Digimon General News Thread

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Huh... Do you think it'll cover more than just the five series? Like having little articles about the various digimon groups (Three Great Angels, the Devas, The Seven Great Demon Lords, Olympus Twelve, etc...)?

jpwong

If it's truely an "anime" book, they may touch on them if they appeared in the series as such groups, but otherwise I don't think it would be really relevant in an anime specific compilation.
But really, we probably won't know for sure until someone has the book in hand.

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
That book should be interesting to say the least. I'll however be very upset if they leave out Yoshino there.

Anyways, seems that there will be 21 CDs ( including those Splash posted, but nearly all releases. ) released AND a Memorial Concert aswell.
That all on August 1st. Guess it is a good opportunity to track down those one does not have yet.

Now all we need is the announcement of a new Anime, V-Pet and Game and it would be perfect.
Given that the Mini celebrates the 10th Anniversary of the Project, while the Twin celebrates the 10th Anniversary of the Release, there should be on that celebrates the 10th Anniversary of the Anime. Probably shaped like the Adventure Digivice, coming in themed Versions, containing the responding Digimon from all 5 series: Goggleboy ( Taichi's orange Digivice), Lone Wolf ( Yamato's blue Digivice ), Heroine ( Sora's, Mimi's or Hikari's ) etc. ( Although that might create issues where to put Renamon....)
That would be awesome.

Kaeri;92579 said:
What I don't understand is the fact that considering Digimon is 10 years old, has 5 season behind it and yet can't seem to get anything more than simple games is beyond me.

Probably not popular/mainstream enough. And a lot Games where on the Wonderswan. Atleast there are some really nice games.
Reall wish It would do better than Pokemon in popularity.

And it is 12 years old by now.

Kaeri;92579 said:
Which does remind me that I need to track down the Sakuyamon version I made of One Vision.

Tell me if you find it. I want it! Pleeeeeaaaassseeee!

Role;92806 said:
*sighs* Man, if only Japan wasn't all uber-pokemon loving... I mean, as good as pokemon is, it's not THAT good... I've always felt that digimon for the most part was better. But it's not like anything matters outside of how they do in Japan... Not to mention it's unfortunate status here in the US a pokemon knockoff... Uggh...

Yeah, it is crazy how popular Pokemon is. I also think that Digimon is better. In all aspects but popularity. And US Distribution. Bandai America's marketing is horrible. And Bandai Europe's marketing is even worse...

And those Rip-Off claims are annoying. Bet those people did not even watch it. Seriously, pretty much every bad review ( Anime, Game etc) starts with that Rip-Off thing. ( Expect for those Game Review of Digimon Fans who complain that the Game is not like the Anime including "wrong Digivolutions". Or certain Adventure Fans who diss everything that it is not Adventure. )
Sorry for the ranting. But it had to be said.

Role;92806 said:
If only it had more popularity, then we'd most likely see new stuff more often...

Quoted for truth!

Role;92806 said:
I mean, if all they've got so far is a new version of Butter-fly (which is a great song and all, but...), then what does that mean for the future of the series?

The seeds of the future lie buried in the past? It atleast means that Digimon is not dead. Same with the Website Updates. Bandai Japan wouldn't update the site if they were going to let it die. Atleast I hope that.

Role;93861 said:
I shall repeat it agian, then... Music is great and all, but I was hoping for something more...

I would say that we all were hoping for something more. Still better than nothing.

D1 Unit

Digimon Refresher Unit
Hey guys, I really like your words, I knew how hard of you try to make Digimon still "alive". but, yeah...

Hoping and support Digimon maybe the last thing we can do for it right now. Maybe the re-release CD and concert event would make the popularity better.

whew~~

I'm sure we can fly... like the past once again. :)

Anyway, does anybody know the other way to buy the memorial book that isn't from the CDjapan? I'm gonna cry if I miss that one.

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
D1 Unit;94391 said:
Hey guys, I really like your words, I knew how hard of you try to make Digimon still "alive". but, yeah...

Hoping and support Digimon maybe the last thing we can do for it right now. Maybe the re-release CD and concert event would make the popularity better.

whew~~

I'm sure we can fly... like the past once again. :)

Anyway, does anybody know the other way to buy the memorial book that isn't from the CDjapan? I'm gonna cry if I miss that one.
HMV maybe, Amazon Japan...

Splash

<b>Super Moderator</b><br>♥ TOMATO ♥
There's no search result for NEOIPS-646 at Amazon Japan, and I've never shopped at HMV before (how is it o.o).

If you really want me to, I can poke the people at yesasia to see if they'll put it in their stock XD They put up the X-evo soundtrack for me so I ordered it with the
10th Anniversary single and got free international shipping and omake toy. XD;

SSJ Jup81

Official Link Fanglomper
Splash;94403 said:
There's no search result for NEOIPS-646 at Amazon Japan, and I've never shopped at HMV before (how is it o.o).
It's okay. A bit cheaper. I bought the Come Together single from there by move a few years ago, and all of my Takashi Matsunaga cds through there.
If you really want me to, I can poke the people at yesasia to see if they'll put it in their stock XD They put up the X-evo soundtrack for me so I ordered it with the
10th Anniversary single and got free international shipping and omake toy. XD;
The only thing I hate about Yesasia is the fact that the purchases don't count towards actual sale amounts. Like places like amazon.jp and HMV and cdjapan and Tower Records (Japan), etc., it counts towards the tally of sales. Let's say I bought a...Rie Fu cd...it'll count towards the amount sold for the week (let's say she sold...30,000 copies the week the cd debuted [her sales are usually low anyway]). If I buy it from one of the places mentioned, she just made 30,001 sales that week. If bought through Yesasia, it'll stay at 30,000, and with an artist like her, she could use all the support she can get.

Splash

Ah yeah, you don't get to see your purchase go directly towards the numbers, but Yesasia's products are still the legit ones and they had to get it from somewhere too, so it still counts in my book :p And I totally need the free shipping in this economy, and I'm also a sucker for omake XD

Hmm it's still 5200 yen to get the two new CDs from hmv. Their EMS shipping is definitely cheaper than cdjapan and amazonjapan's, but then it's the only shipping option they offer and they don't take paypal automatically... mendoi XD And they don't have the book from searching there, either.

Splash

Forgive the double post... some not happy news 8-|
The Digimon Memorial Book order was completely cancelled on cdjapan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=NEOIPS-646
Dunno what they're doing with it, but I'll keep my eye on it and the other sites like hmv, I really hope they haven't given up on it or something. I'm actually upset because I paid already for the book and shipping, back when yen rate was not a ridiculous 90 to $1 rate, and now they've refunded it and I'd have to reorder with the current yen rates, if they'll offer it at all anymore...

MugenSeiRyuu

Savers Girls Fanboy
Release Cancelled!
Release Cancelled!
Release Cancelled!

Gaaaaaahhhhhhh! Damn it!:mad::mad::mad:
That is not good. Not good at all!

So how much money did you lose?

jpwong

MugenSeiRyuu;121838 said:
So how much money did you lose?

Should be nothing. CDJapan sent out an email that said

---
Digimon Series Memorial Book Digimon Animation Chronicle (BOOK)
Animation
Release Date: 2009/10/31
Catalog Number: NEOIPS-646

No details about the reason for cancellation has been provided.

At this time, there is no indication to show whether or not it might be released at a later time in the future.
---

If your order only had the books the whole order was canceled outright, and unless you were paying with cash, money order or paypal, your credit card wouldn't have been charged until after the item shipped.

It's interesting to note that while CDJapan has the book listed as canceled, they haven't gotten around to updating the listing on their Japanese site Neowing which still shows the same information CDJapan was showing yesterday (Ships October 2009, out of print).

Splash

jpwong;121841 said:
If your order only had the books the whole order was canceled outright, and unless you were paying with cash, money order or paypal, your credit card wouldn't have been charged until after the item shipped.

It's interesting to note that while CDJapan has the book listed as canceled, they haven't gotten around to updating the listing on their Japanese site Neowing which still shows the same information CDJapan was showing yesterday (Ships October 2009, out of print).

And I did use paypal, thus why they had to send a refund. I had the better yen rate locked in with that. Not only that, but paypal still wants to charge a fee on the refund they issued, so I'm holding on claiming it for a bit 8-|

Role

Fanfic Writer & RPer
Returning Member
Jeez, that sucks. Looks like this year's gonna be a pretty big disappointment, huh?

Ingrimm

What's up with the two "short films" that were announced ages ago? Were they released? Are there any raws and subs available? :)