Zelda: Phantom Hour Glass

Yukihiro

Yellow Snow Merchant~
I got the game a week ago, hooray. I finally beat the game after playing it for like...3 hours a day. I thought it was a bit easy though...Bellum isn't that hard to figure out, but I had SOOO much trouble drawing the Hourglass when I got the Phantom Hourglass ball. >_<~

SPOILERS AHEAD~

Final boss: Bellum (Form 1 and 2)

A small tip for the first part of the final battle. Bellum is sitting in a pool of murky purple liquid. You can't jump in it, so yeah. (Like you would want to.) Bellum spits out a bunch of purple gooey things, but if you have powered up the Spirit of Wisdom twice, they'll be almost harmless. Just use the grappling hook and pull off the purple cloud things on Bellum. After you removed all of his purplish armor, grab onto Bellum itself and pull it towards you. After it's dizzy from the pull, equip the Spirit of Power (If you powered it up) and slash away at Bellum. Repeat as needed.

After that, Bellum goes up to the second level of the map. Run up the stairs behind the doorway to the stairs chamber you went through. Then you see some wierd eye things. Equip the bow and arrows and fire at the eyes. One of them will periodically try to smack you, and he'll keep firing gooey phantom eye things at you. When you shoot all of the eyes, he'll fall back down to the pool. Quickly go and repeat the part you did before, and hack away at Bellum.

Alright, he goes back up to the second level. Just do it again, except that he fires more gooey things and frequently shuts his eyes closed. The moment you see one of the eyes open up, quickly shoot it with an arrow. Once he suffers the piercing power of the arrows, he goes up to the third floor. Follow him and repeat the procedure. He shoots many more gooey things though, so be careful.

After you shoot his eyes down the third time, he flies back down and a cutscene occurs. Go back down to the pool on the first floor, to find that Bellum is running around the floor! After a couple seconds, he flies up above the pool and moves a bit there. He repeats this again and again, so if you need a small bathroom break, now is the time. Oh, and make sure to stay near the pool. Bellum doesn't hit you while you're there.

~Breaktime~

Okay, almost done! Bellum is almost impossible to hit while he's circling around the floor, so use one of the new shiny Phantom Hourglass Balls Ciela gives you. (Ciela = Spirit of Courage) Draw an hourglass in the borders that appear in the touch screen and time will stop. Make sure to do this quickly and when Bellum is circling the arena. The screen will turn black and white! Quickly go to Bellum and slash at the only part of the screen (Besides you) that is still colorful: His humongous eye. Ciela will give you more balls when you use one, so repeat as needed.

Tip: Use the potions sparingly. Make sure that you DID bring some.

Congratulations! Now you have defeated Bellum. Well no, not really. He escapes onto the Ghost Ship and Tetra is stuck there. So hurry and bomb the eyes that appear on the Ghost Ship to make it implode. I have no tips here, so just keep shooting at the eyes and balls they fire at you.

Well, the last stage is here. Bellum takes over Linebeck, the captain. He turns into a Phantom like thing. Just block his attacks for now, and use the ball Ciela gives you. Go and hurry and hit the eye on his back. The eye is closed? Well, after the cutscene, attack Bellum and quickly slash at him when he jumps to the side. After that, attack his belly and Ciela drops a Phantom Ball. Oh, make sure to pay attention to the top screen too, and get ready to use the Phantom Ball. When Bellum's eye opens, hurry and scribble an hourglass. Then hack away. Repeat the procedure until Bellum FINALLY dies. Congratulations, you beat the game!

Okay, I hope that helped. Sorry if the post was too long T_T

nahxela

The overall game really was abhorly easy :(.
And the overworld was really small with little exploration possible; I'd really have prefered to see more islands, since discovering maybe one or two islands per map section is not really that great.
Especially when the only ones discovered are only minigames...
Plus Nintendo got lazy this time around and decided Heart Containers were good enough.

More items would've been good, too.
And I never used a potion during the entire game o_o (beat it in about 3 days).

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I have finished it - changed stylus to a new one, my other one was a little worn and that is why i was having issues.

The game was rather easy - Lineback is a fun character and his love story with Joleen!
Still it will be played again and again and again :D

Frozen Twins

Could somebody tell me how to get past the second map part. I've gotten through the dungeon, but then it has the map shown upside down with a symbol on it, and I can't figure out how to get past that part. Please help.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Frozen Twins;13357 said:
Could somebody tell me how to get past the second map part. I've gotten through the dungeon, but then it has the map shown upside down with a symbol on it, and I can't figure out how to get past that part. Please help.

When you have the symbol on the top screen CLOSE your DS fully but keep the power on, then reopen the thing and you will find it has transfered :)

Devkyu

Wha...?
Finally found time to finish the game... at 4:07 am. It was so damn awesome. Nothing says badass like a fairy with a mallet 5 times its size.

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Devkyu;13608 said:
Finally found time to finish the game... at 4:07 am. It was so damn awesome. Nothing says badass like a fairy with a mallet 5 times its size.

yay i did beat it before you >:}

in a word: thwamp!

TuxRug

Retired
Frozen Twins;13357 said:

Press your map against the one on the wall, just as it says. (It took me a while to figure it out too.)

Actual instructions (you're gonna kick yourself):
First, open the Southwest map on the bottom screen.
Now close your DS
Open your DS
PRESTO!