Your First Shiny

Discussion in 'Pocket Monsters' started by Elecmon, Jun 9, 2007.

Share This Page

1. conankudo4

conankudo4 Detective Conan God

I think I got a shiny raticate but it's been a really long time (like 4 years), so I don't really remember.
  2. evilkitsune71290

evilkitsune71290 New Member

My first shiney was a Linoone on my Ruby Version, which is now on my diamond, it is so cute, but I wish it was an absol
  3. Lionessmon

Lionessmon New Member

I caught in Gold version its purple there. But I got a black Golbat in one of the later games not exactly sure which one.
  4. Johnzaloog

Johnzaloog DATS Yu-Gi-Oh! Official

Seriously, is there a trick to getting shinies. I read one about if you stand still for like 3-4 hours then move one step you'll get a shiny. I tried it once, waste of time.
  5. Airdra

Airdra V-Pet Geek

Supposedly, if you get the same Pokemon over and over again with the Pokeradar (more specific instructions here), it increases your chances of getting a shiny. I haven't gotten it to work and personally think it's a bit of bull, but I didn't spend more than fifteen minutes on it (because I couldn't get more than a chain of six).
  6. Elecmon

Elecmon New Member

I think it would only help your chances of getting a shiny of a paticular guy. Otherwise the chanse are the same either way.
  7. evilkitsune71290

evilkitsune71290 New Member

it's still a 1 out of 8192 chance of finding a shiny on the games
  8. Zeal Knight

Zeal Knight New Member

a tengela in silver(outside pallet town south)
  9. Katsumi-chan

Katsumi-chan Datte-freaking-bayo

W00t! Just caught my first LeafGreen (non-rom) shiny. I'm now the proud owner of a shiny Muk! 'Tis green! *cackles* X3~~
  10. Tcatomon

Tcatomon Boom de yada boom de yada

I..... *dramatic pause* have yet to find one. I'm 80 hours into Pearl. Last Pokemon I played was Red... two years ago. *cough*
  11. Arkyoptrix

Arkyoptrix New Member

I saw a shiny Pidgey once... 0_o

But my sister had a shiny Cleffa and and a shiny Exeggcute. ¬_¬
  12. RollEXE

RollEXE Member

A red-eyed Aron!! In Sapphire I think. My second one was a yellow Oddish in.... Ruby? I think so.. but I liked my Aron better!
  13. pawitp

pawitp Tech Admin Staff Member

Red-gyrados, does that count? And the R/S egg thing I got a shiny baby magma. Shiny ditto through time machine trick. Shiny Agumon Charmander through G/S breeding with blue ditto. The only real random shiny I have is a shiny pidgeon - but I got that from a friend (100% legit though)
  14. Veemon93

Veemon93 ..........what?

i had a shiny lotad on emerald once but i started it again lol
  15. nahxela

nahxela New Member

I got a white hoothoot in Silver :), but I never bothered to use it.
    Then a shiny oddish in Sapphire. Didn't bother to use that either...
    And then I don't know about Diamond because my shinies are off the GTS, which you never know if they're hacked or not :/
  16. Sir Kibbles

Sir Kibbles New Member

I caught a shiny Tailow and nearly screamed when I saw it I was so excited. Unfortunately, its a rom. :-(
  17. Nemomon

Nemomon <b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo

Clamperl in PKMN Sapphire or Ruby (i'm not sure)
  18. Vande

Vande Active Member Evil Incarnate?

I know whatever it was it was via Action Replay - i don't remember what is was however *think it was Shiny Mew*
  19. Matze149

Matze149 Assistant Pig-Keeper Staff Member give me a bit time to think of a text

My first shiney was a silver slugmag, but i forgot where i caught it (anywhere between ruby and diamont)^^"
  20. Volt

Volt DC Comics Enthusiast Vengeance

I got a Shiny Subomii/Budew in my Japanese Diamond. After that, I hatched a Shiny Saihorn/Rhyhorn. They are now Rozureido/Roserade and Dosaidon/Rhyperior.