Your First Shiny

conankudo4

Detective Conan God
I think I got a shiny raticate but it's been a really long time (like 4 years), so I don't really remember.

Johnzaloog

DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official
Seriously, is there a trick to getting shinies. I read one about if you stand still for like 3-4 hours then move one step you'll get a shiny. I tried it once, waste of time.

Airdra

V-Pet Geek
Supposedly, if you get the same Pokemon over and over again with the Pokeradar (more specific instructions here), it increases your chances of getting a shiny. I haven't gotten it to work and personally think it's a bit of bull, but I didn't spend more than fifteen minutes on it (because I couldn't get more than a chain of six).

Elecmon

I think it would only help your chances of getting a shiny of a paticular guy. Otherwise the chanse are the same either way.

Katsumi-chan

Datte-freaking-bayo
W00t! Just caught my first LeafGreen (non-rom) shiny. I'm now the proud owner of a shiny Muk! 'Tis green! *cackles* X3~~

Tcatomon

Boom de yada boom de yada
I..... *dramatic pause* have yet to find one. I'm 80 hours into Pearl. Last Pokemon I played was Red... two years ago. *cough*

RollEXE

A red-eyed Aron!! In Sapphire I think. My second one was a yellow Oddish in.... Ruby? I think so.. but I liked my Aron better!

pawitp

Tech Admin
Staff member
Red-gyrados, does that count? And the R/S egg thing I got a shiny baby magma. Shiny ditto through time machine trick. Shiny Agumon Charmander through G/S breeding with blue ditto. The only real random shiny I have is a shiny pidgeon - but I got that from a friend (100% legit though)

nahxela

I got a white hoothoot in Silver :), but I never bothered to use it.
Then a shiny oddish in Sapphire. Didn't bother to use that either...
And then I don't know about Diamond because my shinies are off the GTS, which you never know if they're hacked or not :/

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
I know whatever it was it was via Action Replay - i don't remember what is was however *think it was Shiny Mew*

Matze149

Assistant Pig-Keeper
Staff member
give me a bit time to think of a text
My first shiney was a silver slugmag, but i forgot where i caught it (anywhere between ruby and diamont)^^"

Volt

DC Comics Enthusiast
Vengeance
I got a Shiny Subomii/Budew in my Japanese Diamond. After that, I hatched a Shiny Saihorn/Rhyhorn. They are now Rozureido/Roserade and Dosaidon/Rhyperior.