurora;70980 said:
Role’s Story:

Nova seemed a little confused
Nova: Well... I come from Planet XM. It is in a place you humans call Messier 49. Um...
There is a pause.
Nova: The entire planet is covered in denpa. According to legend, the XM race was born when a massive amount of Denpa –Radiation terraformed the planet, and covered into what we call wave roads. Why do you want to know?
The bus pulls up at the stop just outside Time Square.
Nova: I guess this is our stop.
((Sorry about the delay. Kinda... Chaotic over here. Usually I respond much faster.

Oh, and though it's up to personal preference, there's generally a few things that are common to RP styles:

One common format is the novel format.

Actions and descriptions are typed out.
"Spoken text often is colored to stand out from the rest as actual speech"
Thoughts are usually Italicized, signifying that it's in the character's head.
((Out of character text usually uses double ()s))
Style of writing is done in paragraphs as you would see in books.

Another common format is script format.

Actions done by characters and descriptions and stuff are just typed out.
Role: Spoken things have the character's name in front.
Role: Thought is also italicized, and has the character's name in front.
OOC: Out of character comments are noted by OOC: in the front. Often times is colored to set apart from IC parts of the post (not always the case, though).
Style of writing as done as you would see it in the script for a play or movie.

Most roleplayers use, one, the other, or a combination of these two styles. It all depends on what they personally find easiest to use.))

"Ah, well, I mean..." She started up the bus as she spoke. "You suddenly came out of nowhere and quickly became my friend, even though I had always felt alone. You even helped me get other friends. If it weren't for you and Kokoro, I'd have always been alone." Kokoro had been there before Nova, had. They both had a special place in her heart, though, for being her first (and to her, only true) friends. "So I just wanted to know more about you, is all... After all, you're my friend..."

DrakeMercySP

Daedric Prince of Madness
Celestio, just so you know, you don't HAVE to use a wavehole. If you have seen the anime, you will know what I mean. Anyway, Gaikan was pestering me so here is his part:

Gaikan floats back a few feet, laughing. He turns towards the Big Wave card shop. he points at the door.
Gaikan: Hey, lets go in there. Maybe there is someone to talk to. Go on, kid!

iI assume you go inside?

Galikan

Justice Bringer
Celestio's stroy:
Reafu: I think all that fresh air has gone to your brain!!!
Dray: What do yo mean?
Reafu: Thanks to the Star Carrier we can Denpa-Henkan without the use of a wave hole remember!!!

Do you Denpa-Henkan?

My stroy:
Tom: Gikan I'm a bit tired right now and mt house is just across the street maby we should just call it a day.
Gikan's grin dropped
Gikan: Well if you dont want to go in I will just have to go without you.
Gikan floats through the buildings walls.
Tom: Wait!!! Gikan come back.
Tom runs into the shop.

What happens now Drake. Thanks for posting, took ya time :)

Celestio

Genius Khan
Galikan;71245 said:
Celestio's stroy:
Reafu: I think all that fresh air has gone to your brain!!!
Dray: What do yo mean?
Reafu: Thanks to the Star Carrier we can Denpa-Henkan without the use of a wave hole remember!!!

Dray sighs.

"Oh! i forgot about that, Let's EM Wave change in my room, so we won't freak mom out."

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
((Uh... you missed me fool... Remember I'm still here...
Just cause you wanna wait till I finish my work on the D20 doesn't mean you skip me...
You are my GM after all, you have a job to do.

Role... Could you please GM for me until Drake gets out of his shitty mode?))

Role's Story:
((Did you want me to switch to the novel format for you?))

There is a pause...
Nova: Th-Thank-you... *sniff*
Nova began to glow a whitish blue.
Nova: It has been a while since someone last called me a friend. *sniff*
Kokoro: Hey, Anisa! You’re late!
Nova: Wooh! She gave me a start!
Nova’s colour quickly changed to a bright yellow.
Kokoro: So, how you been?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((Do whatever is comfortable for you. What ever you prefer. I was simply showing the newbie a couple of examples of common styles is all. That way, they can get a better feel for how things are done. And sure, I'll GM you for a bit, though it would help if I knew Drake's plot idea.

By the way, I believe that it is best to be staying as a semi-freeform RP. No dice should be used, just general stats and guidelines for reference, but combat itself should REMAIN freeform. Keep with the card selection thing, though. That's a good idea. And it may also be a good idea for everyone to make folders, assign their favorites, and make their link cards (Normal, EX, SP, and if everyone's willing to go that far, IF/SX and DX). That way should a Brother's card come up, use can use an RNG to find out what they get. As for the rest, just use a RNG to select which cards come up.

...Geez, you've not been given anything to do for a while, have you? I had to go three pages back...))

((Oh, by the way, yes, you're right, yet wrong. Your shield, rather than blocking all but Break attacks, would block all but CURSOR attacks (like Voltic Eye, which is Elec/Cursor), as it works similar to Invis than guard according to your description. Guard/Shield is broken by Break Element, Aura/Barrier is pierced by Wind Element, Shadow is cut by Sword Element, and Invis-types sniped by Cursor Element. Many attacks have up to two elements (including Heat, Aqua, Elec, and Wood), such as Break Saber, which is Sword/Break, and DragonSky, which is Wood/Wind. Sound okay with you? I mean, at least, that's how I THINK it works... If that's wrong, let me know, but as for typical Rockman stuffs, that's how it works.))

((Oh, and third OOC moment. Why is everyone using the same battle mechanics as Rockman? Be yourself! You have moves of your own, you know! Not everyone can lockon! Heck, I thought Predation (the lock on stuff) was one of Rockman's unique traits... What made him stand out from the rest in battle. You have your personal standout-y thing, use it! This isn't directed at anyone in particular, but more or less everyone. Just be more creative with what you can do! I understand card selection should stay the same, though, Across or Down, and White. I also say that so long as you remain in Wave form, your upcoming card list should be ready to use for the next fight. Changes to the current 6 ready to go will not show up until after they're used, or if you return to normal. After all, they're already loaded and ready to go!))

((Eh, Fourth OOC comment... I'm using a different setup. One that makes more sense. Using initial for all combatants, notating what they are, Red now means defeat, blue is Active. This way, we can have allies assisting (MY CHARACTER'S SPECIALTY!), as well as notation on multiple enemies. I also noticed that some people claimed to have visualizers. If I'm not mistaken, there's only ONE of those, and it belongs to Rockman himself. It's another thing unique to his character. That's why Anisa uses her Star Carrier to find and talk to Nova.))

Aurora's story:

Your HP: 100/100
Boss HP: 000/280
[X][X][X]
[X][P][X]
[X][E][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
E = Enigma Supernal
P = Paladin Holy
Active
Defeated

Upcoming Cards:
[
Gattling1] [Canon] [Vulcan1]
[
Gattling1] [AirShot1] [Barrier]

Catching him off guard, your attacks stun him. Paladin Holy struggles to break free of paralysis, but is struck and stunned again by your PlasmaGun, which is quickly followed up by your Longsword swipe. Seeing his tactics horribly lacking, without warning he makes his retreat, shouting "Don't think this is over! not by a long shot!". It seems as though due to the damage he took, a cluster of mystery data appears where he once was.

The battle now over, the data spent from your use of earlier battle cards begins to return, ready for use should they be needed again.

((I'll leave Aura to you, as you have controlled her from the start. It would mess things up if someone else took control now.))

((Let's set standards for mystery data, shall we? RED is dropped after combat, available to only the victors of that battle. BLUE is first come, first serve, should you see it. GREEN is open to all, but is one-per-player. PURPLE requires an unlocker, also first come first serve. GOLD is character specific, perhaps? As such, when mystery data is seen, COLOR IT!))

Anisa's story:

((I'm assuming we've arrived?))

"S-Sorry... I uh... Er... Fine, I guess?" She stepped off of the bus as she said it. She was sort of looking foward to hanging out with them. If only Kokoro knew about Nova. But... well, she'd never believe her... "So, umm... Where to?"

((By the way, I've updated Goddess Aura to include her versions of Predation/MegaAttack and Barrier Shield. I hadn't thought to give those... I'm working on her Brother Card now.))

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
Role;71631 said:
It would help if I knew Drake's plot idea.
It was basiclly my character is a very depressed person, and one day he snaps and goes on a killing spree till another boss defeats me, and then we join sides.
Role;71631 said:
I believe that it is best to be staying as a semi-freeform RP. No dice should be used, just general stats and guidelines for reference, but combat itself should REMAIN freeform.
I said the same thing. I'm making it on his request because he finds the current system too difficult to work out, (I personally think it's the other way round though).
Role;71631 said:
Your shield, rather than blocking all but Break attacks, would block all but CURSOR attacks
Sorta. My idea was to be similar to Invisible, but also have the downside of being weak to wind like those puff things in the SW (not instant kill though), so it would not be cheap, cause there are more cards of the break element than the cursor element. So yeah, you got the basic idea.
Role;71631 said:
Not everyone can lockon! Heck, I thought Predation (the lock on stuff) was one of Rockman's unique traits...
I thought it could be used by any denpa-lifeform. My idea of it was it related back to the ability to change your wave frequency. Another point was it was included because Rockman can only move left and right, thus he is stuck on 1 row (the poor guy).
Role;71631 said:
Using initial for all combatants, notating what they are, Red now means defeat, blue is Active. This way, we can have allies assisting.
Good idea. I was planning doing something like that once I sort everything out. Knowing me, that's never going to happen. lol.
Role;71631 said:
I also noticed that some people claimed to have visualisers. If I'm not mistaken, there's only ONE of those, and it belongs to Rockman himself.
Initially it belonged to Subaru's dad, so my idea was Subaru's was his dads prototype, and AMAKEN have more prototypes. I actually included in my unwritten fan-fic that my character stole his visualiser from AMAKEN.
Let us not forget about LM Shin as well... I want to know where he got his from. Another point is Orhime had contacts which did the same thing...
There's a lot of possibilities.

My Story:
((God that ended a lot quicker than anticipated.))

Aurora collects the mystery wave and then released the Denpa-Henken. Without thinking, he runs back into Echo.
Aura: Are you looking for that girl again?

Role’s Story:

((Yes you have))
Kokoro: Meh... I hear there’s a good designer clothes shop up on the second floor.
Nova: Can we go check out the general tech shop?
Kokoro: What? Was that a yes?
Nova *whispers*: Do you think she heard me?
Kokoro: You feeling ok?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((This is using canon materials only, is it not? I mean, most RPs do that. Then again, most RPs go into much further explanation of the what's it's and info stuffs. I'll be fine with it for now, but not EVERYONE should have one. It should be rare, due to the unknown nature of it.))

Aurora's story:

Mystery Data was 500 Zenny

The way back to Echo Ridge for the most part was uneventful. There seemed no sign of any problems, though you did notice a charred house that had recently burnt down on your way.

((Sorry, you didn't really give me much to work with here.)

My Story:

"Yes, I'm okay. Why do you ask? Anyways... Sure, let's looks at clothes, but I'd like to look at the new gadgets on display before we leave... Is that okay?" She was really interested in the clothes, and the gadgets were... meh, ish, but she wanted to try and please both Kokoro and Nova...

Galikan

Justice Bringer
Reafu: Ok then let's do that.
As Dray begins to walk toward his room, his mum calls out to him:
Mum: Where are you going? Aren't you going to help me with the oven?
Dray: It's complicated.
Dray's mum shakes her head as he turns around and continues toward his room...
Reafu: Ok, let's do this

Over to you, Celestio

Celestio

Genius Khan
"Gametime, Reafu."

EM Wave Change, Dray, On the air!

After EM wave changing, Reafu Woods looks around his room.

"it's been awhile... too bad no EM Viruses are around.... oh well, let's go."

Galikan

Justice Bringer
Reafu Woods runs towards the oven and worps through the oven in a flash of orange light.
Reafu Woods: Whoa
Reafu Woods looked around there were viruses everywhere
Reafu: This looks bad we should take care of all of them quickly
Reafu Woods: Got it. Wave Battle Ride On.
Reafu: Time to get back to what we do best.

X= Nothing
P= Player
M= Metttor

[X][M][X]
[M][X][X]
[X][M][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][P][X]

You draw cards from your folder they are

Sword LongSword Cannon

Plasma Gun Attack +10 Barrier

What do you use?

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
My Story:

((
The Aurora;71702 said:
Aurora collects the mystery wave and THEN released the Denpa-Henken.
Anyway.))

Role's Story:

Kokoro: Sure... why not. I wanted to anyway. I hear a new Star Carrier was coming out.
Nova smiles, and glows bright white.
Kokoro: Come on. Let's go.
You see a new range of designer clothes on the racks. Black tank tops and purple jumpers fill a large round looking rack. Out the front there is a medium sized rack of a pink jacket. It looks like the same jacket Hibiki Misora wears.
Something square is lying on the floor, but you can’t make it out from where you are standing.
Kokoro: I think this looks good on me.
Kokoro is wearing one of those pink jumpers and posing in front of a mirror.
Nova: No... Where is her guitar?
Kokoro: what you think?

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
((Oops, sorry about that. What's with me as of late? I seem really out of it...))

"It's alright..." She chuckled. "..but you're no Hibiki Misora." She noticed the square thing on the floor, but thought it'd be kinda... odd to go rummaging around the ground just to see what it was. She looked around and found a cute dress, what's more, there were two colors available. She pulled the dresses off and held them up. "What do you think of these?"

Celestio

Genius Khan
Galikan;72042 said:
Reafu Woods runs towards the oven and worps through the oven in a flash of orange light.
Reafu Woods: Whoa
Reafu Woods looked around there were viruses everywhere
Reafu: This looks bad we should take care of all of them quickly
Reafu Woods: Got it. Wave Battle Ride On.
Reafu: Time to get back to what we do best.

X= Nothing
P= Player
M= Metttor

[X][M][X]
[M][X][X]
[X][M][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][P][X]

You draw cards from your folder they are

Sword LongSword Cannon

Plasma Gun Attack +10 Barrier

What do you use?

Reafu Woods chooses Barrier, then the longsword.

Galikan

Justice Bringer
[X][M][X]
[M][X][X]
[X][M][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][P][X]

P= Player
M= Mettor
X= Nothing

The battle starts and a mettor swings his pick axe destroying the panels infront of you. You have no time to doge so you use the Barrier to protect yourself from the mettors attack. the mettor on the left goes to the center square, you take this opotunity to your advantage and swipe your longsword down the middle of the feild striking two of your three opponents. The final mettor moves to the right panel and you start to charge your attack just as your next set of cards come in.

Sword Cannon Plasma Gun

Attack +10 Invisiblity Attack +10

[X][X][M]
[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][X][X]
[X][P][X]

P= Player
M= Mettor
X= Nothing
X= Dead Viruses

What happens now?

Aurora Tenkara

Caught by an angel!
((Celestio... you will need to explain to Galikan what you want to do per round in the battle, else you will always lose. Technically cause you said nothing about what you wanted to do, your character is suppose to be standing there with a Barrier and LongSword at the ready doing nothing but soak up the 3 mettaurs hits

Role, DW, it's nothing big...
BTW I have news... DrakeMercy does not want to use the battle system either for himself, or for GM, so I am appointing you to be my full time GM.))

My Story:

Enigma: What the...? Where did that come from...
((I'll let you do Aura... I was doing it wrong to begin with anyway))
Enigma looks around and continues to look for the girl.
((Look at page 2 and 3 if I am not making any sense))

Role's Story:
((Don't want to even look at the square thing? Fair enough...))

Kokoro: Yeah... Awesome! Try it on!
Nova: I like the red one! Now can we go check out the tech?
Kokoro: Come on... Try it...

((Looks like you have got a decision to make!))

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Aurora's story:

((Huh? Girl? What girl? I never mentioned a... Oh, I see. ...Aura has not personality? Well then, I'll just have to wing it...))

"Huh? Oh, chasing after the girl again?" Aura chuckled to herself. "First you don't wanna stay on Earth, now you're chasing after people."

It didn't take too long for them to find her, though she recognized him. "Ah, you're that boy from before. Nice to know you're so helpful, suddenly running of like that when a help signal goes off." She smiled at him.

((Any age for this girl, or rough estimate? Cause if not, I've got something planned... heh heh...))

My Story:

((Well, you could still have Nova take note of it.))

"Here, you put this one on!" Anisa gave the light blue dress to Kokoro and went to try on the red dress. She tried it on and looked in the mirror. Sure the dress was cute... but well, she wouldn't be able to wear it in public with how shy she was... but still... she wouldn't mind having it...

Coming out she looked at the mirror and waited for Kokoro to come out. She wondered what Nova would look like in one of these dresses...

((Just so you know, Anisa and Nova haven't had a need for Denpa Henkan yet, so she has no idea about it or how to use her powers.))