Why do you like RnR?

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
Why do you like RnR?

Personally i am not a fan of Rockman but i know a lot of our newbies seem to be, so tell me, why do you like RnR?

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
It's a refresh of the series. .EXE bores me for the most part, and RnR is just... fun.

The characters are enjoyable, and having it be 10 minutes doesn't allow for much filler minutes in the actual episode.

It's just a fun series overall, and you really should get a few more episodes Vande :)

Vande

Evil Incarnate?
i got the first 3, if i don't get into an anime by then i don't continue with it

JKaizer

testing 123
fapfapfap
That's only 1 episode of a normal anime. ;P

But yeah, for me, it's just fun and I enjoy working on it.

char-cynda

maybe because it is ROCKMAN series.
For the anime : because i played the game so i want to see the anime and fortunatelt found a link to here so i can watch it. Beside it is a short episode so i can watch even only have a short time to spare.

For the game : it kinda interesting for me that capcom change from "cabling/LAN" from exe to "Wireless" in RnR. It could be that nowaday people want to use wireless more than cabling, or even hint the change of handheld (exe->GBA->Link Cable to connect while RnR->NDS->Wireless connection and even Wi-Fi)

Nemomon

<b>Gaming Freak</b><br>Chip Library Evo
But you mean NDS game(s - soon) or anime? I'm like char-cynda - because this is RockMan.

For the game: This thread is about RnR not MMSF or MMBN 6, but it's scary, what Crapcom or America is doing with these games.

onkeikun

私語が多いって言われるよ。でもそんなの 関係ねぇ
I honestly did not like the anime until episode 26 or so. It seemed to lack something that'd keep my interest before that. Then it got better until the mid-30s, when the storyline quality started to go down again into a certain repetition; and I'm starting to get really annoyed by the crab.
But by then, you're so affectionate for certain characters that you can't leave it completely.

Dash

I Ireland
Staff member
Supreme Dictator
If anything, episode 26 is the one that'll get people into it. The animation there was just superb, no one can turn it down. >_>

*is still in awe over that fight*

And I totally agree, Cancer Bubble is annoying-buku.

GSR

That one guy
Hmmm... honestly, I'm not sure. I found out about RnR by accident, to be honest. I YouTube'd it after seeing a clip from it, and DATS' subs showed up, and it just sort of went from there.

If there is one problem with the anime, it's a big one - way too much filler. I guess you could argue it's not so bad at first, but after the arc from 26-31, it just uses filler until 50-54, which seems to be the end of season one (and ergo some actual storyline is involved.) RnR is at its best when actual story is going down and not 'lol insert-FMian-here is causing panic.'

Overall though, I dunno. Maybe it's from growing up on Megaman games. Whatev.

Momo

are you people watching the later eps raw or something? o_o; the subs only go to 29 as far as I know...

I'm not entirely sure why I like it so much. I mean, I've never played a megaman game, or seen a megaman show before this. I simply just started watching it because it looked silly and I wanted to know what happened next after I saw a few eps! XD

Somehting about it is just...refreshing. I don't know why but the feel of it seems so much better than a lot of other shounens that I've seen. The characters are fun and amusing (even if I don't even really like gonta or the glasses kid!) and the story is not too incredibly complicated. Something about the characters and story keeps me hooked and craving more, feeling like a 10-year-old boy waiting for the next episode, cheering for the good guy and just being like.."YEAH!!! MEGAMAN!! AWESOME!" kind of feeling. I like that kind of feeling. It's so refreshing compared to the edgey, deep, complicated anime I've watched lately.

Even the style draws me in, its so colorful and fun, even the most serious of villians look absolutely rediculous. And I am quite the fan of colors. And just...Geo is so awesome. He's such a nice kid, and hes not cocky and loud, which is again, a refreshing difference from your average shonen.

ill stop before I type to much..XD But yea you get it i think.

also: I wonder if I'm the only one who seriously enjoys and loves filler eps? because the filler eps for this anime are quite fun and good! atleast to me D: I likes me some filler. They let you back away from the story and have some fun.

GSR

That one guy
Not all filler eps are bad - RnR19 (The Rockman Express) is one of my personal favorite eps. I'm just saying it'd be nice to get some more story other than the start, exact middle, and very end of the season.

Meh, like I said it doesn't get into real filler until after 31. 32-33 are tangentially-story-related, but the rest is pretty much filler though up until 50.

Oh well.

On another note, I'm kind of ashamed for liking this... I'm a bit too old for it by anyone's standards (WAY too old by my parents') and as such nobody knows I like it who I know IRL. It might just be nostalgia of all those great relaxing times when I was younger watching cartoons.

Oh well. If I didn't have something a little more light-hearted/young in my life from time to time I'd go batty.

Momo

ah yes, rockman express was awesome *_* I liked how it showed geo is nice and will fix what he messed up without whining, and have fun with it.

you can NEVER be too old for a good light hearted kiddy series~! Im 19 and people say I'm too old, but I don't care XD I enjoy these types of shows as much as I do cartoons for older people.

Knightman

1 of the Crest of Duo
why are is because that i love all rockman, well it really started when i played megaman battle network and then i loved it.

RollEXE

Well... I can't explain it.... it's just this feeling, you know?
Like when you watch and episode, and you're eager to know what will happen next, it's light and comical, but yet serious at the same time.
It's a change from your usual Rockman back in the older days, it's different.
It's fun, I mean, how can you not like Luna going "Rockman-sama~!!" every 2 episodes or so? It might be annoying but it's funny. ^_^

They seem to be able to work characters personalities without wasting much time, the filler episodes doesn't seem filler-ish, like Bleach or Naruto.
The series just makes you smile I guess.

._. Now I come to think of it, I haven't really answered the question. XD
It seems like Ryuusei has this sort of mysterious power that keeps you asking for more! And make you feel like a little kid again! YAY!

miforever

Rokkuman-sama~ ^^;;
I first got into Rockman about 3-4 years ago. I was bored one day, so I turned on Cartoon Network and watched what was on, which was a Megaman NT Warrior Marathon, which went for 2 hours. It kinda sucked me in, and got me wondering what was going to happen next. I found out later that the Dub version was severely edited (yeah, at first I didn't notice) so I went hunting about and stumbled on to the fandom for not only EXE, but also for the other series as well. And when Axess came out in the Dub, I was hooked, and I've never looked back!

I was a bit doubtful about Ryuusei at first, but I'm glad that I pushed those doubts aside and actually started watching the series, because I'm quite enjoying it, despite the amount of filler eps involved >.> Whenever they put on a good episode, they do it well, and it's got me crawling back for more! ^_^

I've also delved into the game world (finally) and own MMBN5 Team Colonel, MMBN5 Double Team DS, MMZX and MMSF Leo. I probably would have gotten into it sooner if I'd owned a Gameboy, but I only bought a DS a few months ago...

Well, better late than never, right? ^^;

char-cynda

(maybe) the filler is made so they don't need to stop RnR1 before start the RnRT(2) / wait for the game (a typical with a game series, just like pokemon). And to make the episode longer so it won't be a short anime (it just around 9 minutes not mention there is still opening and introduction >.<) with just a short/few episode.

The first megaman game i ever played was megaman 2, it could be 10 years ago or more...

PrimoPiccolo

After 100 Million Nights... I'm back!
I just love Mega Man. Been a fan of the Blue Bomber as long as I can remember, even back to when he was green and saying "Mega-hi!" to Captain N.

Battle Network was also one of my favorite video games ever, so being devoted to that series and the anime adaptation made me want to see what came after (too bad Subaru isn't Netto's son like I wanted :(), especially thanks to YouTube being available for me to see the episodes easy as pie. Gotta love ten-minute eps!

So I'll probably be hooked to all things Mega Man until I die. And a couple of lives beyond that.

Dengar

I was never much of a Megman buff, played a ROM every now and then. This all changed when someone I knew suggested I pick up Megaman Battle Network, because he knew I liked RPG's. From there I got into the anime and I've been liking all of it and RnR since then.

And I'm 23 and I still watch a whole damn bunch of kiddy shows, and I don't hide it from anyone either. Sure, some people look at me funny, but that's not important.

As for the filler. Even the RnR games are of a rather episodic "monster-of-the-day" nature, so I don't see why the anime would be any different.