Digimon Savers

GordoBaggins

I'm excited just to see how this "faithful-to-the-original" dub will turn out. Savers was my first time viewing a whole Digimon series in Japanese, as it was to many, so it'll be interesting to see how my opinion shifts.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
I personally think the voice actors will be great although I probably won't be watching the dub. There are clips on youtube with voice samples, and I absolutely adore MasaruMarcus's.

Hagaren Gao

Guess I'm fired now
I'm very, very excited. I loved the original four dubs, I don't see too much of a reason why this one would be bad. Yeah, we will get some edits, but somehow, I'm just not worried.

Ryuuk

Shinigami
meh, I could take it or leave it...I can watch the Japanese version whenever I want...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I'm totally ignoring and disavowing any knowledge of the dubs existance. *huggles DATs subs*

Dylan and Sunmon

ya i guess if they to not keep close to the jap. one it will be bad (i only have seen the first 20 eps) i like the jap. one i hope the dub one will be just as good:D

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Nimoy never said it was going to be close the original as far as i remember.
I'm going to give the dub a chance - i hope it comes to Europe but i aint holding my breath on that.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Dylan and Sunmon;1697 said:
ya i guess if they to not keep close to the jap. one it will be bad (i only have seen the first 20 eps) i like the jap. one i hope the dub one will be just as good:D

The first 20 don't have too much that needs toning down (from USA point of view). From 30 onwards it gets more likely.

GordoBaggins

Johnzaloog;1715 said:
The first 20 don't have too much that needs toning down (from USA point of view). From 30 onwards it gets more likely.

Your avatar is a good example. xP

I remember him posting -somewhere- on WtW that he was going to be as faithful to the original (thus being faithful to us I suppose?) as he could. But since I have no proof I won't spread it around too much.

KingBurgermon

I'll watch it, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I especially hate Yoshino's new name. I wish they would give it a TV-PG rating (and put it on Adult Swim or the like), instead of a probable TV-Y7 FV rating. Because then there would be much less editing. But that's definitely not going to happen.

Yuki2

Hearts Beywiki
Thats what I wanted to happen (The rating that is)...

I'm not going to be able to watch the F***ing dub because I don't have Toon Disney (stupid Comcast Non-digital cable...)

I hope it doesn't suck...

*Breathes* Ok...that feels better...

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
Comcast doesn't have Toon Disney...? *blinks* It should.. I know -we- do anyway and we have discusting basic cable.

Of course the last time I actually paid attention to TV was my second year of university in 2001... >_>

Ogawa Akiko

I'm a little scared about what they're going to do with it in the dub to be honest. I've never been too much of a Nimoy fan myself, as he tends to taint a lot of the stuff Digimon-wise that he touches. But, if worse comes to worse, true fans can always go back to the sub versions that they've hopefully downloaded, since I really don't see Youtube holding onto them once the series starts running on television.

Akira

People
Yeah the dub does seem pretty scary, but I can ask all you guys how it is before I watch it (go England!). To watch it I will probably download some LQ version. I just hope it is strapped with jokes to lighten the mood, either that or a very faithful version
I can just imagine someone laughing at Kurata's big Belphemon zombie head thing.

Dylan and Sunmon

KingBurgermon;1783 said:
I'll watch it, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I especially hate Yoshino's new name. I wish they would give it a TV-PG rating (and put it on Adult Swim or the like), instead of a probable TV-Y7 FV rating. Because then there would be much less editing. But that's definitely not going to happen.
?-? What is here new name

(not to be mean but this digimon bored is not very popular i always see the same people talking)

GordoBaggins

Dylan and Sunmon;1915 said:
?-? What is here new name
Her nickname, actually. It's Yoshi, which will simply be short for Yoshino in the dub. Kinda like the Taichi "Tai" thing.

Dylan and Sunmon;1915 said:
(not to be mean but this digimon bored is not very popular i always see the same people talking)
Hard to find a very popular Digimon bored these days. With the US release of Data Squad, as well as the PS2 game and Dawn/Dusk, expect more old fans renewing their interest this fall. =]