Ryuusei no Rockman 3 - Gameplay Discussion/Help

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Pyrite;75705 said:
Does it matter if it's localized or not? It's a game that's meant to be enjoyed. And if you want to know something, try other places than just this.
Yes, but you enjoy a game much more when you understand what the hell you're supposed to be doing.

I mean, ROMs have their purpose, but when it's only a matter of time before localization, when it DOES get here, it kinda takes the fun out of it a little. After all, you've already had a nice amount of time playing to where you can get tired or it or hit burnout.

Role;75728 said:
Yes, but you enjoy a game much more when you understand what the hell you're supposed to be doing.

I mean, ROMs have their purpose, but when it's only a matter of time before localization, when it DOES get here, it kinda takes the fun out of it a little. After all, you've already had a nice amount of time playing to where you can get tired or it or hit burnout.

I learned that the hard way with .hack/G.U. I couldn't wait for the english release so I asked my cousin, who was in Japan, to get one for me. Big mistake and I don't plan on doing that again. It took away part of the fun of the game when I finally bought the english version.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Exactly! That's why I don't approve of roms that will (or have been) be localized unless you've already gotten the game. And even then, you'll be better off if you got a version you understand.

Emi-hime

<span style="color: deeppink;"><strong>#1 Subaru ♥
Role;75838 said:
Exactly! That's why I don't approve of roms that will (or have been) be localized unless you've already gotten the game. And even then, you'll be better off if you got a version you understand.

Well, my Red Joker Japanese game is in the shipping process as we speak and I plan on buying the English version of Black Ace when it comes out here, so do I have rom-permission? Especially as I'm mostly playing the ROM for screenshot-wise--not to actually play XD

But yes, everything is more fun when you can understand it T~T

GSR

That one guy
Wow, they seem to have actually brought shipping into this. In chapter 3 you can help out Luna, Misora, or Gonta, and helping out Luna/Misora gets you an extra scene with them (dunno what happens with Gonta.) Let the forumdrama commence!

I went with the Luna scene, and for those interested (read: Emi and co.) it goes like this:
-Everyone else (including Misora) is at the bonfire at the beach.
-Subaru/Luna are on the pier nearby. Luna takes Subaru's hand. Both blush.
-Flashback to when she found out he was Rockman.
-They talk for a while longer.

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
Oh jeebus. C'mon no forum drama please.
I'd like to ask what is Phantom Black doing there as a boss.

And there's no Tsukasa scene for me to make fun of now. (Hell, where is he anyway? Although I'm sure fangirls would love him in a swimsuit. >_>)

Emi-hime

GSR;75866 said:
Wow, they seem to have actually brought shipping into this. In chapter 3 you can help out Luna, Misora, or Gonta, and helping out Luna/Misora gets you an extra scene with them (dunno what happens with Gonta.) Let the forumdrama commence!

I went with the Luna scene, and for those interested (read: Emi and co.) it goes like this:
-Everyone else (including Misora) is at the bonfire at the beach.
-Subaru/Luna are on the pier nearby. Luna takes Subaru's hand. Both blush.
-Flashback to when she found out he was Rockman.
-They talk for a while longer.

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEEEEES! It seems the same thing happens with Misora if Misora is picked and with the Subaru/Luna stuff, it changes to Subaru/Misora from what I heard... But this means Luna has JUST as much of a chance as Misora.

I knew I wasn't delusional! Woo!

I'm going to go squee and head to bed now.SQUEE. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. *GLOMPSRANDOMPEOPLE*

OMGYES.

Edit: And exactly what happens that causes Subaru to have one anyway? @-@ I figured out the save settings so I'm hoping to finally play some more tomorrow...

It would be nice (in my opinion) if some scenes would differ depending on who you help in chapter 3. I kinda like branching storylines just as long as they have the same ending.

Emi-hime

guyinblack;75876 said:
It would be nice (in my opinion) if some scenes would differ depending on who you help in chapter 3. I kinda like branching storylines just as long as they have the same ending.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens--though, at the moment, I'm not sure if the same ending would actually happen... @-@ Just have to see.

...I wish there were pictures... Must play...but I'm sick and need to rest T___T Darn it.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
GSR;75866 said:
Wait, GONTA?! Are you implying Subaru x Gonta?! Ewww...

YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYEEEEES! It seems the same thing happens with Misora if Misora is picked and with the Subaru/Luna stuff, it changes to Subaru/Misora from what I heard... But this means Luna has JUST as much of a chance as Misora.

I knew I wasn't delusional! Woo!

I'm going to go squee and head to bed now.SQUEE. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. *GLOMPSRANDOMPEOPLE*

OMGYES.

Edit: And exactly what happens that causes Subaru to have one anyway? @-@ I figured out the save settings so I'm hoping to finally play some more tomorrow...
I know, right? I've never really liked Misora. She's no Roll, but she's close enough that part of my hatred for Roll gets passed on to her.

Besides, to me... Luna just seems more likable.

Emi-hime;75879 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if that happens--though, at the moment, I'm not sure if the same ending would actually happen... @-@ Just have to see.

...I wish there were pictures... Must play...but I'm sick and need to rest T___T Darn it.

Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon then.

GSR

That one guy
With regards to the Heroic BSOD:

After fighting Jack Corvus, Luna runs up to Rockman. Another member of the Dealers shows up and tries to kill Luna, but Rockman saves her. But he vanishes, and when he reappears, he's behind Luna. There's nothing Rockman can do as she's (quite literally) blown to pieces.

As for after that...

She gets better.

Emi-hime

guyinblack;75883 said:
Oh, sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon then.

Thanks <3 I feel better...except now I'm up at 1AM and can't sleep.

GSR -
That's sort of...disturbing. At least she gets better. XD

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Emi-hime;75901 said:
Thanks <3 I feel better...except now I'm up at 1AM and can't sleep.

GSR -
That's sort of...disturbing. At least she gets better. XD
Oh, really, it's not so bad, being up that late. Hell, that's noonish for me! XD

But yeah, glad you're feeling better.

@GSR -
:confused: Whoa. I'll have to see that when the game comes out.

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
You live in the day. I live at night. Viva being nocturnal!~~

Boo having a day job... T-T

Yuri

YUUURRRRIIII LOWELLLLLLLL
That's a bit gruesome isn't it.
It is kind of more mature RnR I guess...
no more "OMGKIDDIESSHOULDNTSEEPPLHURT"
Oh, right. Forgot about Dex/Gonta. Looks like I can still make fun of stuff after all. :>

GSR

That one guy
Oh, Emi, if you could send me your save once you get to chapter 3 (the beach portion of the game, you'll know it), that'd be good, since I want to record the different scenes you can get. :)

Emi-hime

GSR;75952 said:
Oh, Emi, if you could send me your save once you get to chapter 3 (the beach portion of the game, you'll know it), that'd be good, since I want to record the different scenes you can get. :)

Sure ^_^ Will do <3 *shall make a note of it* Heck, if you plan on doing it, that can mean I don't have to suffer through Misora's XD